maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 10:10 am
@coldjoint,
I think 4 years past the email scandal, coupled with Trumps dumpster fire presidency and embarrassment across the country and globe, and renewed fervor and lack of complacency on behalf of left-leaning folks...would lead Clinton to a victory.

She was only 50,000 votes away from winning last time, and Trumps only gotten worse, while Clinton's approval has gotten better (and will continue to get better as she holds no political office and won't have the baggage with what that entails).

She won't be the nominee though. If she runs, she'll lose the primary.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 11:09 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
Trumps dumpster fire presidency

The fire has spread to the economy. And the jobs being created.
Quote:
Trumps only gotten worse

No he hasn't. He outsmarts the Democrats every time, that is getting better. No one will elect a washed up drunken hag. Remeber the Democrats are an anti-American party now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 01:10 pm
How sure is Cruz that he's going to win? He just canceled the next debate with O'Rourke.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 01:17 pm
@maporsche,
Dog help us if that goofy bitch runs again.
revelette1

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 01:19 pm
I found the following heartening in that it shows democrats in blue states which Trump carried, can still vote the conscience without worrying about losing the next election.

Heidi Heitkamp was ready to vote 'yes' on Kavanaugh. Then she watched him with the sound off.

Quote:
"The political rhetoric is you can't vote that way if you expect to come back. I tell people Ray and Doreen Heitkamp didn't raise me to vote a certain way so that I could win. They raised me to vote the right way," she said

Apparently she was losing badly before the vote, but with any luck at all, her vote might sway her base support and independents. It would have worked for me if I lived in ND.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 01:24 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I found the following heartening in that it shows democrats.....

Have no respect for due process and innocent until proven guilty. Those are anti-American things. Why would you find that heartening?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 02:21 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
The republican supreme court will reelect trump for a second term even if he loses the election like they did for bush.
Bush won the election. All the Supreme Court did was prevent Gore from causing a constitutional crisis by continuing his failed attempts to cheat his way to victory.

RABEL222 wrote:
Voting rights just went out the window with the court agreeing with all the republican voting maps restricting voters.
Meaning the Democrats won't be allowed to cheat in elections anymore.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 03:39 pm
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 06:25 pm
@maporsche,
Clinton’s approval is still in the toilet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 06:38 pm
I just got my mail in ballot. I guess they want to give the old folks a chance to vote before we forget there even is an election.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 10:15 pm
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 10:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Dog help us if that goofy bitch runs again.

Can I call people a 'goofy bitch' without you reporting me for name calling? I'm just trying to get the 'forum rules' straight. Where I come from, only a goofy bitch would call someone else a goofy bitch....so I never call anyone a goofy bitch. I friggin hate to hear a male call any women a 'goofy bitch', but maybe I'm of a delicate nature. (I actually have two words for people who use such terms, the same two you usually report me to the moderators for using)
Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 02:19 am
Do you get slap-happy in the middle of the night? Did you actually think I'd engage in a conversation like that?

If you call people in the forum names, you can be reported. That might mean that your post is pulled, and if reported often enough, you might get sent on a little vacation. People who are not members are fair game. As long as I can't tell some goofy bitch who posts here that she's a goofy bitch, then I'll play by the rules and report others who call people names. See how that works? Others can play that transparent passive-aggressive bullshit, too.

Clinton lost that election because she acted like a goofy bitch. She sat on her dead ass for weeks after the convention, which she treated as though it had been a coronation. Once she finally got moving, she wasted her on states she didn't have a hope in hell of winning, most notably Florida. She also wasted Mr. Obama's considerable political capital in Florida. She did not go around to states that Mr. Obama had won, and which could have put her over the top--Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, most notably. I call that being a goofy bitch. The last thing the Democrats need is that loser heading the ticket in 2020.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 08:08 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I'm just trying to get the 'forum rules' straight.

If that's what you're trying to do, you might try reading the forum rules. I especially recommend article 8, "No Personal Attacks", and the first two sentences therein.

The authors of the A2K forum rules wrote:
No personal attacks on other members. Heated arguments are okay; mudslinging and calling each other names is not.

Notice: "other memebers" and "each other". No forum rule I can see forbids any name-calling of nonmembers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 10:51 am
Ted Cruz declines, so challenger Beto O’Rourke gets an hour on national TV by himself

If his performance there does not dispel the lies and ease the doubts the Cruz attack ads have created he is toast. His TV ads are so bland even his supporters should not be pleased.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 11:00 am

Max Boot, former opinion editor of the Wall Street Journal, writing in the Washington Post:

"In 1964, the GOP ceased to be the party of Lincoln and became the party of Southern whites. As I now look back with the clarity of hindsight, I am convinced that coded racial appeals had at least as much, if not more, to do with the electoral success of the modern Republican Party than all of the domestic and foreign policy proposals crafted by well-intentioned analysts like me. This is what liberals have been saying for decades. I never believed them. Now I do, because Trump won by making the racist appeal, hitherto relatively subtle, obvious even to someone such as me who used to be in denial."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 12:34 pm
Newsweek headline

RAND PAUL’S WIFE SAYS SHE KEEPS LOADED GUN BY HER BED OUT OF FEAR OF LIBERAL ATTACKS
coldjoint

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 12:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
RAND PAUL’S WIFE SAYS SHE KEEPS LOADED GUN BY HER BED OUT OF FEAR OF LIBERAL ATTACKS

If she has to shoot somebody that tries to attack her or her family is the right thing to do. And she has already warned would be attackers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 01:31 pm
Wolf-PAC
·
"I'm fairly numb to how unresponsive and pathetic our federal government has become, but the recent Kavanaugh hearings reinforced just how bad it is.

Poisonous partisan politics have rendered our government incapable of functioning with even a semblance of integrity. That's why I've chosen to dedicate my life to fighting for Wolf-PAC's plan to overrule Congress and the Supreme Court with an amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

The truth is that we should be terrified of Congress. For the last 40 years, we've sat back and watched as they pass law after law benefitting only a small group of wealthy elites, corporations, and special interests that can afford to spend excessively in our elections. Year after year, decade after decade, it gets worse. They can't be trusted to save us. Not today. Not after the election in November. Congress and the Supreme Court are completely broken.

It's up to us to fight back with everything we have. We must get a U.S. Constitutional Amendment that restores the integrity of our elections and restores faith in our government. We can get there, but only if we're willing to step up and fight together.

This is urgent.

There is way too much at stake.

Congress just voted to approve a man to our highest court who called the disastrous Buckley v. Valeo decision, the Supreme Court case on campaign finance that decided limits on election spending in the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 are unconstitutional, “one of the most important sentences in First Amendment history".

Judge Kavanaugh is going to be yet another person on the Supreme Court who is pro-corruption. Yet another person at the top of our justice system who wants to drown out the voices of average Americans and continue moving our country closer to complete corporate rule.

There is a solution - we overrule Judge Kavanaugh. We overrule the Supreme Court. We overrule our broken Congress. We do this with an amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Wolf-PAC is pursuing a proven, effective strategy for achieving constitutional change. So far, we've gotten 10% of our state governments to demand this amendment. We need to keep going. We need to keep fighting."

- Mike Monetta, National Director of Wolf-PAC
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 05:26 pm
I bet I'm the first a2ker to vote this go round. Just mailed the ballot.
0 Replies