farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 03:18 am
@Lash,
when can We begin calling Trump "El douche" ?
Lash

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 04:02 am
@farmerman,
Right about now.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 05:40 am

Peter Daou
@peterdaou
·
5m
The Dem leadership should be able to do much better than this.

One of their own is being targeted with brazen, dangerous incitement.

Her name is #IlhanOmar.

EVERY leading Dem candidate and politician should #StandWithIlhan.

NOTHING she said warrants the GOP's actions.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 05:46 am
@mtracey

'Whether it's Trump (whose emotionally-manipulative video clip misrepresenting her 9/11 comment is especially egregious) or Chuck Schumer (who likened her to neo-Nazis), Omar is a convenient bipartisan scapegoat for politicians to deflect from their own hypocrisies and failures'
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 09:48 am
Quote:
Linvill, the Clemson researcher, said the Russians saw Sanders as “just a tool.” “He is a wedge to drive into the Democratic Party,” resulting in lower turnout for Clinton, he said.

So, where you see posts that are clearly meant to foment division on the left, understand the context.
blatham

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 11:36 am
Quote:
Nancy Pelosi: Trump Is ‘Wrong’ to Use Edited 9/11 Footage in ‘Political Attack’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Saturday blasted President Trump, claiming that the commander-in-chief was threatening the safety of Rep. Ilhan Omar, after he tweeted an edited video of 9/11 footage attacking the Minnesota Democrat.

“The memory of 9/11 is sacred ground, and any discussion of it must be done with reverence. The president shouldn’t use the painful images of 9/11 for a political attack,” tweeted Pelosi. “It is wrong for the president, as commander-in-chief, to fan the flames to make anyone less safe.”

Trump’s tweet included video of Omar, at a March 23 fundraising event, talking about the establishment of the Council on American-Islamic Relations after 9/11—before cutting to footage of the terror attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

In Omar’s now-frequently-invoked remarks, the Somali-born U.S. citizen said CAIR was “founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

“Some people did something?” the video asks. “September 11, 2001. We remember.” In his tweet, Trump added: “WE WILL NEVER FORGET!”

On Friday, after Trump’s tweet, several Democrats ran to Omar’s defense, including Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), who wrote on Twitter that her colleague’s life had been put “in danger” after the president’s “explicit attack.”

“For our colleagues to be silent is to be complicit in the outright, dangerous targeting of a member of Congress,” she tweeted. “We must speak out.”

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) also tweeted that Trump was “inciting violence” with his video, and that “it’s disgusting” and “shameful.”

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) added: “Ilhan Omar is a leader with strength and courage. She won't back down to Trump's racism and hate, and neither will we. The disgusting and dangerous attacks against her must end.”
http://bit.ly/2Iwiw0I
Lash

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 11:51 am
Walker Bragman
@WalkerBragman
·
Apr 10
Progressives in the House should just declare war on the party establishment and start naming names. How is it that an overwhelming Democratic majority is still putting out extremely compromised legislation that gives handouts to predatory industries?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 12:08 pm
Progressives should declare war on other democrats and start naming names. Yeah, that’s helpful.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 12:15 pm
Yeah, we should all Lash out at one another. That'll put a Democrat in the White House next year, eh?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 12:20 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4DS2QCUEAAa_vL?format=jpg&name=900x900
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 01:37 pm
An astute observation
Quote:
Molly Crabapple
‏Verified account
@mollycrabapple
You know what was offensive after 9/11? When major Christian evangelical figures said the attacks were God’s punishment to New York for being a city of sluts and queers and pagans

Yet somehow none of those figure lost their careers. I wonder why

We know that the Republicans are going to continue trying to tie this young Muslim woman to terrorism and to the right's anti-Muslim fervor. And they'll continue trying to tie her to AOC and other young Dem congress people. and they'll try to tie them to the Dem party and liberalism. We know as well that they will continue excusing domestic acts of terror directed at Muslims or Jews or blacks because they don't want to lose parts of their voting block. And they definitely don't want to lose the right wing evangelicals no matter how ******* nuts those folks are.
oralloy

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 02:39 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
"The memory of 9/11 is sacred ground, and any discussion of it must be done with reverence. The president shouldn't use the painful images of 9/11 for a political attack," tweeted Pelosi. "It is wrong for the president, as commander-in-chief, to fan the flames to make anyone less safe."

Leftist phony outrage is so silly.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 03:29 pm
@oralloy,
Rightist phoney facts are even sillier.
oralloy

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2019 03:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Feel free to try to point out errors in my posts.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 05:40 am
I love this one
Quote:
Mnuchin Implies Dems Trying To ‘Weaponize’ IRS Against Trump With Tax Return Request
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin on Saturday implied House Democrats have tried to “weaponize” the IRS against President Donald Trump by requesting his and several of his business’ tax returns.

["T]he implication of this is way beyond in my mind a congressional oversight issue, and a president issue,” Mnuchin said on the sidelines of the spring meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, as quoted by Reuters. “I feel a responsibility that we get this right and that the IRS does not become weaponized like it was under the Nixon administration.”
TPM

Of course, revealing Trump's tax returns is to reveal the actual truth of things.
blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 06:50 am
Quote:
Sen. Kamala D. Harris releases tax returns showing nearly $1.9 million in household income in 2018
WP

As with Sanders, such income or wealth does not, in and of itself, disqualify any candidate.
Lash

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 07:02 am
@blatham,
Sanders wrote a bestseller to earn his; how did she earn hers? People like to know those details. Not a gotcha—I just don’t know.
blatham

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 07:04 am
@Lash,
Read the link and you'll find out.
revelette1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 08:25 am
@Lash,
Quote:
The documents span the entirety of Harris' career in elected office, from her $142,000 salary as San Francisco district attorney in 2004 to her current post as U.S. senator.

Harris and her husband, Los Angeles-based attorney Douglas Emhoff, jointly reported more than $2 million in income last year, for which they paid nearly $700,000 in taxes.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBVUPvz?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

In case you don't have a subscription. WP must have quit allowing you to have 10 free views of their articles or else unknown to me, I somehow used mine up. Hence the APPShare above.
revelette1

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 08:27 am
@blatham,
An astute observation

Quote:
You know what was offensive after 9/11? When major Christian evangelical figures said the attacks were God’s punishment to New York for being a city of sluts and queers and pagans

Sure is.