Lash

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 11:56 am
@Brand X,
It’s going to get a lot worse; I just hope he stays safe. His die-hards aren’t going anywhere for any reason.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:19 pm
Little mystery why Netanyahu, Putin and Trump get on
Quote:
Jake Blumgart
‏ @jblumgart
"Mr. Netanyahu is now almost certain to try to extract a deal from his coalition partners to pass a law retroactively granting him immunity from prosecution."
11:03 AM - 10 Apr 2019 https://nyti.ms/2GeRk5l
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:26 pm
@snood,
Omar and AOC are receiving death threats too.
nimh

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:33 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

He goes way back.

He gets credit for having made the best election ad ever, in any case..

blatham

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:40 pm
@nimh,
I'd never seen that. It's wonderful.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:44 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

That's interesting data. Is there someone or site compiling it?

It's true that they went after Obama with obscene fury. That'd be hard to top...

The Secret Service keeps track of any and all threats against the president. It's not routinely published like the stock market figures. Also the FBI keeps up with internal threats and works with the Secret Service.

I suppose the Secret Service might declassify info on previous administrations, but I haven't checked their website to verify this.
Lash

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:46 pm
@Brand X,
Omar’s are significant.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 01:30 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

That's interesting data. Is there someone or site compiling it?

It's true that they went after Obama with obscene fury. That'd be hard to top...

The Secret Service keeps track of any and all threats against the president. It's not routinely published like the stock market figures. Also the FBI keeps up with internal threats and works with the Secret Service.

I suppose the Secret Service might declassify info on previous administrations, but I haven't checked their website to verify this.

I’ve checked, they don’t. There’s a book saying the number of threats increased by a factor of 4 under Obama. According to the wiki article I saw, the Secret Service version is that there was not significantly more death threats targeted at Obama than at Bush Junior (it’s in the tens per day on average...); but as you said they keep quiet about these things, and for good reasons...
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 03:21 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
SEN. BERNIE SANDERS, who could be the first Jewish president of the United States two years from now, is currently the target of a pressure campaign on Facebook paid for by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the pro-Israel lobbying group known as AIPAC.
The sponsored post urges Facebook users to add their names to an online petition telling Sanders that "America stands with Israel."

I wish them luck in their campaign, but Sanders' hatred for Israel runs pretty deep. It won't be easy to turn Sanders from his path of hate.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:07 pm
@blatham,
Just how friggin' long is this alleged audit going to last? It would seem that if there actuality is/was an audit, these would have to be some of the most inept twits whatever existed. The 3 stooges would have wrapped it up already (then again maybe they were all CPAs when not filming, so possibly a bad comparison).

In fact, I doubt there is or ever was an audit.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I've checked, they don't.

The information is classified, this means you likely are not going to find a listing of all the individual threats.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:15 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Omar's are significant.

How do I explain this for you? Might as well spell it out for you...

ALL threats are significant.
Lash

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:18 pm
@Sturgis,
How can I explain this to you? Omar’s numbers of death threats from the demographic of people who pull off actual murders are high, religious and anti-Muslim sentiment which is rife in this country is driving threats against her, and she has been warned.

She has graffiti in her neighborhood, calling for her death.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:24 pm
@Lash,
It does not in any way shape or form change the fact that all threats are significant!

A person might have only one threat made to them; yet, if they are attacked and killed it was just as significant against any threat made against a person with a million threats.

Your lack of reading comprehension skills makes me wonder what box of biscuits you got your English Teacher's degree (if in fact you even did).
Brand X

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:25 pm
Tulsi has qualified to be on the debate stage.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/
Lash

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:28 pm
@Sturgis,
Sorry to see you’re so far from who I thought you were.

When the Secret Service checks out the volume and tenor of threats, they allocate resources based on that.

Ignoring you.
Lash

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:30 pm
@Brand X,
This ratchets up excitement for debates!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:35 pm
New York resident, Patrick Carlineo, was arrested for allegedly making death threats against Rep. Ilhan Omar, according to a press release from the US.Attorney’s office.

Carlineo, 55, allegedly called Omar's office on March 21, asking her staff member who answered the call, “Do you work for the Muslim Brotherhood?,” according to a press release.

“Why are you working for her, she’s a (expletive). I’ll put a bullet in her (expletive) skull,” Carlineo threatened.

Carlineo even took the time to give the staffer his name and contact information.

Omar’s office staff alerted the Police, who investigated the case with the FBI.

Carlineo, who was charged with threatening to assault and murder a United States official, made his first court appearance Friday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Ilhan-Omar-receives-life-threats-from-New-York-citizen-arrested-by-FBI-585927/amp
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:37 pm
@Lash,
Not only are they taking fire from the outside.... you have Pelosi trying to knee-cap them from the inside.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:48 pm
@NateSilver538

'FWIW, my current thinking on the tiers in the Democratic primary, in terms of likelihood of winning the nomination. This is very rough, obviously:

Tier 1a: Harris, Biden
Tier 1b: Bernie, Beto, Buttigieg, Warren
Tier 2: Booker, Klobuchar'