oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. Obama's failures are his own fault, and are not the fault of anyone else.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:17 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
I still don't support medicare for all, but I'll do my best to make sure the insanity on the left is halted in it's tracks.

When a party faces an extended period out of power, they always turn to nutty extremism.

It doesn't matter much because they are out of power.

They will have to rein in their nutty extremism when the time finally comes for them to return to power (or else the voters will not return them to power).
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:18 pm
Dissent Is Being Criminalized Right Under Our Noses
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/dissent-is-being-criminalized-right-under-our-noses/
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:19 pm
@oralloy,
You mean like when the GOP I out of power during obama turned to trumps nutty exttremism in 2016? You got that right.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
The GOP was not out of power for an extended period. The Obama Administration was just a standard two-term presidency.

And Trump is hardly a nutty extremist. If he had been, the voters would not have elected him.

Just like in the distant future when the Republican grip on the White House eventually weakens, the voters will still not put a Democrat in the White House until they nominate a sensible moderate.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:29 pm
What Elizabeth Warren Is Quietly Telling Democratic Insiders
With phone calls, texts and handwritten notes, the Massachusetts senator is continuing an unusually determined outreach effort to show party officials she is aligned with them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-democrats.html
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:31 pm
Krystal Ball
@krystalball
·
1h
The key to Warren's rise among the Dem establishment and affluent white liberals is assuring them she will do enough to keep the pitchforks at bay, but not enough to actually shift power out of their hands. cc
@AnandWrites
#RISING FULL: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Xc4RML3gh7A
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:47 pm
@oralloy,
Obama was one of our more successful presidents despite unremitting repub intransigence. Which. His why it is vitally important to once again outvote the trump cabal in 2020 and hopefully dungeonize the lot of em. and restore onamas legacy
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
No such Republican intransigence. That's just a myth that the left pushes to excuse Obama's failures.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 01:36 pm
@oralloy,
Mcconnall holding up the supreme court.nomination for a year was politics as usual? You rant using that 170 IQ if you think saying republican intransigence is a lie.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 01:49 pm
@RABEL222,
That was justified revenge for the Democrats blocking W's nominees in 2007-08.

Don't start a fight if you aren't prepared to lose it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:21 pm
@Olivier5,
You’re trying for a gotcha, but it’s just not there.

My legit vote is sacred to me. The other one, just a ploy to wipe Trump away. If you don’t get the difference, I can’t help you.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:33 pm
@blatham,
Even Trump’s mental exertion alone fighting off a primary challenger would be beneficial to his general opponent. The money he’d have to spend would be less for the general. The emotional kick in the ass actually having a primary challenger as an incumbent would make him crazy. The newsies stating daily how this has happened only a few times in history...

Any **** this challenger can say out loud on a stage to him and about him will chip away at Trump.

I don’t even know the Walsh guy at all, but the positives for just going through the motions of a primary for a sitting president will deliver a weakened Trump to the general.
Lash

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:37 pm
@Baldimo,
I can think of several worse ways to spend that vote.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:38 pm
@Baldimo,
Not by voting for Tulsi.😀
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Will you also be voting for Trump or is Tulsi your full time girl?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:43 pm
@Lash,
That remains to be seen, I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, so my 2020 vote is still up in the air.
Lash

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:45 pm
@Baldimo,
Well, ****, Baldimo. I don’t know you as well as I imagined. Cool. Keep me updated on what you’re thinking.😃

But Jesus Christ. Did you vote for Hillary?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 04:09 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Well, ****, Baldimo.

I'm just full of surprises.

Quote:
I don’t know you as well as I imagined. Cool. Keep me updated on what you’re thinking.😃

Most people think they know me from my posts, but they don't know **** about me.

Quote:
But Jesus Christ. Did you vote for Hillary?

God no, I voted for Johnson.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2019 04:12 pm
Baldimo,

One of my two favorite kids did too. Couldn’t do **** about it.
0 Replies