Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 02:38 pm

Amir
@AmirAminiMD
·
1h
How is this possible? How can a political system bought and paid for by dictators and billionaires, crack down on independent journalism in this manner, in broad daylight, and call itself a democracy with a straight face?
Julian Assange’s arrest today is the empire striking back.
oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 02:46 pm
@Lash,
Rape is a crime. It is proper that the government of Sweden tries to prosecute rapists.

Hacking is is crime. It is proper that the US government tries to prosecute hackers.
Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 02:57 pm
@oralloy,
He didn’t rape anybody.

Mass murder of innocent people in other countries is illegal even when it’s done by presidents. If my tax dollars pay for it, I deserve to know the truth when my president lies about it.

Whistleblowers deserve safety when they provide evidence to the people that their ‘leaders’ are murdering and lying about it.
oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 03:01 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
He didn't rape anybody.

There are a pair of rape victims in Sweden who beg to differ.

Lash wrote:
Mass murder of innocent people in other countries is illegal even when it's done by presidents. If my tax dollars pay for it, I deserve to know the truth when my president lies about it.
Whistleblowers deserve safety when they provide evidence to the people that their 'leaders' are murdering and lying about it.

The US has not committed any mass murders. Or any murders at all for that matter. And Assange has certainly not exposed anything of the sort.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 04:30 pm
@TulsiGabbard

'The arrest of #JulianAssange is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price.'
oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 04:40 pm
@Brand X,
Well, yes. We have laws. People shouldn't violate them.

Chelsea Manning is back in jail too.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 04:46 pm
Gentleman Jon Snow
@jvgraz
·
54m
"If you did nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about" is the cry of every nascent fascist. What they really mean is "we decide who's 'wrong', so we have nothing to worry about".
oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 04:57 pm
@Lash,
That would make the left nascent fascists for endlessly persecuting the Trump Administration.
blatham

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:16 pm
Quote:
Ohio Governor Signs Severely Anti-Abortion Fetal Heartbeat Bill Into Law

A bill imposing one of the most stringent abortion restrictions in the nation was signed into law in Ohio.

Republican Gov. Mike DeWine signed the heartbeat bill Thursday, breaking with his predecessor, Republican John Kasich, who had vetoed the measure twice.

Ohio’s closely divided politics had slowed the progress of the bill as it has caught momentum elsewhere, forcing years of debate in the state where the bill originated.

“Victory!” exclaimed Faith2Action, the Ohio-based anti-abortion group that originated the heartbeat concept in 2010.

DeWine’s action came a day after the latest version of the bill, which outlaws abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected, cleared the Republican-controlled Legislature. Doctors say a fetal heartbeat can be detected using transvaginal ultrasound technology as early as five weeks into pregnancy, before many women know they are pregnant.
TPM

As I noted earlier - no difference between the GOP and the Dems. Both just the same. Elect one or elect the other - same consequences for your rights and liberties.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:26 pm
@oralloy,
I’ll probably not agree with you on one other thing, but that trump was spied on by our own agencies (if I have any instincts at all) and set up to appear that he colluded with Russia to detract from the undeniable truth that the DNC colluded with the Clinton campaign to throw the election.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:28 pm
Draining The Swamp Notes from all over
Quote:
Senate Confirms Former Oil, Gas Lobbyist David Bernhardt To Lead Interior
TPM This guy's career has been in law as a lobbyist for the fossil fuel industries and other corporate entities like Halliburton.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:45 pm
How cool is this? More support for the notion that both parties are the same.
Quote:
Kathryn Kranhold reports on the major companies like Netflix, Amazon, Chevron, and Eli Lilly that had huge profits last year but were able to pay no federal taxes thanks to the Republican tax cut of 2017.
Center for Public Integrity

h/t Paul Waldman
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:48 pm
Quote:
Elizabeth Warren proposes a Real Corporate Profits Tax, taxing corporations based on the profits they report to shareholders, not on what they claim to have made once all the loopholes are exploited.

LINK
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:54 pm
Quote:

.... trump was spied on by our own agencies (if I have any instincts at all) and set up to appear that he colluded with Russia to detract from the undeniable truth that the DNC colluded with the Clinton campaign to throw the election.

I just had to show this again.

Did ya get that, you damn sheeple so-called Democrats on A2K? Trump was wronged by the US intelligence community! In cahoots with Hillary, the Russia hoax was all a ruse (indictments and convictions and all!) to rig the election!

And you know it’s true because Lash’s instincts.
Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:55 pm
snood wrote:

Quote:

.... trump was spied on by our own agencies (if I have any instincts at all) and set up to appear that he colluded with Russia to detract from the undeniable truth that the DNC colluded with the Clinton campaign to throw the election.

I just had to show this again.

Did ya get that, you damn sheeple so-called Democrats on A2K? Trump was wronged by the US intelligence community! In cahoots with Hillary, the Russia hoax was all a ruse (indictments and convictions and all!) to rig the election!

And you know it’s true because Lash’s instincts!

Let’s track the facts, shall we?

Let’s start with with Steele Dossier. Who requested it, who paid for it, who investigated it, and who delivered it.
blatham

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:16 pm
@snood,
Very believable progressive, Ms Lash.
Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:25 pm
@blatham,
Most progressives recognize the farcical Russia Russia Russia narrative for what it was.

Your primary problem is you don’t know what a progressive is.

Here is who they trust for news and what they believe. There are millions of us and we are coming after you bullshitters and your lying candidates.

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/25/watch-a-contentious-constructive-debate-on-the-media-and-political-humiliation-from-the-mueller-report/

At least know what progressives think if you’re going to act like you know who we are.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:57 pm
Blatham and anyone else who doesn’t get progressivism in 2029 America, listen up.

One four year die hard.

Yusuf
@yusuf_VI
·
1h
People think of me as a bootlicker because I defend Bernie for his bad stances or silence on reparations, BDS, FOSTA/SESTA, Russiagate, Assange and more. I've lost followers over such issues. I don't care. I've waited my entire life to vote for a President who will fight poverty.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:58 pm
Real progressives.

Tim Canova
@Tim_Canova
·
13h
Julian Assange now in police custody in London, persecuted for publishing leaks of official corruption & war crimes, smeared with lies by US intel liars. 1st Amendment is supposed to protect publishers & press freedoms, but it’s no match for deep state criminals. Welcome to 1984
Lash

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:59 pm
Real progressives.

Tulsi Gabbard
@TulsiGabbard
·
1h
The purpose of arresting #JulianAssange is to send a message to the people, especially journalists, to be quiet and don’t get out of line. If we, the people, allow the government to control us through fear, we are no longer free, we are no longer America.