maporsche

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:55 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

On the personal, as regards Harris, I can't be successfully accused of a racist decision, or a misogynist position, as I have voted for people of color when good candidates came along, including Jesse Jackson and Obama. My favorite politicians on the scene just now are AOC and her sisters in the house. At one time I held out for Clinton when everybody told me to go with Barak. So, let's leave the personal out of it.

Personal, not issue related. **** it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:57 am
I put Maporsche back on ignore. Never again.
revelette1

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:57 am
@blatham,
Quote:
because I have very beautiful blue eyes.
Smile You're always good for a smile.
maporsche

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:00 am
@edgarblythe,
Wow. Just wow.

Don't worry edgar. I'll still counter all of your crappy arguments.

You NEVER engaged in a thoughtful conversation anyway, so no loss there for me. You basically ignore all comments that even begin to challenge your point of view, from everyone here. You have us all on ignore in your head.

Continue on.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:19 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I can't be successfully accused of a racist decision, or a misogynist position, as I have voted for people of color when good candidates came along

I don't know how his voting for people of color necessarily immunizes edgar from accusations of misogyny, but take his point and declare it as my own. He, at least, can never again accuse me of a racist decision, or a misogynist position Smile
blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:20 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
We have enough reason to not support Clinton without watching videos like that.

My posting of that video had nothing to do with Clinton, edgar. It is entirely about how the right does covert dirty tricks and propaganda to dispirit likely or potential Dem voters. A particular strength Kerry held as a candidate at that time was his military record. Therefore, Swiftboat Veterans For Truth.

They do this all the time, edgar. And it is certain to 100% that the social media world you are attending to now is replete with right wing and foreign entities whose goals are anything but furthering progressive goals.

Note, in that video, the stridency with which Adkins deceitfully insisted she was a Clinton supporter. I had perhaps a dozen conversations back then with Adkins and Will Bowers (her partner heading up this black PR project). Neither was able to voice support for any key liberal policy positions held by Clinton (eg women's choice on abortion).

I know how these guys operate.
blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:23 am
@revelette1,
Very kind. Thank you. Would you write my daughter and explain to her that I'm way, way funnier than she recognizes.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:25 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
He, at least, can never again accuse me of a racist decision, or a misogynist position
He's given me his proxy vote here. You're no better off, bub.

Also, hello.
maporsche

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Quote:
I can't be successfully accused of a racist decision, or a misogynist position, as I have voted for people of color when good candidates came along

I don't know how his voting for people of color necessarily immunizes edgar from accusations of misogyny, but take his point and declare it as my own. He, at least, can never again accuse me of a racist decision, or a misogynist position Smile

Don't worry, you would offer a challenge to his worldview, and he won't have ANY of that anyway.

I'd be surprised if he's ever responded to you unless you were in complete agreement with whatever he said.
revelette1

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:30 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
She's much like Cheney on foreign policy, makes millions if not billions being a corporatist beholden to huge donors, does not want us to have medicare for all - It's a long list. But of course, I hate mainstream Democrats and dearly want to smear their innocent benevolent asses, right
?

Actually this is a precise account of cons concerning Hillary Clinton that I usually run across.

I personally don't agree about a person having big donors necessarily being beholden to every single one of them. She had an awful lot of donors. Plus her stance on UHC has been taken out of context, if you read the whole thing she was talking about how hard it was to pass Obamacare and what they did to the Medicare expansion. She had a good point. This country is still divided pretty evenly down the middle between democrats and republicans in 2019 no matter what the polls say about UHC which tend to favor sustaining Obamacare rather than ditching it and starting from scratch when asked that question.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-single-payer-health-care-will-never-ever-happen/

You may be right about her war hawk tendencies though. But she is the past and we shouldn't keep rehashing the 2016 election IMO. Like people have said, there have a lot of positive changes to the democrat election rules since then.

snood

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:32 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

snood wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Huge red herring.

No one did that as far as I was reading.

Some people (maybe not Edgar) just have a persecution complex. They always think they’re being attacked personally.

Personal, not issue related. **** it.

When you and Maporsche abandon the passive aggressive responses I
will engage you again in future. Not until.

No loss to me. I will continue to point it out when your posts are disingenuous and/or irrational.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:35 am
@revelette1,
When asked about Medicare for all, her immediate response, "Not gonna happen."
revelette1

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:36 am
An unrelated question:

Does anyone else have security/malware issues with this site? I do and it drives me crazy.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:36 am
@blatham,
Hello yourself
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:37 am
@revelette1,
It's always in the past, so let it go? She said that Obama's foreign policy would have to be given more muscle, in 2016. More muscle? She wanted to go after Iran, even after the nuclear deal was made.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:39 am
I did not ignore Maporsche.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:39 am
@edgarblythe,
I know she is probably right unless a lot of changes takes place. Right now we still have a majority republican senate, and a republican in the WH (who is nuts) and I really don't see big changes happening in 2020, I hope I am wrong. If I am, there will be a chance to make some really significant changes in health care, how much I don't know.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:40 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'd be surprised if he's ever responded to you unless you were in complete agreement with whatever he said.

Well, then he should respond because I agree with his basic premise that my voting for black and women candidates over the years proves I'm neither racist nor misogynist.

I understand that the Laws of Liberals hold that declaring I have friends who are black only proves I'm a racist, but here I have Mr. Progressive showing me the way on voting.
revelette1

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:41 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't recall that but I take your word for it. That would have made a huge difference for me in 2016 but not if she said it in the general.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 11:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sprig it, Finn. I'm trying to love everybody. I get criticized for not spending my entire day arguing social media. I select a few to keep my hand in, but I have other considerations.

I only mentioned my voting habits, re color and gender, to head off arguments that I might harbor such prejudices against Harris.