snood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:17 am
@blatham,
It just galls me - some people want to bash Clinton’s so badly they don’t even notice (or don’t care) that they’re standing with right wing propagandists while they’re doing it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:32 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard chose Sean Hannity’s show
Because he's the only real truth-teller in TV news. You can trust him.

Also, there's really no other American so supportive of progressive causes AND Bernie Sanders than Sean Hannity. Sanders himself has great love and respect for Hannity.

You and Snood are the only ones here who mentioned and obviously watch Hannity. I was watching CBS. I get all my Hannity updates from you two clowns.

You guys are so desperate.

Van Jones and a CNN panel criticized Clinton for her behavior as well, but...Hannity, right?

Losers. Your ridiculous behavior is how trump was elected. You line up to defend corruption as long as the crooks have a D behind their name.

That’s ok. Everybody else has gotten together to clean up your disgusting mess.
blatham

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:48 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Everybody else has gotten together to clean up your disgusting mess.
"Everybody else"?

You're posts have taken an interesting turn. We're all used to your constant denigration of the party Sanders chose to run as rep for, of the Clintons and, of course, the mainstream media who hate Sanders (except, for this millisecond, CNN). And we're more than familiar with your accusation that Seth Rich was murdered by agents of the Clintons and that the Russian troll story is a big lie.

That's all boilerplate for you. But lately, as above, you've taken to a style that is like you're writing copy for an incredible new cleaning product with miracle ingredient, Hyperbolux!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 07:02 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/19/politics/bernie-sanders-aoc-new-york-rally/index.html

New York(CNN) Sen. Bernie Sanders returns to the campaign trail Saturday in New York City for a rally with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who will deliver to him one of the most sought-after endorsements in progressive politics.

Ocasio-Cortez told Sanders she would back him in a phone call while he was still in a Nevada hospital after a heart attack less than three weeks ago, aides to both confirmed, and news of her decision has been greeted as a welcome -- and validating -- shot of adrenaline inside his campaign.

The "Bernie's Back" rally in Queensbridge Park, just outside the border of the congressional district Ocasio-Cortez was elected to represent last November, comes days after word that she and "Squad" ally Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota would endorse Sanders. Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan is expected to join them soon, potentially at an event later this month in her home district.

In an interview with local news outlet NY1 ahead of the Queens rally, Sanders described Ocasio-Cortez as "one of the great political phenomenons in recent American history."

"This is a young woman who a year ago nobody knew who she was. And in one year, in the United States Congress she has been a leader on major issue after major issue, including the Green New Deal, including issues of housing, including issues of addressing the crisis of student debt," the Vermont independent said. "So she is really an inspiration to people not only in New York but all over this country and I'm very, very proud that she is now a part of our campaign."

Bernie Sanders: I'm ready 'to go full blast' following heart attack
Sanders made his in-person return to the primary stage at Tuesday's CNN/The New York Times debate in Ohio. While Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, his fellow Senate progressive and leader in a number of recent polls, seemed to be at the center of every skirmish and the focal point of increasingly blunt attacks from the contest's centrist candidates, Sanders delivered one of his sharpest debate performances -- a showing that, at least for now, has seemed to quiet concerns over his health.

Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez have campaigned together before, during the summer of 2018, for progressive Democratic primary candidates. Saturday's rally, though, will be something entirely different -- as Ocasio-Cortez, who had publicly weighed endorsing either Sanders or Warren, commits herself to the 78-year-old's second crusade for the Democratic nomination.

Her endorsement will underscore an argument the campaign has been making for months, which contends that Sanders is uniquely positioned to forge, as his campaign manager, Faiz Shakir, described it earlier this week, "the multiracial working class coalition we need to win."

Ari Rabin-Havt, Sanders' chief of staff, told CNN after the debate -- just a few hours after The Washington Post first reported on the endorsement -- that Ocasio-Cortez's decision would give new fuel to the "movement" that Sanders hopes will sweep him into the White House.

"This isn't about Bernie Sanders. This is about us," Rabin-Havt said. "And this is what these endorsements are about. These are people who want a movement for change in this country. A movement for 'Medicare for All,' a movement for a Green New Deal, a movement on these issues. And you know, when Bernie Sanders says, 'Not me, us,' I think that message resonates with members of Congress who believe strongly in a movement."

The endorsement, Justice Democrats Executive Director Alexandra Rojas said on the eve of the New York rally, is "significant in the sense that it shows that the Bernie campaign is important to progressives and Democratic voters."
blatham

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 07:18 am
@Lash,
Quote:
the Bernie campaign is important to progressives and Democratic voters
Of course it is.

As I, and countless others, wrote four years ago, a Sanders candidacy had the potential to move the liberal community further left, back towards a set of perceptions, values and policy prescriptions that have always served us and our nations well. And he's done that. It's a key reason I don't denigrate him.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 07:36 am
You can watch on C-Span and Bernie’s own live links at BernieSanders.com
It begins around 1 PM EST. He usually has a slate of entertainment for the crowds, but since today is different, they may just get to business.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 08:14 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Just ribbing Edgar a bit. But the idea I really like in the last few posts is the one that celebrates all the good work Sean Hannity is doing, how he's a real newsman more trust-worthy than the NYT or the WP, etc. And, best of all, the rare recognition that Hannity is the one to turn to if you really want progressive politicos in office in the US. That's who he wants to support.

