Bush a Genius Says NY Times

Magginkat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 06:43 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well among Maggie's other talents, she obviously doesn't know the process that gets something to come up a certain way on a Google search. (Which is why I rarely use Google to find anything.)

Lash is right though Maggie. Indiscriminately typing out insults, making unsubstantiated assumptions and accusations, and making unsourced or unproven declarations will not gain you respect here. Try toning it down a bit, present reasoned arguments without the insults, and see if it doesn't go better.

Are you telling me that the truth insults your tender egos Foxfyre?

It seems to me that your description spews a lot of insults about my writing style.... "outsourced & unproven declarations"? I didn't know that a requirement existed which demanded that I provide sources for my opinion.

As you can see from the attacks on everything I posted, the only way anything that will be considered a reasoned argument or NOT an insult is if I agree with the righties on this thread.

By the way, you start out with an insult about my comments about a google search and then tell me to tone it down? Being a little hypocritical Fox?

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 06:46 pm
Magginkat wrote:
Lash wrote:
[quote="Magginkat]

Who is the crook--what is their crime--and how does what you say about them compare to previous Presidents?
Quote:

One thing you rabid righties can always be counted on to do is to demand that people you label as liberals or lefties answer your questions.
LOL! I'll have to thank you for this. You're cracking me up. Yes, we evil conservatives have the highly irritating habit of asking you liberal lefties to answer questions... LOL We should get over that. We should know by now you guys don'y know any answers.

I like to read and post opinions, perhaps accompanied bya quote or two. I have no intention to jump through your hoops.
You may certainly do as you please in this regard--but don't expect to be taken seriously.
If you are so anxious to see who is corrupt in government today, simply do a google search. Someone who tries to present himself as a bloody genius compared to anyone who posts an opposing opinion should be able to handle a little task like that. Type in George Bush, corruption, Dick Cheney, etc and watch thousands pop up.
I'm just anxious to you to back up your statement. You obviously can't. And, I must object--nearly everyone here would look like a bloody genius opposing you.

You're just spewing.

But, you're free to spew--but expect to be challenged. It is best for you to have links to proof, if you make a bold statement.

I see Foxfyre has said something similar. Really. Take the advice.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 07:44 pm
Keep going Lash. You accuse me of using sound bytes but you use the same old lines as just about every right winger I've ever responded to. You type in your LOLs uproariously, declare your self to be right and of course anyone who opposes you doesn't know any answers.
Your response was as predictable as the sun rise as was your declaration that just about everyone here is smarter than me. My, my, what egos!

I've lost count of how many times I have produced all the public information that shows what a corrupt thug george bu$h is and I have long since learned that what righties like you don't want to see, you refuse to see.
I look at the man as the world's biggest welfare fraud. In my opinion he's never earned an honest dollar in his life and that includes his current ill gotten job. Money has been handed to him to bail him out of one failed business after another. He has bragged openly that he does not read much of anything.

Sorry old boy but we are paying that scoundrel $400,000+ all the perks per year and we will keep on issuing that welfare check for as long as that crook lives. The least he could do is read what he is signing.

When I saw this thread title, the last thing I expected was that the author or his friends would take anything I said seriously. I thought I would just post a couple responses to see if the usual sound bytes were used............. they were.

Oh, you missed one major point in my comments and I'm surprised that someone who declares himself to be so smart or even a genius missed that point. You see, I didn't post to get your approval and I could care less what your opinion of me or my comments may be.

Anyone who thinks george bu$h is a genius is the last person on earth that I will worry about or want to approve of my comments.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 07:55 pm
Magginkat wrote:
As you can see from the attacks on everything I posted, the only way anything that will be considered a reasoned argument or NOT an insult is if I agree with the righties on this thread.

Hmmmmm.... actually, I don't think so.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:33 pm
Maggin writes
Quote:
I've lost count of how many times I have produced all the public information that shows what a corrupt thug george bu$h is and I have long since learned that what righties like you don't want to see,

How many counts does a newbie have before s/he isn't a newbie anymor?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 11:00 pm
Ooh, this thread's getting good.

