Friends both admitted we like each other but want to preserve friendhsip

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 02:12 am
I’ve known this girl all year, we’ve become really close and I feel like she’s the person I trust the most at the moment. We’ve made out about 3 times never acknowledging it and awkwardly avoiding the subject.
Anyway, this past week it happened again and I insisted we actually talk about this, we both admitted that we really liked each other but we’re too scared to say anything before. The problem is that we’ve both landed on the conclusion that we should stop and not go any further to preserve our friendship.
I’ve been finding this quite difficult because I can definitely see a change in how we interact since we’ve spoken (prolonged eye contact, heightened teasing etc) and I still can’t get her out of my head. I know she’s too shy to say anything else but I feel like we maybe have jumped to the wrong conclusion, please any help would be greatly appreciated!

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 02:18 am
@Shurlcok,
Own up to your true feelings, what do you have to loose.

Quote:
we’ve both landed on the conclusion that we should stop and not go any further to preserve our friendship.
I’ve been finding this quite difficult because I can definitely see a change in how we interact

Shurlcok

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 02:24 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I feel like I’m scared of rejection in this case just because I know how much is on the line if it becomes awkward!
It does sound like you’re right though, I just need to get the courage to do so
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 04:49 am
@Shurlcok,
Shurlcok wrote:
I’m scared of rejection in this case just because I know how much is on the line
That will always be the case when it truly matters though. Don't think it will ever get any easier when you feel this strongly about someone.

I recommend asking her out on a date. Treat it like a first date even though you already know her.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 01:53 am
@Shurlcok,
What if, "what's on the line" is you losing completely? Her friendship and a possible relationship, because she gave up, all the while wanting and waiting for you to tell her.

You may feel the rejection and gain fear, but maybe she has too Smile

Nothing to lose, there are plenty of fish in the sea and friends.

Go for it... You can do it .
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 07:51 am
What scares you about the natural progression from friends to close friends to lovers?

Let things happen and stop obsessing about the future.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 11:31 am
There's no fail like not trying.
0 Replies

BrandonB

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2018 11:47 am
@Shurlcok,
Always follow your heart. If you are real friends, it shouldn't be broken just by being true to yourselves.
0 Replies

sakshirathor12

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 07:30 am
@Shurlcok,
its good and appreciable
0 Replies