Real Music

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 11:54 pm
Bernie Sanders: 'We Now Have A President Of The United States Who Is A Racist'

During a speech commemorating Martin Luther King Jr. Day in Columbus, South Carolina, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) called President Trump “a racist.” To cheers from the crowd, Sanders went on to call out Trump for his policy decisions and rhetoric, saying that they have divided the country along lines of race, gender, and country of origin

Published January 21, 2019
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 02:14 am
@Lash,
Quote:
there is more than one perspective to consider for everything that happens

When in doubt, ask yourself: what would Bernie Sanders do?

Would he try to defend neonazis, who long for an ideology that killed his entire family? Would he consider the good side of the neonazis? Or would he condemn them with rightful fury?
Lash

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 04:27 am
@Olivier5,
Human behavior around this subject is so odd to me. There was a mix of people at that rally. A lot of them were neoNazi types. But that’s not enough for you guys.

You can’t seem to countenance the fact that several people may have been there to oppose the removal of statues, not knowing the other things that were going to transpire.

You can’t seem to tolerate the fact that I and others heard them to say “you will not replace us” and that that statement can logically be applied to the replacing of statues of old white guys.

That’s not defending neoNazis.

A lot of indefensible things happened that day. I’m not defending those things.

I’m also not going to submit to this weird type of political correctness on full display all over the internet INCLUDING HERE that tries to force people into fully parroting one slim narrative about everything and being accused of all manner of mayhem if you question even a small or peripheral part of that narrative or even offer a possible different perspective—even if you don’t adopt it.

**** that. I retain my right to speak freely.
hightor

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 04:30 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I’m also not going to submit to this weird type of political correctness on full display all over the internet INCLUDING HERE that tries to force people into fully parroting one slim narrative about everything and being accused of all manner of mayhem if you question even a small or peripheral part of that narrative or even offer a possible different perspective—even if you don’t adopt it.

Me neither.
Lash

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 04:35 am
@hightor,
Good. Whenever you share an opinion outside the tightly controlled A2K narrative, and four or five people swarm you, accusing you of Nazism, racism, pedophilia,... chin up.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:00 am
I can't imagine why anyone would just presume right off that people bearing swastika flags and those marching with them might chant "Jews will not replace us". Nazi, white supremacist and John Birch ideologies have always been quite benign as regards Semites. And coloreds.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2f/2017_Charlottesville%2C_Virginia_car_attack_photograph.jpg/330px-2017_Charlottesville%2C_Virginia_car_attack_photograph.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Charlottesville_%27Unite_the_Right%27_Rally_%2835780274914%29_crop.jpg/488px-Charlottesville_%27Unite_the_Right%27_Rally_%2835780274914%29_crop.jpg

Quote:
LOS ANGELES — The gunman entered the synagogue on Saturday yelling anti-Semitic slurs, and opened fire with an A.R. 15-style gun. He paused when the rabbi of the congregation tried to talk with him. But he fired again, shooting the rabbi in the hand.

His attack left a 60-year-old woman dead, the rabbi wounded and a 34-year-old man and a girl with shrapnel wounds.
https://nyti.ms/2J6PXaq

We presume that man really just loved statues.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:02 am
@Lash,
Quote:
several people may have been there to oppose the removal of statues, not knowing the other things that were going to transpire.

Do you mean that in Charlotteville, mingling with neonazis, there were people with in fact a purely artistic motivation?

Quote:
I and others heard them to say “you will not replace us”

The replacement theory is equally racist, whether applied to Jews or other untermenshen.

Quote:
I retain my right to speak freely.

You may wish to associate yourself with neonazis on this very day after another synagogue shooting. Your choice.
blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:08 am
Lash's friends bravely speak out, refusing to have their speech right infringed upon
Quote:
Trump warns Sanders he is being cheated again

The Democratic Party is again trying to manipulate its presidential primary elections, President Donald Trump suggested in a two-part tweet on Saturday night.