<pulls up a chair>
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 12:00 am
Just have to love it when they just dive in head first.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 12:17 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Maggin writes
Quote:
I've lost count of how many times I have produced all the public information that shows what a corrupt thug george bu$h is and I have long since learned that what righties like you don't want to see,

well, considering that naïve newbie over there, maggin, I doubt she'll ever be something higher than a NEWBIE :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 01:08 am
Duke of Lancaster wrote:

well, considering that naïve newbie over there, maggin, I doubt she'll ever be something higher than a NEWBIE :wink:

I don't know your previous name here, but you perhaps didn't notice (if you've joined just recently as indicated) that these 'ranks' really only are related to the number of posts.
0 Replies

Community Card

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:05 am
Well I haven't been around much lately, so I just had a quick look to what's been said over the last few pages, and there are some points which drew my attention. I thought that this topic was going to be just about Bush, but it seems to have taken a wider aspect, ohh well, so be it.

1-Bush is no genius, but he surrounds himself with bright and skillful people.
I think we all agree on the fact that he's not the brightest kid on the block, from an encyclopedic viewpoint, and by a literal definition of the term. Now that's okay, especially in politics. Never has it been a priority to be clever in order to do politics. God knows you need some other skills, and you can very well do without being smart. The only difference between a smart guy doing politics and a less fortunate one is that the second runs too many risks, and it is advisable for him to stick to a little corner doing his "business", instead of being at the head of the leading country in the world. Well one risk you run when you're not really smart is that of having people taking advantage of you. When there is so much at stake, it becomes a bit more complicated and the risk of having these people having the job done for you, obviously will end up in them taking into consideration their own interests. Now which lobby has the biggest influence in American policies ?

2-War in Iraq was justifiable, and is a huge success.
This issue have been debated for far too long now, and people who insist on this being 1-justifiable and even 2-A major success, are people who (with all due respect) are way too fond of America and its president just for the hell of being American. It is more of a matter of pride and narcissism where the idea of self criticism is out of question. I do not blame such people, but I would really love to see what they have to say in let's say 5 years time. For the moment guys, enjoy it.

3-About the recent developments in the Middle East.
Lebanon taking from Ukraine is completely absurd, in the sense that it has been presented at some point in this thread. Lebanon has long been the ONLY republic in the Middle East, until the last 15 years I would say, where it is still officially a republic, but too much corruption and outside pressure made this only a name instead of an actual on the ground reality. This is very much a case of its own in the region, and as funny or cute as some of you might have found the current demonstrations to be, I personally think this is a major step for this country, with the hope that it will not collapse as other attempts have over the years.
Israeli-Palestino negotiations are without any doubt a very good process, but it would be a bit naïve to believe that this is being done without any intervention. This is way too delicate for the outside world forces to let the negotiations be free of any influence. The outcome is a bit too hard to predict, and I hardly believe that we, as a public, have enough knowledge of all which is happening to draw conclusions.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:15 am
Welcome to A2K Community Card. You'll find some in agreement with your views here and some who will very much oppose them. But it's all good. Just be sure to wear your bullet proof vest when you come in and we're glad to have you. Smile
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:31 am
Community Card wrote:

Quote:
Israeli-Palestino negotiations are without any doubt a very good process, but it would be a bit naïve to believe that this is being done without any intervention. This is way too delicate for the outside world forces to let the negotiations be free of any influence. The outcome is a bit too hard to predict, and I hardly believe that we, as a public, have enough knowledge of all which is happening to draw conclusions.

I honestly want to know in clear direct terms on what exactly Bush did or how watching the Iraq war and subsequent elections affected the Israel/Palestine situation. I am not being smart elected, I am interested.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:58 am
Community Card wrote:
3-About the recent developments in the Middle East.
Lebanon taking from Ukraine is completely absurd, in the sense that it has been presented at some point in this thread. Lebanon has long been the ONLY republic in the Middle East, until the last 15 years I would say, where it is still officially a republic, but too much corruption and outside pressure made this only a name instead of an actual on the ground reality. This is very much a case of its own in the region, and as funny or cute as some of you might have found the current demonstrations to be, I personally think this is a major step for this country, with the hope that it will not collapse as other attempts have over the years.

