maporsche

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 09:44 am
@snood,
Huge red herring.

No one did that as far as I was reading.

Some people (maybe not Edgar) just have a persecution complex. They always think they’re being attacked personally.
blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 09:44 am
@snood,
That's a fine response. It's tricky. "Appropriation" is often done out of respect (Paul Simon's work with Black Mambazo or Ry Cooder's project with Cuban musicians) and with a desire to spread such relatively unknown art to a broader audience. And I certainly have no problem whatsoever if, say, a band from Peru does a Cole Porter or Beatles song. I'm pretty easy-going on this stuff generally but I recognize the possibility I might not properly appreciate some aspect of some specific cases because I have very beautiful blue eyes.
blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 09:48 am
@edgarblythe,
I'd like to talk with you about some stuff in your post but I understand your need to get on with the writing. Could I put a couple of questions to you here or via message which at your convenience you can respond?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 09:57 am
Its amazing to me that a democrat who has been a democrat all their life would be backed by the democratic party. Everyone knows when a nondemocrat like Bernie decides to run for president using the democrats as a vehicle for his race all us democrats are supposed to abandon the democrats who have been working for us and fall into line behind those who are so much more intelligent than us and back their candidate. Don't think, just fall in line. Sound familiar?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 09:58 am
@hightor,
This immediately caught my attention in Lash's post
Quote:
brought AOC into the corporate fold

This is exactly the device that the right will push into left voter dialogue to discredit this lady who they clearly see as a danger and to sew discord on the left in order to dampen enthusiasm.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:01 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You can't hold it against Warren for mistaken ancestry, when she was likely fed the information the same way I was.

I said this a few pages ago:

"It's perfectly fine to say you identify with any ethnic group you wish. It's fine to feel empathy for the culture of some distant ancestor. But putting it on an application for a position reserved for people of that ethnicity is either dishonest, naïve, or retarded."

Does anyone need it to be explained to them that positions and slots geared toward minorities are for the purpose of helping members of minorities overcome discrimination and social prejudice? I don't recall Sen.Warren describing the poverty or racial discrimination she experienced as a child because she had some small fraction of native american ancestry.

I don't think this disqualifies her. As I've said before, this is a rather juvenile USAmerican trait. How many times I've heard people claiming to be "¼ Irish, ⅛ German, ⅛ Polish, and ½ American" — usually when intoxicated. It's harmless prattle. Sen. Warren just took it a little too far.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:03 am
@revelette1,
If you believe you are Indian you write "Indian."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:05 am
The superdelegate issue is not dead. Dream on.
blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Warren has my sympathy on the "Indian issue." My mother used to proudly tell me about my Native American heritage. I boasted of it many times for nearly seventy years. Turns out, she was misinformed and we are 100% European. You can't hold it against Warren for mistaken ancestry, when she was likely fed the information the same way I was.
That is so close to my own case (which I've written about previously). But I certainly disagree with you in your claim that she's a corporatist. That crowd (bankers, oligarchs, Wall Street) hates her guts.

Again, let's acknowledge that the right's propaganda trick re Warren will be to discredit her anti-corporate bona fides. They do this all the time.
1) ascertain an opposition candidate's specific appeal to potential voters/supporters
2) wage broad and sustained campaigns to discredit that individual on precisely the points of appeal that make that candidate a danger.
snood

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:12 am
I don’t hold mistaken ancestry against Warren. She was asked in recent years whether she had ever tried to use it to further her career. She lied when she denied it. Claiming native ancestry on a law school application was an attempt to capitalize on it. Lying about it compounds it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:14 am
@edgarblythe,
Roger. You have no way of knowing whether this is legitimate or a dirty trick.

I guess I ought to add here that it won't just be the GOP and those working for them who spread false information via such social media accounts. The Russians are going to be hot and heavy playing this game too.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:17 am
@hightor,
Yes and yes again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:18 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Huge red herring.

Some people (maybe not Edgar) just have a persecution complex. They always think they’re being attacked personally.

Personal, not issue related. **** it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:22 am
@blatham,
Warren is not strong on health care. She takes corporate money. As I said, she is a mix of both. I don't recall her positions re war or changing Venezuela's government at the moment. I don't have good immediate recall.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:32 am

If any don't know this story, attend to it. As a Wired reporter revealed after a little digging, the Clintons4McCain domain name was registered by the RNC The people you see in this video pretending to be Hillary supporters are Republicans on a project to disaffect Dem or non-aligned voters.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:40 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The superdelegate issue is not dead. Dream on.

Honestly, how do you figure?

They CAN NOT vote for a candidate in the first voting round.
They CAN NOT vote for a candidate in the first voting round.

No primary since this process was implemented as gone past the first voting round.
No primary since this process was implemented as gone past the first voting round.

I said it twice so that it would be clear.

Now, if you can take a break from your writing to think on this; please tell me how superdelegates (of which AOC, Omar, etc are now ones), can throw the election for someone else.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:44 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Huge red herring.

You brought it up, and no one can find anywhere anyone accused you of being racist or misogynist.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:45 am
We have enough reason to not support Clinton without watching videos like that. She's much like Cheney on foreign policy, makes millions if not billions being a corporatist beholden to huge donors, does not want us to have medicare for all - It's a long list. But of course, I hate mainstream Democrats and dearly want to smear their innocent benevolent asses, right?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:47 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Huge red herring.

When you and Maporsche abandon the passive aggressive responses I
will engage you again in future. Not until.

maporsche

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Here.

https://able2know.org/topic/468987-196#post-6794008
0 Replies