Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 10:22 am
@blatham,
There are good reason to assume that those candidates with a groundswell of support, able to stroke some enthusiasm from voters, will have a better chance at mobilizing popular energies for change post election than candidates that rely on electability and institutional support. That's what incrementalists tend to forget: the usefulness of passion, the power of faith to move mountains.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 10:27 am
@blatham,
Of course, not directly. Putin is not going to get on record supporting Trump... He's not stupid.
snood

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 10:54 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

She lost it herself through cheating and hubris. All the Russians did was retweet me and people like me who called her and the DNC on their ****.

Here’s a clue for you: it won’t be Russians when it happens again if Bernie is cheated out of the nomination.

Bernie was beaten soundly in a primary with Hillary Clinton. If you could just admit that, maybe it would be the start of a long trip back to sanity.

Go towards the light!
RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 11:33 am
@snood,
Good luck with converting a republican operative to the light.
snood

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 02:13 pm
@RABEL222,
Nah, I know better. Just rattling her chain.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:00 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
There are good reason to assume that those candidates with a groundswell of support, able to stroke some enthusiasm from voters, will have a better chance at mobilizing popular energies for change post election than candidates that rely on electability and institutional support. That's what incrementalists tend to forget: the usefulness of passion, the power of faith to move mountains.
But each leading candidate has huge cadres of passionate supporters. Polling figures give us rough but helpful data on this. Many more who have yet to firmly settle on a single candidate but who desperately want Trump out of office will swell Dem ranks when a candidate is chosen.

You could mount an argument that Sanders already has an unusually passionate following and is therefore best set to inspire passions but I'm not at all sure that's so. A key reason is that this is perhaps the most fundamental notion pushed by Sanders' supporters and many believe it. But I have no certainty that this is or will prove much more than a PR stance to differentiate him from others.
blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:07 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Of course, not directly. Putin is not going to get on record supporting Trump... He's not stupid.
And I didn't mean to suggest you were being stupid. Rather I just wanted to point out that Russia's key goal (along with GOP/right wing actors in this game) will be to depress Dem voter turnout through causing disaffection and mis-directed anger.

1) if he wins, they WILL attack Sanders

2) when they do, they'll flood social media in any way they can to encourage his supporters to believe that it's the Dems and the mainstream media who are responsible.
blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:16 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Re: Lash (Post 6938623)
Bernie was beaten soundly in a primary with Hillary Clinton. If you could just admit that
Such an admission will not suit her purposes. And that will hold true over the next year, one can be quite certain.

Sanders is unique in all this. He's the only one who, when/if he loses, will not be responsible for that loss. Everyone else - Beto, Klobuchar, Warren, Biden, Harris etc will have only themselves to blame. Just like Clinton.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:19 pm
@blatham,
I supported Bernie Sanders and made sure everyone who read me knew my opinion of Hillary, that she cheated the primary, and that we should vote Third party to show our displeasure with the D party.

I support Assange and Snowden. I publicized Wikileaks. I pointed out the pro-Clinton bias in the media.

I support people’s votes being respected rather than elitist superdelegates negating the will of the people.

The Russians are primarily blamed for those same sentiments.

I pointed out that Clinton and Pelosi said Medicare for All will never happen.

That seems to be enough to make someone a suspected Russian these days.

Lash

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
But, aren’t they permeating our media??
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:23 pm
@Olivier5,
We have a much better chance against Russians than we did with the coalition of the Clinton machine, greedy billionaires and their minions in the DNC.

Send the Russians!!
Lash

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:27 pm
@Olivier5,
You have never seen anything like what we’ll do on Inauguration Day.✌🏽🔥
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:30 pm
@blatham,
This is Blatham, pretending the DNC and CAP and all their Neera Tandens plus the MSM haven’t ALREADY outed themselves as worse than any Russian could conceive.

We’ve got all the receipts.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:54 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
We've got all the receipts.

Yeah, you probably do.

For those of us not working hand in hand with Comrade Putin, many receipts are harder to locate. (unless you want to reveal the codes and passwords)
Lash

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 04:02 pm
@Sturgis,
Don’t buy that bullshit. Am I really coordinating with Russia, Sturgis?
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 04:02 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
...vote third party to show our displeasure with the D party.

And let's see...how did that work out in the end? Fools raced to vote for third party candidates and drained votes from the Democrats, while not draining from the Republicans as well.

It was Ralph Nader all over...but worse!

I didn't like (and still don't) Hillary Clinton. However common sense said Jill Stein would not win. Once Sanders was out, I had to shift to a life-preserver method. Even though it pained me to vote for Clinton.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 04:14 pm
@Lash,
Further back on the page, you said "the Russians are only retweeting me and others like me".

I asked you how this would serve their political/propaganda purposes. You should answer that question.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 04:39 pm
Quote:
We French hate ourselves too much to ever elect someone like Boris

Laughing Laughing Laughing
So true.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/12/17/french-hate-much-ever-elect-someone-like-boris/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_hootsuite&utm_source=tmgoff_socialteam&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=4d48de70-334d-468d-a26d-cae78265f1f1&utm_campaign=telegraph
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 04:51 pm
I expect to see the Russians enter Senate races and some HofR races this year also.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 04:55 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
I expect to see the Russians

You expect to see Russians under your bed and in your closet. Drunk
0 Replies