MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:22 am
@coldjoint,
You really do spout nonsense non-stop. And you have never never posted an accurate picture of liberals, who have always been the keepers of the true American values.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:24 am
@coldjoint,
which child is now a member of the British royal family. Not exactly sa parallel case with ol' Strom
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:33 am
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/all-we-know-about-the-new-case-against-jeffrey-epstein.html

Some details about the latest Epstein case. Names are popping up...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:36 am
@MontereyJack,
You are a mirror image of cj - on the opposing side.

"keepers of the true American values..." If we're finally admitting that true American values are cheating, pedophilia, rape, greed, and stupidity.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:40 am
@Lash,
oh stuff it lash. Those are Trump's values, not liberals'.
Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 08:26 am
@MontereyJack,
I refuse to believe that grown ass people still cling to the good / bad guy idiocy that has ruined this country.

Snap out of it.

They are all corrupt. The Dems have just historically hidden it better, but the gig is up.
snood

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 08:37 am
Everyone is corrupt and unworthy, except Saint Bernie, perfect patron saint of pure liberality.
hightor

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 08:46 am
@Lash,
Quote:
They are all corrupt.

Both parties' power is facilitated and enhanced by corrupt practices from D.C. to Main Street. But that doesn't mean that every politician (in either party) is on the take. When grown ass people indicate that they prefer Democrats that's not an endorsement of corruption, it's that Democrats tend to favor policies which recognize that ordinary people are better served by a government which tries to reign in corporate power through regulation, extend suffrage as broadly as possible, and protect the civil rights of the least powerful.

Sure, you can badmouth individual Democrats who break the law or violate the legacy of liberalism, but there is a difference between the two parties and what their constituents want to see accomplished. Completely dismissing the party as a whole means withdrawing support for the constructive efforts of the best lawmakers and weakening the progressive message in general.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 08:51 am
@hightor,
Well said.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:11 am
@snood,
Everyone is corrupt and unworthy, except Obama, perfect patron saint of pure liberality.

There. Fixed it for ya.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:19 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Both parties' power is facilitated and enhanced by corrupt practices from D.C. to Main Street. But that doesn't mean that every politician (in either party) is on the take. When grown ass people indicate that they prefer Democrats that's not an endorsement of corruption, it's that Democrats tend to favor policies which recognize that ordinary people are better served by a government which tries to reign in corporate power through regulation, extend suffrage as broadly as possible, and protect the civil rights of the least powerful.
If the poster had said Dems are preferred, I wouldn't have said anything; however, he described them as:

Quote:
" liberals, who have always been the keepers of the true American values."

and that statement drew my comment.
Half of Dems can't pass muster even qualifying as liberals. If they have been the keepers of American values, it is an indictment of those values.

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:49 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

hightor wrote:

Lash wrote:
If the poster had said Dems are preferred, I wouldn't have said anything; however, he described them as:

Monterey Jack wrote:
" liberals, who have always been the keepers of the true American
values."

Lash wrote:

and that statement drew my comment.
Half of Dems can't pass muster even qualifying as liberals. If they have been the keepers of American values, it is an indictment of those values.

This post was poorly parsed. My apologies to Hightor.

I've improved it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:50 am
I see you as a bit of an absolutist on the virtues of the Rs....
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:55 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I see you as a bit of an absolutist on the virtues of the Rs....

I actually respect your opinion and your civility, the others not so much. Cool
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 02:30 pm
Quote:
PleAZE DO. not compRe me to a rigid ideollogue who gullibly repeats evdrything he reads

Sorry, it is the truth.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 03:55 pm
@coldjoint,
Not hardly. That you think it is reflects poorly on you.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 06:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Not hardly. That you think it is reflects poorly on you.

Any reflection you see is you.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Anything you pst which has similar claims to Obama was trying to weaken America is utter nonsense. :Fake news: as a meme was coined to describe Trump's claims and the field of right wing "journalism:. And it fits. Hyperbole, biased unfounded opinion masquerading as fcat, sheer supposition describe it, and in Trump's case repeated outright lies. I've read a lot of yor cites and I find it hard to believe an intelligent person could possibly believe the crud in them. But there it is. It's nonsense.
s nonsense.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 11:21 am
@MontereyJack,

Quote:
Anything you pst which has similar claims to Obama was trying to weaken America is utter nonsense.

You saying it is nonsense is nonsense which seems to be your forte. His policies killed jobs, his rhetoric started a war against the police, his foreign policy weakened this country and cost a lot of lives while he watched ISIS grow, thrive is a better word.

Hands down, Obama was the worst president we ever had and was and is a traitor.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 11:32 am
@coldjoint,
None of that is true
None of it. Its purely blindered uber conservative alternative reality. And trump hands down has wo. The title of worst president by popular acclamation.