Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:27 am
@maporsche,
My wife and I are spending an obscene amount of cash every month. I could give you a list but then I'd need to kill you...

How much do the Clintons spend per month, do you recon?
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:30 am
MYPORSCHE!!!!! Here’s an idea 💡 about Bernie’s evil monthly spending.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4PmCQtWAAY92fC?format=jpg&name=medium
Hahahaha!!!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:32 am
@Lash,
Quote:
[Mike] Allen may be an ethically challenged shill,

Back in the mid-70s I read a John Birch tract titled "None Dare Call It Conspiracy". It's main author was Gary Allen, Mike's father.
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:33 am
@Olivier5,
Well, we know THIS:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2016/03/30/hillary-clinton-blocks-traffic-to-get-her-600-haircut/amp/

Hillary Clinton’s entourage — four big black cars plus her top aide Huma Abedin — was spotted outside Bergdorf Goodman on Wednesday morning waiting as the presidential hopeful got her $600 haircut.

According to one witness, “Hillary’s entourage was blocking traffic early this morning, and waiting as Hillary got her hair done before heading up to do an event at the Apollo Theater in Harlem.”

Clinton gets her hair done at the John Barrett Salon by John Barrett personally, who we previously reported charges $600 for a haircut, plus an extra $600 for color.

It’s not clear how much Clinton pays for a private audience with Barrett, and her reps didn’t respond to requests for comment. But usually, the store closes off a private entrance and elevator bank for her arrival.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:35 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
How much do the Clintons spend per month, do you recon?

I don't recall. Not really relevant to the 2020 election though.

I imagine you're trying to find some hypocrisy on my part here. Here's my rebuttal to that.

They've amassed a significant net worth (over $200MM), so I'm not questioning their financial management like I am Sanders (who's built a piss poor one, considering his very large annual income). I don't care if they spend $180,000 per month; assuming that they're building wealth, then they are managing their money just fine.
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:37 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
[Mike] Allen may be an ethically challenged shill,

Hahaha! Perhaps you should finish that sentence.

Allen may be an ethically challenged shill, but he’s a well-connected one, so the list is probably worth taking seriously

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:40 am
@maporsche,
It is completely relevant to this guy’s (HisPorsche’s) empty reasoning.

It’s obviously not based on truth or principles but instead only on whatever lie or calculated gaslighting that momentarily serves his hatred of a man devoted to making life better for struggling Americans.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:52 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I wish I had a financial advisor like you that my husband would accept. We both stink at it. Wink

Lol, I understand. I come from a very poor family and 3 of my 5 brothers and sisters still haven't learned decent financial management either, despite my attempts to help.

You don't need an adviser though. It's not really that complicated in theory. If you get a $1000 paycheck, pretend that it's only a $900 one and put that extra $100 into a Roth IRA (or 401k with a company match - even better). Put that investment into one of the various low/no fee Stock Market Index Funds (I personally put most of mine on the S&P 500 index fund).

Then, don't touch that money.

If everyone simply saved 10% of their income starting at 22, almost everyone would end up being a millionaire. People like to say it's not possible (and for a few, that's true, there is luck involved health wise) but for 70%+ of the population, they have the income to retire a millionaire (or they would have if they'd had the discipline to save). It's obviously possible, even if you make $30,000/year, someone is living next to you making $27,000/year.

It's not easy to stare at cash sitting in an account and not spending it when emergencies come up...but that's what it takes.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:53 am
@maporsche,
You don't recall because you never cared until now, and thus you never checked.
maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 10:54 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
You don't recall because you never cared until now, and thus you never checked.

??? You sure know a lot about me. Mom?

How would one check their personal spending? I am only able to speak to Sanders spending, because he's spent just about every dollar he's made, and his income is public record.

The Clinton's financial situation has been well known for over 30 years. You can see all of their tax returns if you want. Not to mention Bernie attacked Hillary about the millions Bill had made on book deals and giving speeches. Their financial management and personal wealth is well known.

