coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 11:03 am
@snood,
Quote:
The latest bot meme against Kamala Harris is “Kamala Harris’ ancestors owned slaves.”

Her father wrote a book that says that. Is he a liar?
Quote:

BOMBSHELL: Kamala Harris’s Father Says Her Ancestors OWNED Slaves

https://flagandcross.com/bombshell-kamala-harriss-father-says-her-ancestors-owned-slaves/
Lash

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 01:07 pm
I looked up Kamala’s dad, and finding him carping about her, expected him to be a Thomas Markle-type. Trying to grab some fame from a family member.

He’s a professor at Stanford. (Since you can’t hear my solemn intonation as I type that sentence, imagine a soft symphonic cadence ending in a flourish.)

One does wonder what broke that relationship.

I don’t know enough about their history to form a judgement, but I generally distrust a family member taking shots from the sidelines when someone is vaulted into the public eye.

This might work out to be damaging. It really gave lots of fodder to a mean-spirited Daily Beast piece.

Have to say, I’m interested in the details of that relationship.

RABEL222

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 01:44 pm
And crooked Trump and his crooked daddy git a pass because?
coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 02:05 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I don’t know enough about their history to form a judgement,

It could be established one way or the other. Maybe she has to do what Warren did but with her ancestors not her DNA. But it would most likely prove what her father said.
Lash

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 03:11 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, my opinion is — she may not be descended from Africa, but everybody with black/brown skin in America has very similar, crappy experiences.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 04:02 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
but everybody with black/brown skin in America has very similar, crappy experiences.

I do not know about that. I do not see the racism everyone else sees. It is magnified and repeated and has been for over a decade and getting worse if the MSM has anything to say about it. But again, I do not see it.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 06:37 pm
@coldjoint,
whole lotta white privilege going on here.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 06:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
whole lotta white privilege going on here.

A whole lot of self-loathing going on. People just love to be miserable.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 06:51 pm
Quote:
Law prof calls for federal intervention against Antifa

There is one professor who gets it. Other professors back these idiots, progressives that believe the ends justify the means and no regard for law or basic rights, like police protection. I hope Barr hears him.
Quote:
F.H. Buckley writes in the New York Post that criminal laws “are supposed to deter criminal behavior,” but when police stand at a distance and do nothing — as they did in the Portland incident — there’s absolutely no accountability.

Masked Antifa goons roam the town at will proclaiming “we own the streets” … and they do, Buckley says, because the city’s mayor, Ted Wheeler, has let them. Even if they’re apprehended, their masks enable them to walk scot free as definite identification is a problem.

“That’s a lesson we should have learned from the Ku Klux Klan,” Buckley says.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/bulletin-board/law-prof-calls-for-federal-intervention-against-antifa/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 08:28 pm
@coldjoint,
No feeling miserable, no self-loathing. I'm
' not the one with white privilege blinders on.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 08:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Precisely. You don't know. Its been going on for 300 years. Whites spent two and a half centuries complacebtly igoring it. Then the Civil War made it very clear it was there to our shame. For ten years or so they did something bout it. Then for a century they ignored it again just navel gazing. Another ten years of action in the 60s to combat it, and another half century of complacency.. Now the white nothing-here-foks are gtting vry uncomfortable being forced to recognize it again. Let's hope this uncomfortable realization lastd=s long enough to actually get rid of the racism once and for all. Judging from the conservstive reaction here, I tend to doubt that will happen. And our grandkids will have their duty to wipe the ugly stain off our nation's honor.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2019 09:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
No feeling miserable, no self-loathing.

Feeling guilty? You can't help it. You are not thinking for yourself.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 04:23 am
@coldjoint,
Nope. But I am rather incensed at all the racists that have sold out American ideals for generations, including those now active on this site who are still trying to sweep it under the rug and ignore it. They know who they are.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 06:56 am
One of the biggies is equality under the law. Another set is governmen of the people, by the people, for the people. Racism is not an American value. Do you disagree?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:03 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
One of the biggies is equality under the law.

It is? Then Killary would be in jail.
Quote:
Another set is governmen of the people, by the people, for the people.

Citizen people, not illegals, Democrats prefer illegals and foreign nationals.
Quote:
Racism is not an American value.

It has been valuable for people who say they have values to exploit for their own agenda. Do you see you have no values? That what you have is lip service and that is all. I do.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:04 am
@coldjoint,
Thomas Jefferson was the ancestor of a whooe lot of slaves too. He didn't even free his own half black kids whe n he died. And he talked about the rights of man Not surprising if Kamala Harris had a slave owner among her ancestors. Sllave owners fucked their property freely according to history. And it didn't stop in 1865. Mississippi segregationist senator Strom Thurmond had a half-black child he never acknowledged publicly, th he did give her some support under the table.
Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:07 am
@MontereyJack,
Strom Thurmond had a child with a black woman.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:08 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Strom Thurmond had a child with a black woman.

So did Prince Harry.
Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:10 am
@coldjoint,
Very funny.

Prince Harry liked the woman he had a baby with.
Strom Thurmond thought the lady he had a baby with shouldn't be able to drink from the same water fountain as he did.

I cannot understand the racists who have sex with races they despise.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 07:14 am
Meanwhile, do you think we're going to get the names of America's most powerful sex traffickers?

Ellen Barkin, an actress, just admitted on Twitter that the female socialite that provided under-aged kids for sex parties admitted it to her. Ghislaine Maxwell is her name.

This time, we might get justice.

0 Replies