coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 12:57 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
It's a mug's game.

No, it is identity politics saying that color and origin make someone qualified for the job. That is ridiculous when you think it through, but it is what we have now. The results can be seen plainly. It is a sure way to put under qualified people with an agenda and prone to corruption into office.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 01:11 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
No, it is identity politics saying that color and origin make someone qualified for the job.
Doesn't your constitution say that the President must be a natural-born U.S. citizen of the United States?
revelette3

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 01:48 pm
@Olivier5,
In today's political climate "upper crust" is even worse than the term elite. Warren is all about economic fairness to those under the one percent in her politics and she always has been since becoming known when Obama was president. It is a unfair and false way to phrase her base.

Quote:
The script instructs Sanders volunteers to tell voters leaning toward the Massachusetts senator that the “people who support her are highly-educated, more affluent people who are going to show up and vote Democratic no matter what” and that “she's bringing no new bases into the Democratic Party.”

“I like Elizabeth Warren. [optional]” the script begins. “In fact, she’s my second choice. But here’s my concern about her.” It then pivots to the criticisms of Warren.

The Sanders campaign did not challenge the authenticity of the script, but it declined to comment. The Warren campaign also declined to comment.

It is unclear whether the script is being used for phone calls or door knocking or both, or in which locations.

The document also instructs to tell voters who are favorable toward Pete Buttigieg that he lacks support among African Americans and young people and to tell voters sympathetic to former Vice President Joe Biden that “he doesn’t really have any volunteers” and that “no one is really excited about him.” All of the attacks relate to the electability of Sanders' top rivals.

From your link. This is going to backfire on him if the story gains traction.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 02:02 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
To now turn to old white men to compete with an old white man seems disingenuous to what a very large percentage of what the Democrat party stands for.

But it's not what I stand for. I don't vote for Democrats; I vote against Republicans. Choose a younger gay male with dark skin and someone will complain that older straight white women are being overlooked. Choose a woman with a Spanish surname and someone will want an Asian-American. Choose a trans-gender lesbian of mixed race and someone will object because their race was excluded. It's a mug's game.

So, basically, Democrats will find something to complain about no matter what? Very Happy
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 02:35 pm
Republicans criticizing Democrats for being insufficiently diverse in candidate offerings (in one electoral cycle) is like rapists attacking Dubya for touching the German chancellor's shoulders.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 03:08 pm
@blatham,
I recognize that you believe that all (particularly those that are currently fashionable) virtues lie on your side of the political divide and all vices, the other, However that isn't really true.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 03:12 pm
@revelette3,
Still rather softly worded, especially in today's outrageous tweet climate. The gloves are still on. I agree they could have phrased it better, but the argument that Sanders may attract more diverse voters than Warren, including among the Obama-Trump voters, is still valid I think.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 03:32 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Republicans criticizing Democrats for being insufficiently diverse in candidate offerings (in one electoral cycle) is like rapists attacking Dubya for touching the German chancellor's shoulders.

Sounds like something a low information commentator would say.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 03:32 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
In today's political climate "upper crust" is even worse than the term elite. 

Okay then, what word should they have used?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 03:40 pm
@revelette3,
I think it’ll effect all sitting senators running for president. They have to come off the trail to do their job.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 03:44 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

In today's political climate "upper crust" is even worse than the term elite. Warren is all about economic fairness to those under the one percent in her politics and she always has been since becoming known when Obama was president. It is a unfair and false way to phrase her base.

I assume the definition of "economic fairness" means government-controlled goods and services, increased taxes, and government expropriation of accumulated wealth. The sad history of the 20th century has proven that to be merely a formula for uniform poverty, declining quality of goods and services, the loss of individual freedom, and bureaucratic tyranny for all.
Lash

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 03:57 pm
@blatham,
Blatham,
Your penchant for exceedingly low information comments is on display here. Bernie has had far worse attacks by Hillaryites.

“He makes my skin crawl,” says analyst Mimi Rocah. Has David Sirota said anything similar?

This is #1 of 70,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/msnbc-analyst-bernie-sanders-makes-my-skin-crawl%3f_amp=true
Excerpt:

MSNBC analyst: Bernie Sanders 'makes my skin crawl'

by Mike Brest
| July 22, 2019 11:10 AM
MSNBC legal analyst Mimi Rocah said that 2020 presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders "makes my skin crawl" and that he's not a "pro-woman candidate" on the network Sunday morning.

Rocah appeared on Up with David Gura alongside Zerlina Maxwell and John Harwood, during which they discussed the similarities and differences between Sanders and fellow Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren.

Maxwell pointed out that one difference between the two candidates is the level of detail in the plans they've announced.

“Elizabeth Warren on the one hand will tell me exactly how,” she stated. “Sometimes Bernie Sanders does not. So I think it’s very important to have them on the same stage at a debate so you can make that direct comparison.”

————————
Btw, what she said about Bernie not sharing his plans is a bald-faced lie.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:08 pm
@Olivier5,
You are talking about two progressives who both basically fighting for the same group with policies geared towards the working people who are not of the millionaire class (or billion as the case is now.) Bernie folks are implying, Warren who has been for more economic fairness since at least 2008, the Warren doesn't appeal to the same lower income working folks as Bernie does and it is just not so. They are trying to make out like Warren is of the elite billionaire class who are for the rich because if she was for the rest of the of the 99% of the working class, she would appeal to them rather than the "upper crust" which makes her not a progressive. They are smart these volunteers but deceitful and have no class at all.

They should have just used the white collar or college educated class phrase if they had to do it at all, which is not the same as the upper crust which is a republican base. I can bet you anything the upper crust is not going to go for a tax on the billionaire class which is what Warren has been calling for to pay for policy proposals including her health care policy. I personally don't approve of punishing the rich. I think there should be other ways to pay for things. I do think the richest among us should a proportional fairer tax than they currently do which would have the effect of having more money in government for policies.
revelette3

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:12 pm
@Lash,
Wasn't that always the case just as soon they decided to impeach the President, which btw, is popular among all democrats, even progressives.
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:16 pm
@revelette3,
Pelosi's delay is going to make it a whole lot easier for Republicans to hold the trial right during the early primaries.

The trial could be over by now if not for the delay.
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:21 pm
You know, this silly infighting among the left is ultimately pretty pointless.

Just pick the candidate who will give the most eloquent concession speech when Trump wins.

Problem solved.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:21 pm
@oralloy,
If you think the trial would have been over, then you think the trial won't last very long in which case, it won't be that long they will have to attend to their duties in the senate for the trial. Pelosi has signaled she is close to sending the impeachment papers. Personally I hope they do stretch it out, we need the witnesses to testify and we need an honest trial with no prejudging, fat chance of any of that. It be will over quickly.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:24 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

revelette3 wrote:

I assume the definition of "economic fairness" means government-controlled goods and services, increased taxes, and government expropriation of accumulated wealth. The sad history of the 20th century has proven that to be merely a formula for uniform poverty, declining quality of goods and services, the loss of individual freedom, and bureaucratic tyranny for all.

Pretty much nails it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:24 pm
@revelette3,
Yes. Has anyone made different claims?
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:25 pm
@revelette3,
We'll see. I think the Republicans could probably think of creative ways to use the trial as a weapon against Sanders and Warren while still not calling witnesses.

If there are witnesses, Trump will get to call all the witnesses that he wants to call too.