RABEL222

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 06:54 pm
@Lash,
Got your right wing orders from your republican handlers? Get Bernie so we can reelect Trump. Bad mouth the rest of the democratic candidates as ordered by your republican handlers?
Lash

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 06:55 pm
@RABEL222,
Yes. Putin gave me a bonus this month. Dumbass.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 08:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Heh, Vox... I won't read from that slanted piece of **** "news" organization.

Nevertheless, it's backed up with an on site link to the Mueller report, so all their statements are factual and taken from the Mueller report. Only their observations are so called slanted. Facts are facts.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 08:58 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I’ve canvassed. Have you? You don’t know what you’re talking about, as usual

Anecdotal evidence is only worth so much, not really evidence at all.

Quote:
Definition of anecdotal evidence
: evidence in the form of stories that people tell about what has happened to them
His conclusions are not supported by data; they are based only on anecdotal evidence

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anecdotal%20evidence

The memo was sent from whomever to sow discord and divide and conquer rivals out of the fall out from it. So far, it has backfired. Moreover, that was a 2016 primary mistake, tearing down opponents so that when the general came around, everyone was feeling tribal within the democrat party and couldn't come together in unity to support the final winner to fight Trump, who was Hillary. I was hoping we wasn't going to see the same again.
Lash

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 09:16 pm
@revelette3,
I don’t think smart people dismiss experience. I know what it’s like to knock on doors, and it’s completely different than I anticipated—and the people I went out with said the same.

You do not know that of which you speak.

On the occasion that a person asks a question, it’s very helpful to have authorization on contrasts.

That little innocent and true contrast that poor local volunteers or a glorified volunteer printed was a great and factual couple of sentences that would be helpful to canvassers.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 01:38 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
 I was hoping we wasn't going to see the same again.

Indeed, all these lies against Bernie are annoying, and shox tjat people haven't learnt a thing from 2016.
Lash

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 03:49 am
At least, it appears Warren’s play to hurt Bernie and try to catapult herself with lies about sexism have backfired on her.

We sent him $4 mil in two days for the bullshit he has to endure on our behalf and her veracity—or prolific lack there of—is being read from the rafters. Looks like she’s nailed her coffin.

Of course, sad for Bernie. Smarts to feel ‘a friend’s knife in your back.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 07:12 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
and show that people haven't learnt a thing from 2016.

The lesson that Dem candidate supporters spreading vile attacks on each other do nothing but enhance Trump's chances of an electoral win?

Yeah. You'd think that lesson would have been learned.
blatham

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 08:29 am
Quote:
Alarmed by the burgeoning feud between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, a coalition of progressive groups moved Thursday to de-escalate tensions between the two candidates’ supporters, encouraging them to instead rally against moderate Democrats.

Launching what they called a “Progressives Unite 2020” campaign, the political action committee Democracy for America and 17 other groups pledged to “focus our fight for the nomination against candidates supported by the corporate wing, instead of fighting each other.”...
Politico

About time. But still leaves the door too far open for bad actors to foment disaffection and damage Dem electoral chances.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 08:52 am
CNN released the audio of that tense Sanders/Warren moment after the debate. I guess it is impossible to have a sotto voce discussion anymore with modern electronics. Not in any way inflammatory, I liked this body language article.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 08:56 am
@blatham,
Quote:
vile attacks

As you know, I have long said that the Dems (over and beyond Warren and Sanders) need to keep it civil and focus their hardest critiques on Trump. But I now also see that the devil is in the details: What constitutes a "vile attack", and what is just civil disagreement? Where does one draw the line? Because there ought to be disagreements and debates during the primaries, otherwise the discussion becomes insipid and useless, and some of these perfectly honest disagreements and debates could very well be misconstrued or misrepresnted as "vile attacks"...

There's no simple answer of course. Some of these "that is vile - no it is not" exchanges will just have to happen, and we'll all have to agree to disagree about whether any particular offense reaches the "vile" level.
blatham

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:21 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
What constitutes a "vile attack", and what is just civil disagreement?
Not an either/or proposition, for sure. And we know that friction and even anger will erupt in the passions of competing camps.

But we also know that there's been a species of rhetoric within the pro-Sanders camp on-going since the Clinton contest which demonizes opponents in a manner that matches the worst of right wing agitprop; eg Clinton was involved in the murder of Seth Richards, a claim which Lash has made here, or that Warren is a "sociopath", another claim Lash had made here.
revelette3

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:41 am
@engineer,
Sure is telling, not in a good way. I wouldn't like someone pointing their finger at me.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:43 am
The caucus change that has Iowa bracing for a hot mess
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:44 am
Quote:
Eric Alterman retweeted
jess mcintosh
@jess_mc
I would vote for Bernie, happily. I am legit excited by his policies, and generally pro revolution.

It’s the “agree with 100% of what he says and does or we will burn you to the ground” tactics of many of his supporters that scare the hell out of me.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:49 am
@blatham,
Lash has never met a conspiracy theory about Clinton that she wouldn't agree with. I think she's secretly in love with Hillary, hence her obsession.

But remember that the other side is not always innocent of it. In particular, that there is a certain sense of entitlement among certain centrists, that make them feel any critique from the left as grossly unfair, even when not, and any critique of Sanders by them as perfectly merited, even when not.
revelette3

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:50 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I don’t think smart people dismiss experience. I know what it’s like to knock on doors, and it’s completely different than I anticipated—and the people I went out with said the same.

Experience with some kind of proof the person actually had that experience is certainly helpful. On an online anonymous forum, not really.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:56 am
@Olivier5,
Usually it is Sander's supporters people criticize. However, the latest spat between Sanders and Warren, it is fair to criticize both of them depending on what you believe. It is the going one step too far with demonization that is at issue; that kind of thing causes a rift and only helps the republicans. I wish the whole Bernie and Warren thing would go away from both sides. I would be worried if I was on either of their camps. I am kind of neutral and would be willing to support either or Biden or any other democrat.
blatham

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 09:57 am
@Olivier5,
I won't argue against that.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2020 10:02 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
I wish the whole Bernie and Warren thing would go away from both sides.

I suppose one of them will drop from the race after Iowa and New Hampshire. The progressives need to unite if they are to beat Biden.