The Hannity talk whooshes over my head. I have still never followed him online or on TV even for a single second.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 08:30 am
Shaun King
@shaunking
·
1h
Embarrassed to see the attacks against
@TulsiGabbard. They aren’t about policy. They are personal/ugly.

I’ve known Tulsi for 4 years since we worked together on the Bernie campaign. She’s a kind, determined leader. She actively serves this country.

Shameful to see her smeared.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 08:54 am
Gee. Someone dares to inject professionalism and logic into this ridiculous gossip-fueled McCarthyist Clinton-run shitshow.

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
·
12m
If Jill Stein were a Russian asset sent to interfere in the 2016 election, as Hillary Clinton claimed, then Robert Mueller should have uncovered that & included that accusation in his report & charged her: you know, the one written after 18 months of aggressive investigation.

Quote Tweet

Michael Tracey
@mtracey
· 13m
Since Tulsi is a Major in the National Guard, shouldn't Hillary lead an investigation to determine the full extent of Russian infiltration of the US Military? Because that sounds very dangerous. Or maybe Robert Mueller could do it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 09:20 am
Dr. Jill Stein🌻

@DrJillStein
In light of the latest slanderous allegations from @HillaryClinton, I challenge her to a debate. It's past time to give the American people the real debate they deserved in 2016, but were denied by the phony DNC/RNC-controlled Commission on Presidential Debates. https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1185198706016112640
Glenn Greenwald

@ggreenwald
Hillary strongly implies that Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian asset who will act to serve the Kremlin's interest. Also says there's no doubt Jill Stein is. Does she have evidence for these grave accusations? Of course not. None is needed in Dem Party discourse. It's gutter trash. https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1185196559941722113
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 09:27 am
best quote of the morning

Does she have evidence for these grave accusations? Of course not. None is needed in Dem Party discourse. It's gutter trash.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 09:59 am
No one produced any damning evidence against Hillary about Benghazi or her email server. That didn’t stop anyone from trying to smear her for years with millions of dollars spent on bogus investigations and hearings. The lack of any incriminating evidence against her doesn’t stop people from smearing her right now with innuendo and smarmy insinuations.

But yeah, poor Tulsi.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 10:03 am
Saying someone in our military —and a presidential candidate— is a double agent for another country is a grave accusation that should be proven. Period.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 10:15 am
@Lash,
What I am hearing is that the Russians are up to their usual tricks as seen before. Using misinformation and disinformation by promoting Gabbard as a third party candidate to weaken the Dems. Doesn't say SHE is doing it, rather that it's just another Russian ploy to weaken and divide us. She just happens tp be there and has some military cred so they can use her for their own endswithout her knowledge or consent to screw with us.
snood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 10:38 am
@MontereyJack,
I’m not saying she’s necessarily “doing” it either. But I think she has to either be an idiot if she is unaware of the Russians shenanigans involving her, or she’s complicit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 10:42 am
@MontereyJack,
By amplifying the Russian angle they are trying to diminish Gabbard's viability. She is not a strong likelihood to gain new strength either way, in my view. The only reason I can see for them to want her out is just in case she garners enough delegates to tip the convention to Sanders.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 10:48 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm not sure who "they" are, but viewed from the outside, it's just a quarrel between one who is an ex... ... and another who is polling at barely one percent as one candidate of many other other in the Democratic Party.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 12:13 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
If Jill Stein were a Russian asset sent to interfere in the 2016 election, as Hillary Clinton claimed
Here's where Glenn is misrepresenting what was said. Clinton did not say Stein was sent by Russian interests. The claim suggests that Stein is seen and used as an asset.

This is undeniably true and the evidence has been laid out in depth and detail by all the sources we know. They were, and still are, using Stein and Gabbard as a means to spread disaffection on the left, to reduce left-leaning voter participation and to forward the Trump candidacy.

Greenwald too can be so described. He now is, in this context, a Russian asset. So are you two, Lash and Edgar. The Russians and Fox and Trump are very pleased to see their propaganda being forwarded into American politics.

Does anyone actually imagine that the Russians do not want to see a third party run and further division on the left in the next year or in the next five years? It matches their goals perfectly. Would they love it if, particularly, Gabbard was to fill the role and function? Of course.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 12:20 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Does anyone actually imagine that the Russians do not want to see a third party run and further division on the left in the next year or in the next five years?
I would be surprising and raising further questions if the USA elections would be left out.
blatham

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 12:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The only reason I can see for them to want her out is just in case she garners enough delegates to tip the convention to Sanders.
This makes no sense, edgar. First, as walter points out, her support base is far too insignificant to pose that sort of threat. Second, it's not that anyone wants her out (because she isn't a threat that way as a Dem candidate) but rather that folks have to be sufficiently educated about Russian interference and how she is forwarding their interests.

If Gabbard was now to leave the race as a Dem candidate and push herself forward as an independent, she would obviously be working against Sanders. I presume you wouldn't think this a good thing. And you'd have to start rethinking her motives.

If another candidate, Warren or Biden or another, wins the nomination, we know that Sanders will throw his support to that candidate because of the catastrophic consequences certain if Dems don't unite. If Gabbard continues to behave as she is presently, pitting internal elements of the left against each other through appearances on Fox or elsewhere - regardless of the threat of a second Trump term - then again she'll clearly be working in tandem with Russian and Republican interests which Sanders, as I just said, won't be doing.