revelette3

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:28 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Trump will get to call all the witnesses that he wants to call too.

yeah, the ones who are implicated right along with him. Rolling Eyes
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 04:30 pm
@revelette3,
Trump wants to call the supposed whistleblower, father and son Biden, and various Democratic committee chairs as witnesses.
engineer

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 05:04 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
he's trying to raise her negatives by saying that she is educated and she appeals to educated people so you can't trust her. 

That's just not true. Sanders never said that.

Getting all angry and passive aggressive about Sanders and spreading lies about him, or about any other dem candidate, is exactly what Trump expects of you.

Not at all angry, but if you think that is not what was said, what do you think was said?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 05:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Doesn't your constitution say that the President must be a natural-born U.S. citizen of the United States?

You know the answer, why ask?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 05:16 pm
@oralloy,
So lets call trump as a witness too. Since his lawyers found out he was incapable of sticking to the truth when they tried practkice sessions before hed surely perjure himself under oath and convict himself. Hes such an egotist and and compulsive boaster hed jump at the chance and lie out the wazoo. Self destruction.
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 05:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Forcing defendants to testify in their own trial?

What is it about a fair trials that progressive witch hunters hate the most?

Or is it just that progressives have a dislike for civil liberties in general?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 05:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
So lets call trump as a witness too.

He is a witness to a soft coup, sedition. It becomes more apparent every day. I'm glad it does not interfere with his agenda more than it already has.

Democrats just can't seem to rattle him. It has made them crazy.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 08:22 pm
Obiviously jc and Ollie don't believe Trump can pass a lie detector test either.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 08:29 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Trump can pass a lie detector test either.

And if he did you would say it is inadmissible in a court of law.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 08:45 pm
http://www.usmessageboard.com/attachments/9fnw9wp_pp-png.300075/
This is the progressive thread. This is progress?
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2020 11:58 pm
@coldjoint,
You clearly don't know a damned thing ablout human sexuality, and its variability biologically and psychologicaly, and how it has been addressed and accepted cross-culturally for several thousand years.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 12:07 am
@coldjoint,
13000 plus lies, mistruths, unprovable inventions with no evidence, distortions, flat out wrong statistics. It's pretty evident he could never pass a lie detector test.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 01:23 am
@Lash,
The impeachment is going to unfairly hurt sitting senators running for the presidency more so than anyone else—likely including trump, and it could go all through the important primary months.

That’s just a fact.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 01:58 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Not at all angry, but if you think that is not what was said, what do you think was said?

Nice use of the passive voice here... :-)

You stated that "Sanders said..." and I corrected you: he didn't say any of that. In truth, a 'script' seen by Politico aledgedly said that.

But otherwise you're right: the sky is falling. Imagine what would happen if in primaries, candidates would go after each other's negatives...
Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 06:07 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
Bernie folks are implying, Warren who has been for more economic fairness since at least 2008, the Warren doesn't appeal to the same lower income working folks as Bernie does and it is just not so.

I think they are right about that. Warren comes across as bookish and academical, and while I like that style, not everybody in the US shares my love and respect for academics.
blatham

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 07:56 am
Note how the Bernie versus Warren coverage has just ramped way up in the MSM.

That has everything to do with the press's habitual hunger for the drama of conflict. It is one of their most predictable behaviors, probably the most predictable. That's what the "horse race" style of coverage is all about, for example. And those who understand this tendency and behavior commonly use it to forward their own interests.

The best advice usually is to just not bite.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:02 am
"Warren Says Sanders Told Her a Woman Could Not Win the Presidency"

You've seen this story, I'm sure.

I think, even if it were true, that there's likely less there than meets the eye. It's a statement taken out of context. We don't know any of the details of the conversation. It could have been an offhand comment concerning the tactics of the Trump campaign and the mood of the electorate. I'm not a Sanders-worshiper by any means, but I respect him and I find it very hard to believe that he meant this as blanket statement to apply for all time.

But I wasn't there.

As to the damage the impeachment hearings might do to the candidates, I don't know if that's the case. None of the competing senators are particularly charismatic. They could get stand-ins to address campaign rallies and double down on media advertising. And the way they conduct themselves at the trial could make for positive coverage.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:25 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I find it very hard to believe that he meant this as blanket statement to apply for all time.

Especially after 2016, when a certain female candidate received 3 million votes more than Trump...

The two progressives have tried to spare one another for a long time, but the soon-to-come primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire are turning on the heat... We shall see more of these piques. Let's hope they keep it by and large civil.

Edit: I agree with Blatham that a certain press is bound to give an inordinate amount of attention to even the smallest, most pointed piques and blow them out of proportion.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:27 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I'm not a Sanders-worshiper by any means, but I respect him and I find it very hard to believe that he meant this as blanket statement to apply for all time.
Yes. And it is not as if the question of how much a female candidate for the presidency might be disadvantaged in an American election is well understood. If they were speaking openly and honestly, it would be an entirely reasonable question to ponder.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:30 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Obiviously jc and Ollie don't believe Trump can pass a lie detector test either.

I don't know rabel, lifetime habitual liars probably wouldn't get emotional lying on a lie detector test.
0 Replies