Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 04:24 am
@Brand X,
Hahaha... good luck with that!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 04:32 am
@maporsche,
If a candidate's wealth management skills are the deciding factor for you, you should vote for Trump.
Brand X

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 04:38 am
More family feud.

'WASHINGTON — Democratic leadership and the party’s progressive flank are feuding over how best to lower drug prices.

In recent weeks, tensions between the two camps have escalated, and some fights have even spilled into public view. In a high-profile tug of war, lawmakers hoping to strike an accord with the Trump administration have been forced to confront a faction pressing Democrats to instead pursue a bolder progressive agenda — albeit one that the GOP-controlled Senate would surely ignore.

At a recent meeting of the Democrats’ most liberal members, several lawmakers scolded Wendell Primus, a veteran aide to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, for aggressively pitching pharmaceutical policy they said fell short of the speaker’s campaign promises. Much of the controversy has been driven by Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas), who last week publicly dressed down a veteran committee aide, accusing her of misleading him and shaping legislation to favor drug companies. And it’s not just the lawmakers — outside progressive advocacy groups aligned with Doggett are also fighting with more centrist organizations over the best path forward.

https://www.statnews.com/2019/04/15/democrats-feud-over-drug-pricing-policy/
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 05:12 am
@gdebenedetti

'Something interesting is happening

Both O'Rourke and Bernie Sanders have now said the most common occupation among their Q1 donors = teachers.'
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 06:23 am
https://youtu.be/9KrP8Ruv2kA

Bernie, killing it on Fox with Young Turk commentary.
Brand X

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 06:40 am
@RashidaTlaib

'They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse. However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us.'
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 06:47 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

@RashidaTlaib

'They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse. However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us.'

This woman is fearless. She just pricked Pelosi in the balls. Publicly. Now, pelosi will drag her off to an office and threaten her. They made a BIG mistake not supporting another speaker.

Loving Rashida.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 07:15 am
'‘Stop Sanders’ Democrats Are Agonizing Over His Momentum'

'From canapé-filled fund-raisers on the coasts to the cloakrooms of Washington, mainstream Democrats are increasingly worried that their effort to defeat President Trump in 2020 could be complicated by Mr. Sanders, in a political scenario all too reminiscent of how Mr. Trump himself seized the Republican nomination in 2016.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/politics/bernie-sanders-democratic-party.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 07:37 am
@Brand X,
Another excerpt from Brand’s link:

How, some Democrats are beginning to ask, do they thwart a 70-something candidate from outside the party structure who is immune to intimidation or incentive and wields support from an unwavering base, without simply reinforcing his “the establishment is out to get me’’ message — the same grievance Mr. Trump used to great effect?

But stopping Mr. Sanders, or at least preventing a contentious convention, could prove difficult for Democrats.

He has enormous financial advantages — already substantially outraising his Democratic rivals — that can sustain a major campaign through the primaries. And he is well-positioned to benefit from a historically large field of candidates that would splinter the vote: If he wins a substantial number of primaries and caucuses and comes in second in others, thanks to his deeply loyal base of voters across many states, he would pick up formidable numbers of delegates for the nomination.

That prospect is not only spooking establishment-aligned Democrats, but it is also creating tensions about what, if anything, should be done to halt Mr. Sanders.
—————————
Hot cha chaaaa!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 07:51 am
Neera Tanden is trending #1. It’s a blood bath.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:05 am
@Olivier5,
1) I never said it was a deciding factor.
2) Trump's wealth management skills are worse than Sanders.
3) I think it does say something about a person's character; making over $300,000/year (according to his tax returns) and not being able to save hardly any of that.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:14 am
@maporsche,
So... what does it says about Sanders' character, according to you?
revelette1

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:20 am
@Lash,
He did really well. Forgive me but I had to check it out. He is impressive on his issues. The trouble is, he and some others seem to all about domestic issues or just basically becoming isolationist. It is why I have always had reservations about Sanders. But he did well on Fox News. He was treated respectfully too.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:22 am
@Olivier5,
Gosh Oliver, perhaps it says if he can't manage his own money how can he be expected to manage the countries? I don't necessarily agree, I haven't given it much thought, as well when you consider our Bankrupt king we have now...
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:23 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

So... what does it says about Sanders' character, according to you?

That I wouldn't trust him to make smart decisions with money. Not his; definitely not mine. See how Trumps personal wealth mismanagement has led to further financial mismanagement in the US?

As president, and with the policy positions he's posited, they are quite expensive. He's released a pipe-dream of 'pay-fors' for those programs; I was suspicious of his ability to enact any of them before (politically) now I don't even know if I can trust that he's got any economic sense around him. Maybe I can...but I'm suspicious.

Who's his campaign economic adviser?
revelette1

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:24 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
If a candidate's wealth management skills are the deciding factor for you, you should vote for Trump

Who went bankrupt how many times? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:28 am
@maporsche,
Thanks for the laugh!
maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:33 am
@Olivier5,
You think it's meaningless that a guy who makes $300,000/year (and over 6 figures equivalents for 40+ years) couldn't manage to save hardly any of that?

You think it nothing?

I don't even know how I'd spend $18,000 per MONTH (after taxes) every single month for decades.

People think Sanders understands what it's like to live like 'normal' people...but what normal person spends money like that?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:56 am
@maporsche,
I think one reads in those tarrot cards whatever one wants to read in them.

I think if he was richer, you would probably accuse him of being corrupt. In fact, you might have done that already.

But primarily, I think that being a good president has zilch to do with being a good little saver. Penny wise, pound foolish.
blatham

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:56 am
Has anyone checked to see whether John Hagee was in Paris this week?