edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2019 11:01 pm
When I post to point out the shortcomings of establishment candidates, it is seen by their supporters as bashing. It's not intended as a gratuitous attack. If you close your eyes to the facts you are the ones betraying our system, not I. I will continue to post what seems to me to be relevant.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2019 11:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree AOC would be a vast improvement on the current situation. However she is technically too young to be elligeable in 2020. She would be able to run in 2024 i think, more probably 2028 if she's still around by then.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2019 11:50 pm
Attacking anyone on the left in an obsessive, character-assassination, ad hominem manner should be unacceptable for anyone on the left. That includes Sanders. If you disagree with his policy prescriptions, explain which ones and why.

The enemy is Trump. Anyone spreading acid on the left is his objective ally.
Lash

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 02:50 am
@Setanta,
Bernie Sanders is the only candidate with legitimate, time-proved liberal credentials.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 03:08 am
@Setanta,
He’s going....

to be president. And desperately needed by the majority of Americans.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 04:24 am
Reality is slowly chinking away at the MSM armor.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/msnbcs-morning-joe-says-media-overlooking-clear-democratic-frontrunner/

Bernie is the perennially underestimated front runner, says that goofy slime ball with the weirdo wife.

Even a broken clock....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 05:38 am
@Olivier5,
I already mentioned I was being facetious.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 05:39 am
To stifle the truth is to be another Trump.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 06:20 am
@edgarblythe,
Sorry.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 06:26 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I will continue to post what seems to me to be relevant.
I think all of us should.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 06:30 am
@blatham,
No argument there. All I ask is respectful interactions. When the poster gets attacked instead of said poster's message, I discount any argument the attacking one tries to make.
maporsche

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 06:31 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

No argument there. All I ask is respectful interactions. When the poster gets attacked instead of said poster's message, I discount any argument the attacking one tries to make.

In light of recent personal attacks by the author of these words, one can only laugh out loud at this post.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 06:41 am
Here’s something relevant
Excerpt:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ca7b156e4b0dca033015554/amp?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004&__twitter_impression=true

Me Too Founder Tarana Burke Calls Biden's Response 'Disrespectful And Inexcusable'

The activist broke down what was wrong with the former vice president's response to allegations he subjected several women to unwanted touching.
By Lydia O'Connor
04/05/2019 06:52 PM ET

Tarana Burke, founder of the Me Too movement, spoke out Friday in support of the women who have come forward to accuse Joe Biden of inappropriate behavior, calling out the former vice president’s joking response to the scandal as “disrespectful and inexcusable.”

In a Twitter thread, Burke argued that the seven women who say they received unwanted physical contact from Biden were right to speak up and that the likely 2020 contender appears be deeply missing the point they are trying to make.

“It’s about bodily autonomy, it’s about power and leadership,” wrote Burke, who first started using the phrase “Me Too” to raise awareness about the pervasiveness of sexual misconduct in 2006.

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 07:04 am
@Lash,
She's exactly right even if the infractions are relatively minor (in Biden's case as contrasted with the extremity of Trump's infractions). We have to change our cultural notions regarding what is "natural" in these gender matters otherwise we axiomatically grant men's notions as superior to women's notions.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 07:25 am
EB here complains about what might be described as "business as usual." But criticizing other Democrats, just because they're not Sanders is also business as usual. Try convincing others that Sanders' programs are achievable, and that he is electable. Try sounding positive. Whining about the Democratic nomination process doesn't help, either. Warts and all, the Democratic Party is the only hope for us all in the fight against the corporate greed which the Republicans represent.
Lash

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 07:26 am
@Setanta,
Establishment democrats also represent corporate greed.
Setanta

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 07:28 am
Ah yes, Lash always represents the power of positive thinking. I look on her posts here as being as relevant to progressives as anything coldjoint posts.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 07:42 am
@Olivier5,
Maybe I’m blind to it, but I don’t see anyone (from the left) attacking Sanders in the way you describe.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 08:03 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Re: Setanta (Post 6821510)
Establishment democrats also represent corporate greed.
Do you know of a government somewhere which does not include business as a necessary component of modern society?
revelette1

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 08:17 am
A 2016 hangover: Some Bernie Sanders supporters still upset