blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 11:01 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
People set to trash Bernie are setting themselves up for prolonged conservative rule and oligarchy.
Anybody in any campaign who trashes another candidate is doing that. Don't you think?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 11:02 am
@blatham,
Quote:
America's "proper" international role

That is America's decision, not some blowhole with a degree that has nothing to do with the global realities.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 11:03 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I know for a fact that most of them are directed by their owners.
No you don't. We've been through this before.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 11:15 am
Quote:
President Donald Trump repeated his (rebutted) claim that he doesn’t know George Conway on Wednesday, calling him a “whack job” who is doing a “tremendous disservice” to his wife, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.

“He’s a whack job. There’s no question about it, but I really don’t know him,” Trump told reporters outside the White House before leaving for Ohio. “I think he’s doing a tremendous disservice to a wonderful wife.”

“Kellyanne is a wonderful woman, and I call him Mr. Kellyanne,” Trump added, doubling down on calling George Conway by his wife’s name, which Trump seems to think is an insult.
TPM

Sociopath.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 11:44 am
@revelette1,
Yes to that. Lash and Ed couldn't love Bernie enough when he was running against Hillary, and yet they dropped him like a turd as soon as the primaries were over and he started campaigning for Hillary. Odd that...

And now of course they rediscover Bernie Sanders as nothing short of heroic... until such a time they find it more convenient to betray him again. They re "fair weather Bernites".
blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 11:49 am
An excellent piece by Steve Benen on the many times Trump has denounced the Electoral College before suddenly changing his mind in the last day or two
Quote:
Around the time of Barack Obama’s re-election campaign in 2012, which the incumbent president won with relative ease, one of his high-profile hecklers denounced the system that helped keep the Democrat in office. “The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy,” Donald Trump declared on Nov. 6, 2012...
Much more at link. Trump followers, probably 95% of them, and right wing media will conveniently disregard all this.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 11:52 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Lash and Ed couldn't love Bernie enough when he was running against Hillary, and yet they dropped him like a turd as soon as the primaries were over and he started campaigning for Hillary.
I wasn't on the site then but I would guess that's not correct. But even if so, it wouldn't be any sort of betrayal of principle. We would expect all the candidates to get behind the eventual winner.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 12:40 pm
@Olivier5,
Neither of them "dropped" Bernie Sanders in the way you are implying.
When Sanders put his support behind Hillary, they and many others looked to other candidates that they would support.. If I recall correctly, edgar joined the Jill Stein camp.

It would be rather hard to continue supporting and pushing Sanders for President at the time since he had gracefully bowed out of the race and ceded to Clinton.. If a different candidate ends up being the nominee this to round, he will likely back them.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 02:13 pm
@Olivier5,
They didn't drop him, but they were mighty disappointed in him and both expressed it at the time.

This is where the trouble for the left and established democrats come in and the big gift to the republicans come in. No matter who is left standing in the democrat ticket, if we want to advance leftist ideas, we got to vote for whoever is left standing in the winning democrat ticket. A third protest vote ain't nothing but a gift to republicans. If you're going to do it, at least be honest enough to own up to throwing net votes the republican way.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 03:36 pm
@blatham,
I was there. I was (still am) a Bernie fan. I totally supported him, all the way. He was evidently better than Clinton, but he also knew that Trump was immensely worse than Clinton. So he did what he had to do for the greater good, he campaigned for her, as he had promissed he would if he lost the primaries. This guy Bernie, he's no joker.

Some people adopt a politician for one season, when it suits them, and abandon him the next, out of convenience. Bernie deserves better than that.
blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:14 pm
I gather that Brazille has been offered a ton of money to sign on with Fox. She's smart enough to know that Fox uses non-right wing personnel to present an image of balance. Which makes her a ridiculous, greedy twit.

PS... I'm guessing this hire was motivated by Jane Mayer's reporting on Fox as a propaganda operation and the responses that it stimulated, responses that Fox does NOT want to see continuing or expanding.
Lash

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:18 pm
@blatham,
When I saw this news, I imagined she must be persona non grata among all other news sources—maybe running out of funds to support that DNC lifestyle...
blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:27 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
to support that DNC lifestyle...
Do you know another language besides Slimish"?

blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:31 pm
Quote:
Jeet Heer
‏Verified account
@HeerJeet
There hasn't been a ruler this obsessed with a dead guy since Macbeth.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:45 pm
Good for Beto
Quote:
The Intercept
‏Verified account
@theintercept
Beto O’Rourke slams Benjamin Netanyahu, saying Israeli has “openly sided with racists” https://interc.pt/2U1GPKd by @RobertMackey
Lash

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 04:52 pm
@blatham,
It.is.true.
Brand X

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 05:02 pm
Tulsi has:

40,546 unique donors.
200 donors from 20 different states.

Needs:

24,454 more unique donors by May 15 to be on stage.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 05:03 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Good for Beto

Back to the spam, huh? Beto will say anything he is told to.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 05:11 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Tulsi has:

40,546 unique donors.
200 donors from 20 different states.

Needs:

24,454 more unique donors by May 15 to be on stage.

I just gave her a $1 donation from Illinois.
0 Replies