snood

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Sturgis wrote:
Considering your beloved Trump has always been a childish name caller...as have you in your own round the turn way, it's nearly impossible not to be amused by your post.

The fact that Trump is able to beat you at your own game is precisely why it was a bad idea for you guys to start a fight with him to begin with.

If Obama had not chosen to ridicule Trump for no reason, Trump would not be president right now. And whoever would have been president right now would not see it as their life's mission to undo everything that Obama has ever created.

The only time I've ever engaged in name-calling has been justified retaliation for name-calling that is directed at me. Just like with Trump, you shouldn't start fights with people who will only best you in those fights.

You admit that his presidency is fueled by his thin-skinned butthurt reaction to being ridiculed, and that his dismantling of anything Obama helped build is just his fragile brat ego expressing its revenge.

That’s a hell of lot of accuracy and honesty - coming from you.

Kudos.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:12 pm
@blatham,
I don't know anybody on this site saying otherwise.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:19 pm
Hundreds of nurses stage a die-in in front of Sad Pelosi's Crying or Very sad office.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:21 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

if this level of absolutism continues then that will be destructive as he's going to have to compromise in countless ways. What then?

Who’s the absolutist?
How will it be destructive?

Yeah, you did imply Bernie was the absolutist.
hightor

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:22 pm
@snood,
Quote:

Hahahaa!!!
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:29 pm
The thumb-down scourge appears! God forbid anyone should express a non-conforming opinion.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:31 pm
@hightor,
I thumbed you back up, but I can't make a habit of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:37 pm
The Real Reason Hillary Clinton is Attacking Tulsi Gabbard
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:15 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I am always accurate and honest. That was just a routine post for me.

You would do well to try to emulate me. Even when you fall short, you'll still be bettering yourself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:16 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
The thumb-down scourge appears! God forbid anyone should express a non-conforming opinion.

I tend to thumb up people who argue politely and have been thumbed down (even if I strongly disagree with their arguments).

I do not do this with name-callers though.

So for example, when someone thumbs down Edgar and Lash, I thumb them back up. But when someone thumbs down name-callers like you and snood, I just leave the posts as I find them.

I of course tend to thumb up all conservative posts automatically. Conservatives just naturally make better arguments than progressives.

There is only one person whose posts I thumb down with any regularly. That person just plain sucks, and is a negative force on a2k. I don't automatically thumb down every one of his posts, but I bet I thumb down more than half of them.

I probably shouldn't name names since I just said that he sucks (name-calling and all). But I'm referring to an overly pompous person who spends all of his time pointing at other people and yelling "Look everyone! I think what that person over there thinks!"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:54 pm
DoodyDoodsky
@Howdyhorde
·
42m
Warren just tweeted a welcome to the race to Bloomberg. I do not give a **** how many ppl tell me how wonderful she is--the woman is evil. If Bernie ends up nominee Bloomberg will run 3rd party--he said it in 2016.
Lash

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Another billionaire trying to run the lives of 99% of the American people.

Not happening.

#NoMiddleGround
#NotMeUs

Btw, I hope he runs third. Does anyone think Bloomberg would pull from Bernie? He pulls from conservatives like Biden, Trump, Klobuchar... He’d shoe Bern in.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 08:52 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Yeah, you did imply Bernie was the absolutist.
No. that's people like you. Sanders is very much better than people like you.
Lash

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:40 am
@blatham,
He’s a hell of a lot better than you too, but once he’s in office, neither one of us will be damaging to his presidency.

Your comment about absolutism was just a self-serving concern troll.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:24 am
Michael Tracey

Verified account

@mtracey
10h10 hours ago
More
How do we know Bloomberg’s last-minute entry isn’t a Russian-backed scheme to sow division in the Democratic Party? Someone get Detective Hillary on the case
Lash

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:15 am
@Brand X,
Hilarious!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:36 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Michael Tracey

Verified account

@mtracey
10h10 hours ago
More
How do we know Bloomberg’s last-minute entry isn’t a Russian-backed scheme to sow division in the Democratic Party? Someone get Detective Hillary on the case

Yeah, because a billionaire three-term mayor of New York is surely exactly as vulnerable to being manipulated by Russians as a thirsty, unpopular wanna-be like Gabbard. Makes sense.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 07:40 am
How slickly they front for billionaires. Disgusting.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 09:51 am
@revelette3,
The Tax Code singles people out because of their income level, JFC.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/15/bernie-s/income-tax-rates-were-90-percent-under-eisenhower-/

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 10:12 am
Caitlin Johnstone ⏳
@caitoz
·
14h
Ignore all the narratives about why things must be as they are, and you simply see things as they are: resources disappearing from the hands of the many into the hands of the few, weapons of war circling the globe, imprisonment, surveillance and censorship. That's what's real.