edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 04:13 pm
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 10:05 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I believe he is using this characterization of infallibility in order to draw attention to its use by another member

Except, I've never claimed infallibility and have even frequently made it clear that I don't claim infallibility.

As I have also frequently pointed out, progressives often falsely accuse me of claiming infallibility despite these facts.

Progressives aren't able to defend their demented ideology using facts and logic, so they resort to false accusations against anyone who posts truthfully.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 11:56 pm
@oralloy,
More nonsense. You claim you allways post fact. You refused to back up ypur statements when pressed and finally admitted you post fact and opinion. And the way you post opinion is a flat all iclusive statement as if it were true when in fact it is opinon and not so stated by you. You maintain opinion has no treuth value. So you feel free to post totally outrageously false statements and then defend them because they are only your opinion, which is not true or false in your lights.
oralloy

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 01:21 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
More nonsense.

You cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

MontereyJack wrote:
You claim you always post fact.

No I don't. I have always said that I often post my opinions about the facts that I post.

MontereyJack wrote:
You refused to back up your statements when pressed

You cannot provide any example of me ever failing to back up my facts.

MontereyJack wrote:
and finally admitted you post fact and opinion.

I have always said that I often post my opinions about the facts that I post.

MontereyJack wrote:
And the way you post opinion is a flat all inclusive statement as if it were true when in fact it is opinion and not so stated by you.

When I refer to progressive ideology as demented, it should be obvious that I am expressing my opinion of progressive ideology.

MontereyJack wrote:
You maintain opinion has no truth value.

Opinions are neither true nor false.

MontereyJack wrote:
So you feel free to post totally outrageously false statements and then defend them because they are only your opinion, which is not true or false in your lights.

Since opinions are neither true nor false, my opinions are not false statements.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 10:59 am
Third Degree Bern
@BernThird

Sep 5
My local Democrats refuse to allow my local Bernie Sanders campaign group to use their phonebank facilities. I thought it was blue no matter who! Democratic Hypocrisy.
Democrats are blatantly opposed to Bernie.
blatham

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 11:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar. Do you have any means of verifying the truth of that tweet?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 12:26 pm
@blatham,
This stuff happens daily, in various forms.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 12:40 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1170357771893661703/TzaZX3G1?format=jpg&name=small
blatham

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 01:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
This stuff happens daily, in various forms.
Maybe. But an anonymous tweet from god knows who which contains no specifics and no means of verifying the truth of the claim is not a good way to arrive at knowledge.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 02:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Democrats are blatantly opposed to Bernie.

Not according the opinion polls.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 02:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a64a85bc45d2c2c81f4ac768ebf9183a43ac35e0/c=0-43-703-980&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2016/07/12/USATODAY/USATODAY/636039418574210531-SANDERS-ENDORSE.JPG
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 02:45 pm
https://twitter.com/i/status/1170398173065601028
This isn鈥檛 a Bernie rally. This is the New Hampshire Democratic Party convention happening right now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 07:29 pm
SavageJoyMarieMann馃尮
@SavageJoyMarie1

1h
Absolutely pathetic! She skirts the question of why she voted for trumps military budget, by stating how bad the military budget is and then talks about the problems w/ Raytheon, even though she鈥檚 taken their f鈥檔 money馃が
Quote Tweet

Rebel HQ
@TYTPolitics
路 4h
.@EmmaVigeland asked Elizabeth Warren about her vote to dramatically increase the 2018 military budget, alongside a majority of the Senate.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 10:05 am
Sparky
@Wra12Cjwr1

Sep 6
Yeah, corporatists are co-opting the word "Progressive." Beware of Corporate "Progressives."
Quote Tweet

Tallfish馃尮
@Tallfish1
路 Sep 6
Exxon Mobil Is Funding the Progressive Policy Institute https://theintercept.com/2019/09/06/exxon-mobil-progressive-policy-institute-climate/
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 10:13 am
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/70538235_2275724006071126_7809295608455364608_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_eui2=AeHcKhEE7SzXWhuHuozYJHpFXz2yrywYiv9VDIwj6OPKBxZMxNi_8VYgkeqchVroIdvrnMBh-zPk-Oi8epET6GbUdX84MYKKUk9UZpiAmqWjkw&_nc_oc=AQkpADBBYdySxoA3E3dNfCya17ZqTByAVasg-0Tn3yxNGvIkIbLiBSUepUsYyNupstQpaTYhK4HdLHWuBMe7o_As&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=3d979c6a7cb7ce25ac092acbc7672666&oe=5DFB40F3
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 11:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Yeah, corporatists are co-opting the word "Progressive."
Of course they are. Kidnapping key terminology from the left and using it to suggest a particular value or principle while actually holding and promoting views to the converse, is a standard technique. This is a primary trick and goal of industry front groups.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:03 pm
@blatham,
My strong impression is that the Term "Progressive" , particularly as advocated by Democrat candidates in the most recent "debates", has so discredited the term that Republicans and others will shun it for a very long time. Progressives want government operated "solutions" to all the issues they encounter and the implied message of totalitarianism and tyranny is detectable by all but the Kool Aid drinkers themselves.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:12 pm
Anyone for the Dodge Rebellion?
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:35 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
My strong impression is that the Term "Progressive" , particularly as advocated by Democrat candidates in the most recent "debates", has so discredited the term that Republicans and others will shun it for a very long time.
Discredited within the right wing media feasting base, sure. No surprise in that. It's intentional and predictable. It's a reprise of several decades of disparaging the term "liberal" and "liberalism". But if one moves outside of that insular universe, it is not at all true.

Quote:
Progressives want government operated "solutions" to all the issues they encounter
You frequently make this claim. It's a mischaracterization that you seem to have absorbed and accepted without a lot of reflection. The propagandist function of it is to suggest that those on the left are childish, irresponsible, unrealistic, lazy, hysterical and without that good old American grit. Unmanly parasites, really. Or perhaps you're just using words carelessly. Folks voting Dem or Liberal here or Labor in Britain, etc, merely hold that government can enhance (and very evidently has enhanced) the quality of life for citizens through a huge range of social policies.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nope. But I'm a sucker for De Soto.
0 Replies