blatham

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:38 pm
@Olivier5,
I'd never heard of Jimmy Dore. So I went to youtube and found a recent interview of him by RT, the Russian propaganda channel. And low and behold, the RT dude and Dore both push Russia-friendly narratives of Russian election involvement, the Deep State, and the Democratic Party. Two minutes was all I could stand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gwJY4PrGVo

That Lash is tuned into this surprises me not at all. This is her home country.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:41 pm
@blatham,
I do sir. It's not like the Donald was the fittest opponent ever. But then HRC lost in the primaries in 2008 to a guy that came out of the blue, called Barack Hussein Obama... And she lost in 2016 for the same reasons as 8 years sooner: out of touch with the peple, Wall Street centered, etc.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 04:48 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

The truth is that the Russians tried to influence the election, and succeded. I don't have a clue who Dore is but to deny the glaringly obvious is not smart.

Up until the Mueller report, and maybe even for awhile thereafter, she referred to all reports about and investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election as “the Russia hoax”.

Just like Trump.

Just like Oralloy and coldjoint.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 04:57 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Just like Oralloy and coldjoint.

You forgot to say we were all right, it was a hoax. Now we know they created their own sources.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 05:04 pm
@snood,
He has been a staunch critic of the Special Counsel investigation into potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Halper, Katie (2019-04-05). "Tips for a post-Mueller media from 9 Russiagate skeptics". Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting. Retrieved 2019-10-03.

Lash

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 05:16 pm
@BillW,
KHalps is a spectacular, patient collector of evidentiary receipts.
A tight journalist.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 05:26 pm
@blatham,
Idiot. I argued with his take and he yelled at me twice.

People like you have murdered what used to be the Democrat party when it was something of significance. JFK, RFK & FDR lay at your feet. You look a lot like Bill and Hillary Clinton to me now—the worst bullshit to happen to this country for black, poor, and honest people. Identity politics but use and excuse real people who put on those identities when they walk out on the street.

They’re on to you.

They’re voting for Bernie.

Just admit you’re a Republican. You don’t fool anyone.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 05:36 pm
@Olivier5,
Sure it can. The media treated trump as a weirdo clown car candidate UNTIL Hillary’s campaign floated the plan to ask their mouthpieces in media to follow him around and lend him credence in an effort to catapult him into being her Republican adversary — actually stating that since she was so unpopular that facing Trump would give her the boost she needed to win.

They underestimated the depth of her unpopularity.

The coup de grace was her hubris in ignoring states considered strongholds for democrats. She wrecked that expectation.

SHE LOST ALL BY HERSELF.
Lash

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 05:37 pm
@Olivier5,
You’re a fake French guy from Antarctica. Stop pretending.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 01:36 am
@blatham,
I agree that such crass stupidity is painful to watch. I think less of the Young Turks now. Although i gather that he left their channel, they had him for years, broadcasting his toxic brew of cynicism, lies and anger.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 01:43 am
@Lash,
You hate Hillary so much that it clouds your judgement into denying the impact of the Russians on the elections. It's too inconvenient a truth for Trump's secret admirers.
Lash

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 04:30 am
@Olivier5,
She lost it herself through cheating and hubris. All the Russians did was retweet me and people like me who called her and the DNC on their ****.

Here’s a clue for you: it won’t be Russians when it happens again if Bernie is cheated out of the nomination.
blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 05:35 am
@Lash,
Quote:
All the Russians did was retweet me and people like me

Goodness. What were you saying that Russia's propaganda arm found so agreeable to their own aims?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 05:56 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Quote:
All the Russians did was retweet me and people like me

Goodness. What were you saying that Russia's propaganda arm found so agreeable to their own aims?
And how did they discover your twitter account?
blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 06:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Puzzles within puzzles. It's almost like a nesting doll thing.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 06:12 am
From Michelle Goldberg NYT
Quote:
On Tuesday, March for Impeachment
The anti-Trump majority needs to make itself seen.

...For months now, many people, myself included, have looked at mass protest movements around the world and wondered why Americans horrified by the depravity of this administration aren’t taking to the streets. Well, on Tuesday evening, in every part of the country, many will be.

Over 550 protests calling for the impeachment and removal of Trump are planned, sponsored by a coalition of progressive groups including Public Citizen, Indivisible, the Service Employees International Union and the Sierra Club. There will be at least one protest in every state. If you are disgusted by Trump’s behavior, and by the way elected Republicans have built an impenetrable wall of lies to protect him, you should go.

