RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 03:13 pm
@blatham,
The report isent all in yet. The grand jury is still in session and receiving information.
maporsche

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 03:22 pm
@revelette1,
Well, I just donated $5 to him. Hopefully this attack by republicans can be used as a fundraiser to show support.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 03:42 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Well, I hope Schiff gets the support of democrats. We (as in democrats) have a nasty habit of going after our own rather than standing up for our fellow democrats when they need it.

Yes. Witness Al Franken.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 04:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
The grand jury is still in session and receiving information.

And Christmas is right around the corner. More fail.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 04:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Understood.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 04:48 pm
@snood,
Quote:
revelette1 wrote:

Well, I hope Schiff gets the support of democrats

I think that's a dead certainty.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 06:13 pm
I'm just now watching "On the Basis of Sex", a film based on the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I don't know how closely the script matches her life but I'm assuming the most important stuff is accurate.

It really is an incredible story about an incredible woman. Highly recommended.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 06:23 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It just dawned on me that there's another reason why the right is so frightened of AOC. I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't think of this earlier. Eric Levitz has a helpful piece up on the age of Trump's base...
Quote:
In 2016, Donald Trump commanded the support of only 28 percent of voters under 30, according to Pew Research. His disapproval rating among Americans under 35 currently hovers around 70 percent. And millennials’ antipathy for our Republican president isn’t personal; the Fox News grandpa-in-chief might be especially unappealing to the rising generation, but the kids don’t have much use for the GOP’s kinder, gentler reactionaries, either. Less than 30 percent of millennials wanted Republicans to retain control of Congress last year. And in broader measures of generational opinion, both millennials and Gen-Zers evince higher levels of support for liberal ideological premises and policy proposals than any older cohorts.
NYMag.....

This is sadly typical of your propaganda. Instead of adding some substantive comments or observations of your own on the subject at hand, you resort to posting prefabricated comments from the committed liberal sources you scour so assiduously. You are merely a parrot for the advocacy (most of it propaganda) of liberal commentators.
Apart from calling Republicans "evil" and "in need of extermination" from the voters, or "out of touch" with "luminary intellectual observers" (sic) such as AOC, you really do have very little indeed to offer readers of this thread.

Somehow you have come to claim a form of leadership over a small circle of rather slavish followers, perhaps in search of the positive feedback you dole out in response to their affirmation. I find that a bit pathetic on both sides.

The truth about politics here and in other countries is that it is a struggle for political power among seekers who generally want it above all other things. None of these seekers has an absolute hold on either enduring truth or virtue: the essential virtue of democracy is that the people (as opposed to self-appointed elites) get to choose among these contenders, based on their perceptions of just what is needed here and now - never mind their vacuous claims for the superiority of their favored political philosophy. That, indeed, is the very essence of democracy.

The vendors of supposed eternal truths regarding the governance of real human beings are, for the most part, peddling illusions. The enduring truths are individual freedom, limited government, separation of powers, and the checks and balances that limit the many destructive excesses of governments (and their leaders) that fill the pages of human history - across the world.

People here and everywhere can and should think for themselves and critically examine the promises of those self appointed elites who believe they alone know what's good for everyone else. Ordinary human beings are very adept at determining just what is in their short term and enduring self interest. (That's why follies such as Obama care fail of their own internal contradictions. It turned out that the "stupid" common people, whom Prof. Jonathan Gruber so scornfully derided, were very adept at detecting and rejecting the follies of his Obamacare creation and instead acting in their own lawful self interest.)

The cacophony of contemporary political discourse provides ample evidence of these truths. Instead of the vague promises of this or that abstraction, whether involving the currently fashionable group values or other vague, untested promises of future good, we should judge candidates based on the concrete details of things, actually capable of implantation, they promise to do in their term of office.

Blatham offers nothing at all, either original or quoted, to address these critical issues.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:20 pm
@georgeob1,
It's always so uplifting reading your posts, George. What a guy.
blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:26 pm
@georgeob1,
Well. I guess this means you're not going to let me take your daughter to the drive-in?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Well thank you for your (insincere) comment. The message above is indeed an uplifting commentary on the virtues of our democracy and the elementary wisdom of ordinary people, concerned about their welfare.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:33 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The message above is indeed an uplifting commentary on the virtues of our democracy and the elementary wisdom of ordinary people, concerned about their welfare.

USA
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:42 pm
@georgeob1,
Well, there's plenty more where that came from George....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:43 pm
Here's a piece on the man who has done more for Puerto Rico than anyone who has ever lived.
Quote:
Trump casts himself as the best friend Puerto Rico’s ever had as feud with its leaders escalates
The inadequate response to Hurricane Maria and the funding cuts Trump has sought since have Puerto Rico's governor clamoring for statehood.
TP

Mind you, it is only mere chance that in making Puerto Rico's continued suffering all about him. We certainly would be going out on a limb to claim he's a pathological narcissist. That he does this all the time, another mere coincidence. He's a great man. One of the smartest men on earth. Great mind.
blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:47 pm
I love these passionate christian-types at the NRA
Quote:
The day after a shooter killed 17 students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, a National Rifle Association officer sent a message from his official email to an Infowars writer known for harassing parents of children killed at Sandy Hook. According to emails obtained by HuffPost, NRA training instructor and program coordinator Mark Richardson contacted Wolfgang Halbig – who has made several trips to Newtown, Connecticut to self-investigate the 2012 shooting where 20 children and six adults were fatally shot – to pitch the Infowars contributor a potential conspiracy theory about the attack in Florida.
NYMag
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 07:52 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
he's a pathological narcissist

The MSM helped Obama with his pathological narcissist moments. Trump has to do it himself.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 09:35 pm
Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard
‏Verified account
@TulsiGabbard
Mueller reported Trump did not collude with Russia to influence our elections. Now we must put aside partisan interests, move forward, and work to unite our country to deal with the serious challenges we face.

Not very bright, this one.
Brand X

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 03:45 am
@blatham,
blatham posted:

Tulsi Gabbard
‏Verified account
@TulsiGabbard
Mueller reported Trump did not collude with Russia to influence our elections. Now we must put aside partisan interests, move forward, and work to unite our country to deal with the serious challenges we face.

Not very bright, this one.

blatham said:

Attacking Dem candidates again. Such a surprise. I'm just the best darned progressive ever. It's why everyone trusts me. Fixed.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 04:34 am
This is a must-read
Quote:
GOP Gears Up For Battle As Dems Aim To Eradicate Partisan Gerrymandering
TPM
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 04:45 am
Quote:
President Donald Trump feels vindicated. And now he’s out for blood.

Wearing the same red tie he wore on Inauguration Day, Trump took the stage in Michigan on Thursday for the first time since being cleared of Russian conspiracy charges and proceeded to tear through a vengeance-laced speech that felt as much like a second inaugural as it did a campaign rally.

One by one in front of a packed audience, Trump ticked through those who he felt wronged him over the 22-month Russia probe that dogged his presidency — from lawmakers to television pundits — egging the adoring crowd on as it chanted, “Lock them up.” And he expressed sympathy for those caught up in the probe, describing them as “innocent” individuals badly damaged by “an elaborate hoax,” amid speculation that he will pardon former aides facing Mueller-related prison time...
Politico

Cheers, flags and banners, "sieg heil, sieg heil, sieg heil"