I strongly disagree that it's absurd that the protests in Lebanon would be influenced by the success of the protests in the Ukraine. There are many similarities. Perhaps you thought I meant that Lebanon's form of government was influenced by the Ukraine, which is not what I said. In fact, I indicated that Lebanon was already a republic, though admittedly not an ideal one. I believe all have agreed that the protests and their result are significant for the region. However, to suggest that what happened in Lebanon was as a result of the war in Iraq really is absurd.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:01 am
Likewise, to say they were not would be equally absurd.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:02 am
McGentrix wrote:
Likewise, to say they were not would be equally absurd.

Why?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:05 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Maggin writes
Quote:

And that proves what? I've been a member here since shortly after this forum was started.

I don't post much because of the people like the ones in this thread who are holier than thou, self-righteous, know it all, & total bu$h butt kissers. I've never seen any politician that I would support without question as many seem to do with Bu$h.

It's depressing enough to see the constant approval and excuse making for a man that I consider a total moron or as I posted earlier on, an idiot savant. His concentration is totally on meaness, killing, stealing, & lying, just to mention his worst traits, all the while convincing total fools that he is a Christian.

A strange new religion has taken over this land, thanks to king george.
It condones, even cheers for the murdering, lying, stealing, etc. Don't you find it the least bit hypocritical that while all this is going on these same fools are screaming to post the ten commandments in government buildings.

And george bu$h is a brazen coward. He keeps himself in his bubble, surrounded by an army of security, while sending these soldiers to fight for his brazen lies.

No one who opposes his insanity is allowed to hold a sign up where his Royal 'Lyness' can see it.

That's why I don't post much or often. The hypocrisy & the worship of a moron is enough to gag a maggot.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:12 am
Well then, if you don't post much, you should be able to count the number of posts supporting the claims that you say you supported wouldn't you think?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:15 am
revel wrote:
I think those on the right should at least give us on the left at least the courtesy of being sincere in thinking Bush and co. are wrong in their approach to everything. I honestly do not understand why it is so necessary to tear poster's down for having a different ideology than that of the right.

That's what they thrive on Revel... They couldn't tear me down, no matter what words they use and that's what bugs them because I don't care how much crap they post. It's still a lie and a fraud every which way one looks.

That's why you see so many signed into the same forums with multiple names or they come in cozy little cliques with their memorized 'Faux Spews'.

I could almost feel sorry for them as they vote to cut their own throats because those poor billionaires need more & more tax breaks, but I don't. There is no excuse for self-imposed ignorance.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:27 am
Ok, Magginkat, I was trying not to say anything. Welcome to A2K but it's time to stop derailing this thread with your accusations. A little anger is healthy, but you have a lot of thoughts and ideas jumbled all up in your posts, and only some are relevant to the current topic. Ok, maybe not even that many. Can I suggest slowing down, picking one specific thing you'd like to argue with the other side about, and making your points without demonizing the opposition? We don't want to become the beast while fighting the beast, do we? You will have many opportunities to get your thoughts across, you don't have to do it all right now, in this thread.
0 Replies

Community Card

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:29 am
Thx Foxfyre, I'll make sure to use protection ! Smile
Now I know for a fact that some would agree as some would strongly disagree, but I believe to have said what I have to for those who insist on disagreeing in the point 2 which I made.

revel,
I did not say what you now need me to provide proof of. Nowhere in my post do I link the current peace negotiation process between Israelians and Palestinians and the war in Iraq. All I did was agree with someone in the earlier pages when he hinted to American interventions in the current process. Since I don't take all that I hear in the news for granted, I allow myself some room for doubt, and I did say that it was a bit too complicated for my blood to predict any outcome.

FreeDuck,
Again, I never said that what happened in Lebanon was linked to Iraq. This would be even more absurd to me than linking it to Ukraine. Now I also seem to have made the same error of misreading your post, and rushing into believing that you meant to say something different. Nevertheless, I only agree on the fact that both issues (Leb. and Ukr. that is) have both a global scale and an international aspect, which is the only common ground between both. As for the rest of both situtations, they stand completely different in terms of history, political parties involved, intrests and so on.

McGentrix,
I don't think it has anything to do with Iraq, and would really like to hear why it is that you think so. What is happening now in Lebanon is due to the assasination of the former prime minister, and a people who has had enough of Syrian opression that he needs to shout it loud and let it be heard. Whether or not had there be a war in Iraq or a giant pink elephant flying over lake mississsippi, you can be sure that what happened in Lebanon would have happened either way.
0 Replies