Find your city and march HERE
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 06:58 am
@Lash,
Try and look beyond the tip of your nose.
If Bernie Sanders gets the nomination, the Russians will again campaign for Trump and heap **** on Sanders.* So the issue of Russian medling goes well beyond HRC's sins. It's about your democracy survival. That is important, more important than your personal feelings about Hillary.

* In fact I suspect they started already, given that Bernie is leading in many polls, and that we now suddenly see the Jimmy Dores of this world attacking Bernie Sanders as a spineless establishment tool...
Olivier5

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 07:12 am
Wonder what a Sanders victory would look like?

Quote:
Sanders is now running second nationally in the Democratic primary only to Joe Biden, slightly outpacing the other progressive behemoth in the race, Elizabeth Warren. He is first in New Hampshire, and second in both Iowa and delegate-rich California, according to the RealClearPolitics polling average. And he continues to raise prodigious sums of money—more than $25 million in the last fundraising quarter, his most successful of the 2020 campaign.

... Sanders’ advisers and supporters are beginning to speak more often about how Sanders might govern the country—not just win a campaign. They talk loosely about potential Cabinet members and more concretely about the executive orders he would sign, primarily related to immigration and climate change. The idea of a Vice President Warren is getting air.

Larry Cohen, the former Communications Workers of America president who now chairs the pro-Sanders group Our Revolution, told me that when he spoke with Sanders about his presidential campaign in 2015, Sanders said to him: “Larry, I’m not doing this believing I’m going to be the next president. I’m doing this believing we can build a movement.’”

This year, Cohen said, Sanders told him, “I’m in this to win it.”

So what would the Bernie presidency really look like? During the past several weeks, I spoke with dozens of Sanders supporters, advisers and aides at events in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and California about what they would expect from a Sanders administration—and what’s already being discussed behind the scenes. Who’s in the Cabinet? How does he imagine his first 100 days? In terms of style, they envision a government driven by impatience, one that sees itself with a mandate to confront climate change vigorously, to shore up the nation’s labor unions and defend its immigrant populations. Maybe there won’t really be “Medicare for All,” thanks to Mitch McConnell and a Republican Senate, but they at least see less expensive prescription drugs and health care for more people than currently have it.

They know it won’t be easy. Just as they dream of Sanders bringing his Kohl’s suits and rumpled hair into the White House, they plainly understand the resistance he would create. Moderate Democrats would join Republicans in Washington to obstruct many of his initiatives, complicating his ability to use the full power of the party. So would much of corporate America. But Sanders’ supporters would start making noise, too, perhaps creating a newly potent political constituency of the working class and disaffected young people.

People surrounding Sanders envision something new happening in politics—the “resistance” that marched against Trump in 2017 could turn out forBernie in January 2021, giving the United States a force in politics it hasn’t seen for generations. “I was thinking about that day and smiling,” Cohen said. “People will be demonstrating all over the world.”

On Inauguration Day, he said, “Boy, will they be in the streets.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2019/12/16/bernie-sanders-first-100-days-president-white-house-administration-084447
blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 07:17 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
If Bernie Sanders gets the nomination, the Russians will again campaign for Trump and heap **** on Sanders.
Not directly. That's too obvious and would undercut the useful narrative that they aren't involved.

They'll try lots of things and magnify those that seem to work. They will likely have access to right wing analytics and data helping them to micro-target different audiences and they'll play to those different audiences.

But a key technique they'll use is to mount smears, innuendos against Sanders BUT they'll fake the origins of these attacks and portray them as coming out of DNC/Dem operations. (disgruntled Dem elites angry at losing to Bernie. Hillary's name will be featured)

Two objectives achieved that way: 1) heavy negative messaging against Sanders and 2) heavy negative messaging against the Dem community thus ramping up internecine fighting and Dem disillusionment to decrease enthusiasm, activism and voter turnout.
blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 07:26 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
People surrounding Sanders envision something new happening in politics—the “resistance” that marched against Trump in 2017 could turn out forBernie in January 2021, giving the United States a force in politics it hasn’t seen for generations. “I was thinking about that day and smiling,” Cohen said. “People will be demonstrating all over the world.”
Of course, the Women's March had little or nothing to do with Sanders. It was far broader than that and was at core a rejection of Trump himself.

Whether Sanders or some other Dem candidate wins, such demonstrations will happen again. And there's no good reason to imagine any of the candidates will be certain to increase the size and enthusiasm of such demonstrations more than any of the others, at this point at least.