You can have the last word on this. I've been tired of talking to you for several posts now.
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:02 am
@maporsche,
Because it’s no fun when somebody reveals your colossal bullshit.

Laughing

Look, you’ve made my day. Sincere appreciation.
#bernie2020
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:08 am
I guess progressives wouldn’t care if people made a ton of money as long as they just SPEND SPEND SPEND all of it.

I mean, who cares if you’re a CEO making 20 million a year.

Just spend all of it and don’t save any of it and you can pretend to be “just a normal person.”

The only difference between Sanders and someone with a $10MM net worth is that Sanders loves to SPEND SPEND SPEND. That’s just a fact.

Bernie Sanders - makes $4.5MM in government salary. Saves almost nothing. Spends almost everything. Bottom 20% in net worth in a Congress = hero to the working man

Other Congressman - makes same $4.5MM in salary. Saves 10% responsibly. Has $10MM net worth through discipline = evil rich greedy bastard

Makes perfect sense. Now I’m done.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:15 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Who is John Hagee?

Another southern evangelical fruitcake who has, as is typical, made millions playing the God con. He has referred to the Pope/Catholic church as an agent of Satan.

Later, he apologized to William Donohue of the Catholic League who promptly forgave Hagee because William Donohue is an agent of Satan. (He's not actually. He is merely the most dishonest and immoral christian you're likely to bump into.
Brand X

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:25 am
@lhfang

'Freshmen Rep. Lori Trahan, (D-Mass.) ran on no corporate PAC money last year. She just filed her first quarter FEC disclosures, which shows money from shipping industry, hospital industry, grocery industry, and construction industry PACs http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00655647/1326562/sa/ALL/2 …
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:27 am
@maporsche,
What about Obama's saving skills? Are they any good? :-)
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:38 am
@blatham,
Quote:
He has referred to the Pope/Catholic church as an agent of Satan.

I once had a Rastafiri friend who thought as much... His place was next to a catholic church and he used to make satanic hand signs at it all the time.

For the moment, the investigators haven't ruled out foulplay but the roof was under repairs and a work accident seems more likely.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:52 am
Some more on Fox coverage after Sanders' townhall
The first audience question went to a guy named Joe Basrawi who described himself as a student. He's actually a campus coordinator for far-right Turning Point USA. Media Matters

Quote:
Following Bernie Sanders' Fox News town hall, Fox's Stuart Varney rails against Sanders' tax plan: "Where's the fairness?"
MM

Quote:
Fox guest: Working people in Europe "don't dress very well, they don't go to restaurants" because of "that welfare state"
Peter Morici: "I bet you Bernie Sanders doesn't have the courage to debate Peter Morici"
MM

Quote:
Immediately after Fox's Sanders town hall, Fox guest says electing Bernie Sanders would collapse the economy
MM

Quote:
Fox anchor Bill Hemmer misinformed viewers about Bernie Sanders’ tax proposals
MM

And finally, this is why Fox invited Sanders to do this townhall
Quote:
Fox News will leverage Sen. Bernie Sanders’ town hall to sanitize its brand
MM

blatham

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 12:01 pm
Here's a consequence of a half century of idiocy and propagated paranoia
Quote:
Majority of Republicans think evangelical Christians are more discriminated against than minorities
TP

This is incomprehensibly stupid. But Republicans have been trained to think this way.

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 12:02 pm
@blatham,
I’m sure everyone knew Fox would attempt to smear Bern, twist what he said, capture sound bytes and feed them back to the public dishonestly—you know, like the DNC and their cronies are doing—but Bernie and his supporters knew how incredibly powerful and effective it would be to go into Fox’s house, reach out, tell some truth, and leave in an aura of applause and respect.

It was a win-win.

The opinions that fall on the pro and con sides of this issue also seem to fall neatly on the fearful / bold sides as well.

What are the naysayers afraid of?

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 12:07 pm
@blatham,
The irrationality centers on their belief that people who are seeking liberal-type rights are actually infringing on Christians’ rights. It’s mind-boggling.
0 Replies