maporsche

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 06:56 pm
@blatham,
This is fine and all, but I don’t give a **** what Madison and Hamilton would think anymore.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 08:38 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I’m with Maporche on this- I won’t support Sanders in a primary, but I will support him or any one else who wins the Democratic nomination.

I’ve decided that I’m going to take my primary voting a step further.

Not only will Bernie not get my vote in the primary, I’m going to end up voting for the candidate who I perceive as having the best chance to beat Bernie. This means I’ll probably end up voting for my 3rd or 4th choice because that would be better than a Bernie candidacy/presidency and I don’t want to dilute the vote too much (which would help Bernie I think).

Bernie is hundreds of miles ahead of Trump, but just about every other Democratic candidate is dozens of miles ahead of Bernie.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 10:14 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Tough, yeah okay. Also well informed and discerning. They wanted substantive answers to their questions and not well rehearsed platitudes. They received Beto and Warren and Klobuchar well because they answered the questions and didn’t recite placating bromides.

During the interview there were a couple of hecklers in the crowd that were giving Sanders a hard time. Yeah, his mentioning of MLK and Sanders' support in the Civil Rights Movement of the latter part of the last century is dated and seen as tired by this next generation of activists. His stated policies are for equality for all, which includes women of color. They're not exclusively for women of color. Klobuchar, Beto and Warren answered the questions presented to them as obliquely as did Sanders, giving facts about the disparities in various areas between people of color and whites and saying they've always been for justice for everyone. Beto was given questions mostly about immigration. I wonder how many of the hecklers fit the racist profile of the mother of the writer whose article you linked in your reply. Like the writer stated, Sanders didn't stand a chance with these people.
snood

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 11:25 pm
@InfraBlue,
Well, he better find some way to connect with “these people”. It just so happens that “these people” (black women) largely decide who wins the nomination.
It isn’t “these people’s” fault that Sanders is out of touch and tone deaf when it comes to communicating with “these people”.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 11:37 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Well, he better find some way to connect with “these people”. It just so happens that “these people” (black women) largely decide who wins the nomination.
It isn’t “these people’s” fault that Sanders is out of touch and tone deaf when it comes to communicating with “these people”.

If these "black women" are as racist as the mother of the writer whose article you linked, why would anyone want to connect with these people?
snood

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 01:16 am
@InfraBlue,
You obviously didn’t read the whole article, or if you did you didn’t understand it if all you got out of it was that the author’s mom was racist. I don’t know what you’re babbling about. If you don’t see why a candidate to be the Democratic nominee needs to connect with black women, I can’t help you.
Lash

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 02:12 am
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/59064421_859416727735102_3692163967376949248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQkOVWtKZ6_7ar2GkrklMMM2KzuexXDgb-AK0t-BxmFj7ESPb03ddKcGHShPemR7Vq8&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=03c65507816f287f1708963653a8fc27&oe=5D364F71
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 02:29 am
I had the privilege of listening to Bernie, Cornel, and Danny Glover speak to largely black audiences last week in two a mid-size cities — one, majority white; one majority, black.

The meetings featured local black activists outlining the problems black locals face, and Bernie shared what he’d learned about the issues and his policies to solve the issues.

I don’t know how many presidential candidates even believe minority and poor people even deserve this level of help, much less have come to these communities, studied the specific problem and drawn up specific policies to help people in these situations.

He knows how to ‘talk to these people’. Some of ‘these people’ have decided to hate him. That’s on them.

Bernie Sanders is the best thing that could ever happen to poor and minority people. Many of them know that. We’ll see if it’s enough, or if they, once again fall prey to lying incrementalists who use them and excuse them.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 03:24 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

snood wrote:
I’m with Maporche on this- I won’t support Sanders in a primary, but I will support him or any one else who wins the Democratic nomination.

I’ve decided that I’m going to take my primary voting a step further.

Not only will Bernie not get my vote in the primary, I’m going to end up voting for the candidate who I perceive as having the best chance to beat Bernie. This means I’ll probably end up voting for my 3rd or 4th choice because that would be better than a Bernie candidacy/presidency and I don’t want to dilute the vote too much (which would help Bernie I think).

Bernie is hundreds of miles ahead of Trump, but just about every other Democratic candidate is dozens of miles ahead of Bernie.

Pat the Berner🌹
@PatTheBerner
·
1h
SHITLIB: Black people are the base & they don't like Bernie. Go Kamala!

US: Bernie has twice her support in the black community.

SHITLIB: Ugh. Go Biden!

US: Biden wrote the crime bill.

SHITLIB: Ugh. Go Buttigieg!

US: Pete has 2% support in the black community.

SHITLIB: So?

Make sure you put Trump back in office with the other shitlibs.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 04:38 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Hahaha. So, you can point the finger at Obama’s campaign donors and donors of other democrats, but you can’t refute the Black Chamber of Commerces facts on how Obama killed their businesses.Thanks!

That's because I don't have to. Since you can't seem to even find ANY facts to back up your claim, you definitely didn't do yourself much favor. Some obscure writing that won't name the policy, the date of review, how that policy affects all small business, specifically black small business owners or even how it got defeated shows there was no substance to that article.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 05:33 am
Shitlib?

What a clever way to reach out to potential voters.

This sounds pretty tribal to me and is a perfect example of what's wrong with contemporary political culture.
Lash

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 05:36 am
@hightor,
It’s commonly used on Twitter for years.
I didn’t think it would be a new word for anyone.
hightor

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:11 am
@Lash,
Quote:
It’s commonly used on Twitter for years.

Yes, lots of other insults, epithets, and derogatory terms have been around for years.
Quote:
I didn’t think it would be a new word for anyone.

I didn't think insulting potential voters would be a new policy for progressive Democrats. Even if progressives were a majority in the party (which they're not) they're not going to beat Trump by alienating other portions of the party so dismissively.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:18 am
@Lash,
New for me. But I peruse twitter sparingly.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:19 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
I'm pretty sure White Supremacists are very racist.

Sure, if they truly are white supremacists. But leftists falsely accuse everyone of being a white supremacist.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:20 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
When they're shouting "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" I don't really need a road map.
Do you?

What about people who leftists falsely accuse of shouting such things?
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:21 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Whether or not oralloy realizes he is grossly exaggerating when he declares "leftists call everyone racist,"

I certainly don't recognize it. I contend that my estimate is accurate.

If anything, I underestimate the number of people who are falsely accused of racism by the left.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:22 am
@oralloy,
But white supremacists falsely accuse everyone of being a leftist.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:24 am
@hightor,
Typical leftist. Falsely accusing people of being a white supremacist.

There is nothing false about referring to leftists as leftists.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 06:37 am
@blatham,
Quote:
...Madison and Hamilton didn't say anything about holding off on impeachment because it would be politically risky.

They also didn't say anything about leftists abusing the process to conduct witch hunts against people who do not agree with them.

Quote:
Democrats who prefer to substitute the 2020 election for an impeachment fight don't appear to have considered the implications if Mr. Trump were to win: Would that not condone his constitutional abuses

No such abuses. At least, not on Trump's part.

The left's perpetual witch hunting is certainly an abuse, and is justification for outlawing the Democratic Party.

Quote:
Moreover, the report by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, left clear openings, perhaps even obligations, for Congress to act...

Not really. Absence of wrongdoing is not cause for action.

Nor would there be cause for action even if there had actually been wrongdoing, considering the precedent that Democrats set with Bill Clinton.
0 Replies