revelette1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 08:33 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Linvill, the Clemson researcher, said the Russians saw Sanders as “just a tool.” “He is a wedge to drive into the Democratic Party,” resulting in lower turnout for Clinton, he said

To give awful credit where it is due, Putin has succeeded beyond his probably wildest dreams. I bet he has been laughing his head off since the US has a bankrupt king reality TV star for President.
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 08:34 am
@revelette1,
They know their base runs on hate, and they know how to appeal to it.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 09:25 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Linvill, the Clemson researcher, said the Russians saw Sanders as “just a tool.” “He is a wedge to drive into the Democratic Party,” resulting in lower turnout for Clinton, he said.

So, where you see posts that are clearly meant to foment division on the left, understand the context.

Should readers here apply this principal to your posts as well ?
georgeob1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 09:41 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
We know that the Republicans are going to continue trying to tie this young Muslim woman to terrorism and to the right's anti-Muslim fervor. And they'll continue trying to tie her to AOC and other young Dem congress people. and they'll try to tie them to the Dem party and liberalism. We know as well that they will continue excusing domestic acts of terror directed at Muslims or Jews or blacks because they don't want to lose parts of their voting block.

I'm not aware of any need or effort on Republicans parts to unite Ilhan Omar, AOC or any of the new & highly vocal left wing Democrat Representatives either together or to the Democrat Party, or even to call attention to their sometimes outrageous claims. They are all themselves doing that very well indeed. and without any assistance. except from a Media which eagerly responds to them.

Can you provide any citations or references for "excusing domestic acts of terror , etc" ? Such events have indeed occurred, however law enforcement at both the State and Federal level has been swift and effective. The only act of materially or legally excusing an act of terror of which I'm aware involved a phony, but illegal, effort to fake an anti black/anti gay attack on a prominent TV actor, and it was done by a Democrat prosecutor from Illinois.
revelette1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 10:24 am
@Lash,
Agreed, they knew their target.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 10:52 am
@ggreenwald

'Great to see Sanders pointing out a critical fact: the largest & most influential Dem think tank in DC is funded by large corporations & foreign regimes, and that shapes its ideology. Led by @neeratanden & other Clinton acolytes, it's now using those resources to attack Sanders:'

'WASHINGTON — Senator Bernie Sanders, in a rare and forceful rebuke by a presidential candidate of an influential party ally, has accused a liberal think tank of undermining Democrats’ chances of taking back the White House in 2020 by “using its resources to smear” him and other contenders pushing progressive policies.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/us/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-candidates.html

@kenvogal

'IMPORTANT: This letter is a pretty clear signal from BERNIE SANDERS that he is not going to countenance a repeat of the 2016 primary, when he & his supporters believe the Democratic establishment worked to deny him the party's presidential nomination.'

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5839898-Bernie-Sanders-Letter-Accusing-CAP-of.html
Brand X

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:04 am
@ggreenwald

'Amazing. This was posted almost simultaneously with ThinkProgress releasing a series of hit pieces - including a slickly produced, classic TV negative ad - about Sanders. Even if Neera wants to stick with the fiction that CAP's donors don't shape TP, why doesn't she condemn it?'

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4IL4wQXoAAprfR.png:large
blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:11 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
To give awful credit where it is due, Putin has succeeded beyond his probably wildest dreams. I bet he has been laughing his head off since the US has a bankrupt king reality TV star for President.

For sure. And it will follow that if Putin and his crowd are pleased with what they could achieve in manipulating the US, they'll sure as hell not stop. One clear analogy here is Netanyahu's government. As Bibi said when he thought he wasn't being recorded...
Quote:
I know what America is. America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in our way.

Trump, Netanyahu and Putin are of a type.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:23 am
@Brand X,
The knives are out. I really hate that sold-out neoliberal bitch.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:24 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Should readers here apply this principal to your posts as well ?
That might be the worst analogy you've ever come up with.

On the one hand we have the Russian intelligence agency running a covert propaganda operation knowingly spreading falsehoods via thousands of fake identities over many different social media platforms with the goal of causing division on the left so that Clinton's election might be damaged.

