blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 01:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That's a troubling stat, I admit. Really, the Dems have to get better at this sort of thing. When they get up around the GOP record of 54 symbolic (read messaging) votes on repealing Obamacare, I'll consider them in the game.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 01:15 pm
@blatham,
Well, if the President gets to know that he could use twitter ...
But certainly the current never would do so.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 01:18 pm
@blatham,
You are confusing apparently deliberate left wing distortions (or more accurately, selective excerptions) of Trump statements, with the actions of State and Federal legal authorities. Criminal investigations of all of the several groups in the Charleston event were quickly initiated.

This is not at all "irrelevant" to your expressed charge that the President "had excused" such alleged events. Indeed it is the heart of the matter.

The very biased refusal of an Illinois Prosecutor to act on the Grand Jury findings of the Justin Smollett case represents a more obvious miscarriage of judicial procedure than any of the unspecified events to which you are likely referring. Odd that you didn't mention that.

Once again you are confusing actual actions and statements with the vague body of your own preconceptions and beliefs (and those of the many left wing commentators who are the apparent source of your beliefs and prejudices.

If you were to devote just a small portion of the time and effort you give to left wing opinion pieces, instead to inquiries into the facts behind the events and the substance of the issues about which you pontificate so prolifically, your view of the world might become more useful and interesting.
Brand X

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 01:43 pm
@SenGillibrand

'Medicare For All is an ambitious goal. But we also need a plan for how to get there, and I have one: Under my transition plan, we'd create a public option and force insurance companies to compete. That's how we can lower costs and get to universal health care.'
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 02:16 pm
@Brand X,
She hasn’t attracted enough followers to get on the debate stage yet, FYI.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 02:24 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
the actions of State and Federal legal authorities. Criminal investigations of all of the several groups in the Charleston event were quickly initiated.

This is not at all "irrelevant" to your expressed charge that the President "had excused" such alleged events. Indeed it is the heart of the matter.
Such actions have nothing to do with Trump. They follow naturally and properly from the responsibilities of those agencies/authorities.

Quote:
apparently deliberate left wing distortions (or more accurately, selective excerptions) of Trump statements
Find me just one ******* quotation from Trump which specifically indicts the neo-nazis parading in Charleston chanting "Jews will not replace us". Find me a single specific indictment from Trump disclaiming the white nationalism of Bannon, Gorka or Miller.
blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 02:28 pm
Quote:
Practicing a politics of division, [Netanyahu] targets enemies in the press, the academy, and the courts. Increasingly, he finds his global allies in the ever-growing club of the Illiberal International, from the Sunni Arab leaders in his own region to Viktor Orbán, in Hungary; Jair Bolsonaro, in Brazil; and Vladimir Putin, in Russia. He has determined that the world no longer cares very much about the Palestinians or about democratic niceties. He has marginalized the left––even the center-left. The “peace camp” that Benzion loathed now barely exists.

Netanyahu’s paramount interest, though, is self-interest...
New Yorker

And who else might we include in this cast of ugly, anti-democratic characters.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 02:55 pm
@blatham,
Trump is the President and Chief of the Executive branch of our government. You said the has excused extremist attacks on innocent victims. I responded, noting that he had taken no action whatever to stop or delay needed police or judicial action in any of these cases, and that most of the media criticism here involved selectively chosen excerpts from things he has said ( excerpts that created impressions in stark contrast to what he actually did and didn't do). This, of course is a strong indicator of the distortions involved in their (and your) reporting of his words.

I also noted the contrast with the Smollett case in Illinois in which a Democrat Prosecutor did indeed take action to excuse an individual, already indicted by a Grand Jury, and excuse his offenses. That was real.

You appear to be so wrapped up and invested in the talking points you so avidly take up from the many left wing and biased political commentators you frequent, that you continue to lose sight of the reality before you. This, of course, is the common fate of propagandists: they become the principal consumers of their own bile, and soon enough lose sight of the unfolding reality before them. That's a sad outcome, and I believe you have the ability to - and should - do better
blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 03:32 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Trump is the President and Chief of the Executive branch of our government. You said the has excused extremist attacks on innocent victims. I responded, noting that he had taken no action whatever to stop or delay needed police or judicial action in any of these cases,

Trump didn't try to stop investigations at the state, judicial and policing levels. That's your standard for everything a president needs to do in the face of the rise of neo-natzism and white supremacism and anti-Semitism in the US resulting in deaths of innocent US citizens.

