Online dating advice

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2022 04:44 pm
So I was talking to this guy on a dating app for almost a week and things were going good and we talked almost everyday. He wanted to meet up with me and with our schedules we couldn't meet till the following week. Well my plans changed and I told him I could meet sooner but then he said he couldn't because he wanted to be there for his friend, who was going through a tough time, which I completely understand. He asked me a few days ago if I had any plans for the evening, which I didn't and he told me that he would let me know if he could meet up. It was getting late and I hadn't heard anything so I asked him and he asked where I would want to go but by that time it was too late for me to feel comfortable. I asked if there was another time we could meet and he said possibly this weekend. My friend told me to tell him that unless if he could find a specific time then this won't work. Then he said no problem and sorry we couldn't make things work.
Now a few days later I wish I hadn't called it off. I miss talking to him and feel like I was to harsh and wish I approached it differently. To be fair his schedule was kinda crazy but I was feeling like he didn't have much time for me. I want to message him back and give it another shot but I don't know if I should. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,146 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mame

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2022 10:33 am
@Sunshine20,
You haven't even met this guy yet so what do you have to lose? Go for it.
Sunshine20

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2022 04:48 pm
@Mame,
So I sent him a message but he's not responding. Which honestly I don't blame him. It still makes me sad that I messed everything up but I did what I could to try and fix it.
PoliteMight

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2022 12:30 pm
@Sunshine20,
Some of those profiles are fillers and are old.
Some might be images from another website or location as well.
Some dating sites are really recruiter sites that analyzes people, looking for specific minded folks.

You need to talk with the person and or meet up in a public location at least.
Like a viable location that is populated most of the time, then have a real conversation.

Honest to gosh my brother does this dating app bs, and get bs based off his likes. He just went with the first girl he could found just to get his head wet.

I do not like those apps at all. My advice you want to look for somebody,
then go to a tourist location or some place where people walk around, like
the beach or park, or city-hall. Maybe somebody would or could talk with you. Some parties like art esque might have some interesting people, or even free live public events. In my area they have one meant for all kinds of age groups ( literally round the clock ), so you will not have to worry about spending money.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2022 08:43 pm
@Sunshine20,
There is always the next time. You'll figure it out.
Daniel89

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2022 01:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
No gf never will
0 Replies