On the other hand there is a Canadian guy you've known for decades forwarding his ideas and/or other legitimate press voices with no intention to deceive anybody and who take care to try and get it right. Am I arguing that Trump and the GOP are now extreme threats to democracy in the US? Obviously.
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:24 am
@Brand X,
Hot damn!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:39 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Can you provide any citations or references for "excusing domestic acts of terror , etc" ?

You gotta be kidding me. Take just the consistent behavior of Trump and his WH to refuse to indict white nationalists and neo-nazis and domestic political violence or sometimes to do so in a pro-forma manner. How many links to what happened in Charleston would you like? Would you read any?
Quote:

Such events have indeed occurred, however law enforcement at both the State and Federal level has been swift and effective.
Irrelevant to the point, for **** sake.
snood

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:41 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Read the link and you'll find out.

Yeah I’m sure she’ll jump at the chance to verify anything positive about a candidate she’s already discarded as disingenuous and corrupt.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 11:49 am
Quote:
Pence Accuses (The Also Christian) Buttigieg Of Attacking His ‘Christian Faith’

Of course he did
Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence accused South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who is
a devout Christian, of attacking his “Christian faith” in the most recent volley between the two Hoosiers over Buttigieg’s sexual orientation and Pence’s anti-LGBTQ beliefs.

“I hope that Pete will offer more to the American people than attacks on my Christian faith or attacks on the President as he seeks the highest office in the land,” Pence told CNN. “He’d do well to reflect on the importance of respecting the freedom of religion of every American.”

Buttigieg responded during an appearance on “Ellen.”

“I’m not critical of his faith; I’m critical of bad policies,” he said. “I don’t have a problem with religion — I’m religious too. I have a problem with religion being used as a justification to harm people and especially in the LGBTQ community.”
TPM
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 12:12 pm
Here's how you slide towards fascist modes of thought and the thing itself
Quote:
In an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” host Chris Wallace asked Sanders whether Trump would “demand that the IRS not turn over his tax returns” or, rather, “live with whatever the IRS decides.”

Sanders responded by repeating an irrelevant line from Trump, saying that as long as the President’s taxes are supposedly under audit, he will not release his returns. (Trump has never shown proof that he is under audit, and even if he is, he can still release his tax returns.)

Wallace pressed: “Will he tell the IRS not to release them though?”

“We’ll have to see what happens on that front,” Sanders replied, not ruling out the possibility.

She added later: “Frankly, Chris, I don’t think Congress, particularly not this group of congressmen and -women, are smart enough to look through the thousands of pages that I would assume that President Trump’s taxes will be.
TPM

No one, who is not an ally of Trump, has a legitimate role or function in investigating Trump's finances. And even if they do have a legit role they can't be permitted to fulfill that role because they aren't smart enough. Tie that in with Trump's continuing denigration of the role of the courts and judges who place constraints on what Trump wants to do and you've got the makings of a state controlled by one body - a Trump/GOP white house.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 12:26 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Of course, revealing Trump's tax returns is to reveal the actual truth of things.

Hacking prominent leftists and revealing any private sex tapes that are discovered is also revealing the actual truth of things.

Leftists really need to learn to mind their own business instead of always rooting around in people's private lives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 12:27 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
WP must have quit allowing you to have 10 free views of their articles or else unknown to me, I somehow used mine up. Hence the APPShare above.

Just open their articles in private browsing/incognito mode (once you have 10 free articles again). No cookies will be stored, and each time you open an article the system will count it as your first viewing of the month.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 12:29 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
On the other hand there is a Canadian guy you've known for decades forwarding his ideas and/or other legitimate press voices

Can you point out anything that you've written that comes from you instead of from some third party somewhere?

blatham wrote:
with no intention to deceive anybody and who take care to try and get it right.

Can you provide an example of you trying to get things right instead of just pushing leftist propaganda regardless of the truth?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 12:31 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
the consistent behavior of Trump and his WH to refuse to indict white nationalists and neo-nazis

Can you cite any examples of them refusing to do so (presuming that a crime has been committed)?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 12:55 pm
One of five votes taken in the Dem controlled house has been on non-binding messaging resolutions. The US House of Representatives, under Democrat control, is becoming a national, leftwing twitter feed.