Lash

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 02:44 pm
@blatham,
Have you seen the only T-shirt depicting Bernie that was sold at 2016 convention?

Nothing you said in your post is relevant to my assertion.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 03:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
We know you hate progress. Go buy some more insurance.

I dispute the idea that shifting away from insurance companies competing in a marketplace is progress.

My idea of progress is fostering competition in the insurance marketplace and ensuring adequate oversight to prevent abuses.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 05:01 pm
Stephanie 🌹 Voltolin
@SAVoltolin
·
3h
"Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will headline a big-ticket fundraising event for the Democratic National Committee in October"

There you go. Warren's official debut as a corporatist.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 05:04 pm
I will not drive to my polling place and cast a vote for Hillary Lite.
No how, no way.
blatham

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 05:28 pm
@Lash,
Goody for you. But be a good citizen. Vote Trump.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 05:38 pm
@blatham,
No thanks. I’ll only vote for someone I actually want to win.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 06:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Are you an insurance salesman?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:26 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Lash had suggested that Dems had been pushing anti-Semitic memes in relation to Sanders.

That was a popular interpretation. The depiction might not have been flattering but I didn't find it "anti-semitic". I think that's a stretch. Anyway, Sanders doesn't try to portray himself as a candidate from Central Casting — I thought that was one of the reasons we liked him!

Quote:
Whoever is spreading those notions is doing so with the worst of intentions.

You mean these guys?

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:46 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
The depiction might not have been flattering but I didn't find it "anti-semitic". I think that's a stretch.
Definitely worth doing a google image search on that.

Quote:
You mean these guys?
Indeed. And it makes sense as Russia has always been a safe haven for Jewish folks.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:46 pm
@Lash,
Quote:

1. Lash, you are not fooling nobody.

2. Lash, we all know you wanted Trump to win the first time

3. Lash, we all know that Donald trump is your favorite candidate.

4. Lash, we all know that you truly want Trump to be re-elected.

5. Lash, we all know that your goal is to sow division in the democratic party, so that Trump can be re-elected.

6. Lash, you masquerading and pretending to be a Bernie Sanders supporter isn't fooling anybody.

7. Lash, I suspect that you are a fraud.

8. Lash, I suspect that you are a Russian troll.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:49 pm
@Real Music,
Yeah, I’m a Russian, you idiot.

Meanwhile, differences in Bernie and Warren fleshed our a bit and the Bernie Bro lie and real demographics are cleared up.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/gyzjmb/bernie-bros-women-under-45-make-up-a-larger-share-of-bernie-sanders-base-than-men?__twitter_impression=true

Excerpt:

New findings from The Economist show that women under 45 make up a larger share of Bernie Sanders’ base than do men in their same age group, contradicting a popular narrative that says the 2020 Democratic candidate's supporters are overwhelmingly white and male, to the virtual exclusion of other groups.

This narrative often hinges on the “Bernie Bro,” a term Atlantic writer Robinson Meyer coined during the 2016 election to describe a type of mansplaining internet harasser that some came to see as representative of all Sanders voters. Bernie Bros were a “mob” flooding the Twitter mentions of Hillary Clinton supporters; they were “sexist,” even “enthusiastically” so; and they were loud and aggressive when expressing their uncompromising support for their candidate.

Polling has continually proven that Sanders’ base is much more diverse than the figure of the Bernie Bro would suggest: An analysis of polling between November 2018 and March 2019 found both that Sanders was more popular among people of color than among white people, and that women supported Sanders just as much as men did, “if not more,” according to Vox. Earlier this month, a Univision Noticias poll found Sanders was the candidate Latino voters favored most after current Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden. And The Economist’s latest numbers show Sanders in the number-two spot behind Biden with Hispanic and Black voters.

Yet the Bernie Bro concept continues to endure, much to the chagrin of Sanders’ women supporters, who say it ignores a significant portion of the Vermont senator’s base.

“It’s really frustrating to see that the idea of the ‘Bernie Bro’ is still so pervasive,” said 24-year-old Megan Magray, a reproductive health advocate. She also serves as a co-coordinator for NYC-DSA’s Brooklyn electoral communications committee. “It’s insulting to see women, women of color, and people of color being erased from his campaign because they’re really integral to it.”
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:50 pm
@oralloy,
We know from decades of real world experience with dozens of government run health plans that they cost far less per capita than private company plans. They cover everyone cover pre-existing conditions and deliver better healthcare metrics. Private health plans simply do not work as well.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 08:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Marketplaces with competing private plans have been proven to work just as well.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 08:22 pm
Proven by whom? You consistently puke up BS like that, but you never back up your claims.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 08:49 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Proven by whom?

Proven by all of the major European states that successfully use marketplaces with private health insurance. Off hand, Germany, Switzerland, and the Netherlands, although I think there are a few more.

Setanta wrote:
You consistently puke up BS like that,

Facts are always highly inconvenient to the left, but facts are still true nonetheless.

Setanta wrote:
but you never back up your claims.

That is incorrect. I will always provide a cite to back up my facts if anyone requests one.

It's the people who disagree with me who never back anything up.

Of course, since people who disagree with me are wrong, it is not possible for them to back up their claims. But the fact remains that they are the ones who don't back up their claims.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 08:59 pm
@oralloy,
They all have government regulated systems in a variety of different forms and they all cost much less than the private system in the US does and they do better.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 09:13 pm
@oralloy,
Some have a private component some do not but they all have to meet certain standards and they all cost way less and cover every one.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 09:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
Like I said earlier:

My idea of progress is fostering competition in the insurance marketplace and ensuring adequate oversight to prevent abuses.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 09:33 pm
@oralloy,
It's not so much to prevent abuses as to ensure meetings comprehensive standards at reasonableness much less than ours.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 09:34 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Quote:

1. Lash, you are not fooling nobody.

2. Lash, we all know you wanted Trump to win the first time

3. Lash, we all know that Donald trump is your favorite candidate.

4. Lash, we all know that you truly want Trump to be re-elected.

5. Lash, we all know that your goal is to sow division in the democratic party, so that Trump can be re-elected.

6. Lash, you masquerading and pretending to be a Bernie Sanders supporter isn't fooling anybody.

7. Lash, I suspect that you are a fraud.

8. Lash, I suspect that you are a Russian troll.

Rubbish.
0 Replies