Quote:
and that most of the media criticism here involved selectively chosen excerpts from things he has said ( excerpts that created impressions in stark contrast to what he actually did and didn't do). This, of course is a strong indicator of the distortions involved in their (and your) reporting of his words.
I asked for ONE quote from Trump which indicted these groups specifically that would back up what you've just repeated. How silly of me.

I'm just not going to argue with you george when your standards for discussion and evidence are valueless.
blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 04:04 pm
Quote:
Laura 👠Marlin
‏@GiGicmka
ABC reporting that WH has prepared a 200 page response to the Mueller report. Is anyone going to ask them why you need a response to an *exoneration*?

I'd guess this reporting gets it right. And did anyone really imagine the WH PR crowd wouldn't have access to the Mueller report before anyone else?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 05:38 pm
Waleed Shahid
@_waleedshahid
·
6m
Nancy Pelosi: "By and large whatever orientation they came to Congress with, they know we have to hold the center. We have to go down the mainstream."

60 Minutes: "You have these wings.
@AOC and her group on one side..."

Pelosi: "That's like five people."
————————————————-

I never had any doubt that this is who Pelosi is. I wonder if AOC and company are surprised.

We’ll get more of an idea who they are now...
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 06:04 pm
Looks like polisie has become lashes Hillary in this time frame.
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 06:10 pm
@RABEL222,
Jesus ******* Christ, when her name is already spelled for you in the preceding post, USE YOUR RESOURCES!
georgeob1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 06:11 pm
@RABEL222,
Are You referring to Rep. Nancy Pelosi and a poster here named Lash ??
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 06:35 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Trump didn't try to stop investigations at the state, judicial and policing levels. That's your standard for everything a president needs to do in the face of the rise of neo-natzism and white supremacism and anti-Semitism in the US resulting in deaths of innocent US citizens.

He also commented on the likely criminal behavior of Both the White Nationalists, who sponsored the rally, and the ANTIFA protesters who were there to attack them. His words were taken out of context by the MSM media implying he addressed only the latter Party. In either case he made no effort to restrain the ongoing actions of Law enforcement

I have learned to put more reliance on what people do or don't do than their words in determining what they likely think or believe. You are faulting Trump for his misreported words. How do you explain the prolonged silence of Democrat Leaders, including Pelosi and Schumer regarding the protests and violence often attending the attempts by conservative speakers to attend scheduled and authorized events across the country and related organized efforts to silence the free speech on University Campuses across the country ? Indeed many of the protesters have openly expressed their intent to limit free speech, except in "approved free speech areas" on campus. Somehow this breathtaking, organized breech of Constitutional rights has gone unnoticed by them.

blatham wrote:

I asked for ONE quote from Trump which indicted these groups specifically that would back up what you've just repeated. How silly of me.

I'm just not going to argue with you george when your standards for discussion and evidence are valueless.
Trump's words were widely reported (and misreported) by numerous media outlets. Liberal media have an interesting and recent track record of misreporting such events (and getting sued for it) as has also been widely reported. and I'm not going to participate in the little game you play here, but only when you lack any other ideas .
As for the rest: it's a very weak reply.

[/quote]
blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 06:40 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
As for the rest: it's a very weak reply.
Let's continue with our relationship in a year or two.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 04:30 am
@PeteButtigieg

'I just announced I'm running for president of the United States. Join in and donate if you can. It's going to be an amazing ride and I can't wait to be on it with you all the way to the White House: '
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 04:37 am
@TulsiGabbard

'Trump’s criticism of Rep #IlhanOmar is complete hypocrisy. Trump says “WE WILL NEVER FORGET (9/11)!” Yet it is Trump who’s been acting as al-Qaeda’s big brother and protector in Syria, and turned America into the prostitute of AQ's biggest supporter—the Saudis #WeWillNeverForget'
Brand X

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 04:48 am
'Gillibrand now has $10.2 million in cash on hand. She launched an exploratory committee for president in January before announcing her candidacy last month.
Her cash on hand figure puts her in fourth place in the field, behind Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who started April with $28 million remaining in his bank account, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren with $11.2 million and former Maryland congressman John Delaney with nearly $10.6 million.'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/14/politics/gillibrand-first-quarter-fundraising/index.html
Lash

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 05:22 am
@Brand X,
I know she had a big muckity muck at Pfizer to throw a big fundraiser for her. That will matter to a meaningful swath of voters.