“The Democratic National Committee, sometimes referred to as the DNC, is again working its magic in its quest to destroy Crazy Bernie Sanders....,” the president began, following those remarks with: “....for the more traditional, but not very bright, Sleepy Joe Biden. Here we go again Bernie, but this time please show a little more anger and indignation when you get screwed!“

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:18 am
Quote:
The demographic changes coming over the next few decades — the continuing rise of a more diverse electorate, with more liberal views than previous generations — won’t destroy the Republican Party or make it electorally insolvent. But it may make right-wing conservatism a rump ideology, backed primarily by a declining minority of older rural and exurban white voters. You can already see this taking shape. Among the youngest Republicans, 52 percent say the government should be “doing more” to solve problems, as opposed to 23 percent of Republican baby boomers.

In this environment, the only way to preserve right-wing conservatism in American government is to rig the system against this new electorate. You tilt the field in favor of constituencies that still back traditional Republican conservatism in order to build a foundation for durable minority rule by those groups. In just the last week, we’ve gotten a glimpse of what this rigging looks like in practice.
https://nyti.ms/2J1vK5Y
blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:46 am
Modern social media has obvious benefits. But the dangers that accrue are becoming increasingly obvious as well. Those dangers may well outpace the benefits.
Quote:
YouTube recommended a Russian media site thousands of times for analysis of Mueller’s report, a watchdog group says

...AlgoTransparency, founded by former YouTube engineer Guillaume Chaslot, analyzed the recommendations made by the 1,000 YouTube channels it tracks daily. The group found that 236 of those collectively recommended RT’s “On Contact: Russiagate & Mueller Report w/ Aaron Mate” more than 400,000 times.
https://wapo.st/2IXw3i6
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:49 am
@Olivier5,
Just observing hyperbolic, disingenuous lengths you and others grasp at to try to shut down any speech that steps outside the approved narrative.

It was done to you not long ago. Guessed you caved to the prevailing pressure.

Observations or offering a variation on the prevailing narrative doesn’t equate with ‘association with Nazis’ no matter what you say.

You guys are desperate. You won’t control my speech.
blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:50 am
Quote:
but you don’t run me.
Somehow that turns the mind to a toilet improperly flushed.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 07:57 am
@blatham,
Take note, Blatham. The superior argument is most effectively proven by pouting, whining, name-calling and accusations that your opposition are all mindless parrots led by an evil Svengali.

And here you were probably still relying on exposition of facts.

Live and learn...
blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:00 am
In the midst of a lot of ugly, here's some good news
Quote:
The Kansas Supreme Court ruled on Friday that the state's constitution protects a woman's right to an abortion, ending a yearslong legal battle over a 2015 ban on a commonly used second-trimester abortion procedure.

According to the state's highest court, "the Kansas Constitution Bill of Rights affords protection of the right of personal autonomy."

The ruling, issued Friday, goes on to state that "this right allows a woman to make her own decisions regarding her body, health, family formation, and family life — decisions that can include whether to continue a pregnancy."
http://bit.ly/2J6QfhT

blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:03 am
My goodness. What an odd coincidence.
Quote:
Trump Defended The Charlottesville White Supremacists — Again
“People were there protesting the taking down of the monument of Robert E. Lee — everybody knows that,” Trump said of the rally in Charlottesville, which was organized by white supremacists.
http://bit.ly/2J1lUBi
blatham

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:08 am
@snood,
Golly, snood. Whatever are you talking about?

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-04/26/12/campaign_images/buzzfeed-prod-web-03/trump-defended-the-charlottesville-white-supremac-2-7789-1556297909-0_dblbig.jpg?output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&resize=320:*

These fine young men were distraught with the street lighting in Charlottesville and so came to help out in keeping the city safe at nightime.

PS - my favorite is the guy on the right. I was just wondering, if he could grow a moustache, what style he might choose.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:14 am
Even Trump knows the forced removal of a statue of a figure of Robert E Lee would draw opposition in the south.

Some neoNazis glommed on to the event.

Saying either of these things is just acknowledging facts.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:16 am
Maybe there were a few Bernie Sanders supporters at the neo-nazi rally marching with the fine people chanting....
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:17 am
@blatham,
That is good news.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:18 am
@blatham,
What timing.

No way the tail is wagging the dog here though.

Independent thoughts, through and through.
0 Replies