Bush a Genius Says NY Times

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 04:46 pm
I can't recall Bush ever taking credit for any of this. It is others who are giving him the credit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 04:49 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
The recipe is a closely guarded secret FreeDuck, but I'm guessing there are liberal amounts of hope, optimism, encouragement, belief in possibilities, courage, and images of people joyously casting their voluntary ballots for the first time in their lives and dancing in the street thereafter.

.... and a few sticks of dookie.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:17 pm
http://salt.claretianpubs.org/sjnews/2004/06/sjn0406f.html
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:47 pm
Interesting
Community Card wrote:
..and bush is a genius because ?

Bu$h a genius? I always thought of him as an idiot savant.... He can't concentrate. BUT if it's mean, dishonest, cheating, or lying his concentration is ungodly.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:06 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
Anyone that believes the US has "stayed out" of what is happening between Israel and Palestine needs to get back in touch with reality.

Sigh...looks like McGentrix missed it again.

As Abbas is now firmly in control in Palestine, we have seen an amazing drop in Palestinian violence against Israelis, and Sharon has done more than anyone imagined in working with Abbas for real peace. Where is the American involvement in that process?

Where is the U.S. right now in these negotiations, McGentrix? Even Clinton couldn't do what Abbas and Sharon are currently doing in that region. And Abbas' reason for a cease-fire: the utter futility and complete failure of the Intifada, which serves no purpose whatsoever for the Palestinian people, and only emboldens and angers Israel into more attacks against innocent Palestinian victims. Arafat NEVER addressed the situation in such a succinct description that profoundly suggests to the Palestinian people that they truly need to take a different course.

Sometimes, people DO eventually get tired of the violence, and they demand change. It is the LACK of American involvement that is allowing people in these regions to solve there OWN PROBLEMS without U.S. involvement.

As is the conventional wisdom here; we weren't attacked on 9/11 because of our liberties and freedoms, as many in the Bush administration contend, but we were attacked because of our involvment in the Middle Eastern region, our military bases, our "evil" influence, our complacency with dictatorial regimes, etc. If we were to just get out and stay out of these affairs, the indigenous peoples will feel more empowered to take care of their own problems, as is happening right now.

It is the deafening silence from the administration regarding these actions in the Middle East, as Bush is primarily concerned with destroying SS as we know it, that is the most telling.

Don't you think, McGentrix, that if we were more involved currently in these affairs, that Bush would somehow take credit in some way for something he had no part of?

Laughing

Quit being obtuse. DO you believe that because you don't read about it on michealmoore.com that nothing happens?

The world continues to rotate as it always has Dookie, and the US has it's nose in everyone's business. It doesn't matter what you know, believe or care about. I suppose if it's not on the 6 o'clock news it doesn't happen, right? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
The recipe is a closely guarded secret FreeDuck, but I'm guessing there are liberal amounts of hope, optimism, encouragement, belief in possibilities, courage, and images of people joyously casting their voluntary ballots for the first time in their lives and dancing in the street thereafter.

.... and a few sticks of dookie.

I didn't want to be the one to say it.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:20 pm
McGentrix:

Than why were religious leaders as far back as the Summer of 2004 pleading with the U.S. to get involved again in the Palestinian/Israeli conflict?

http://salt.claretianpubs.org/sjnews/2004/06/sjn0406f.html

And it's a good thing ya didn't say it, FreeDuck. We have to leave the puerile remarks and poor witicisms to professionals like McGentrix and Tico.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:48 pm
You mean while Arafat was still alive and hindering the process? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 08:39 pm
The fact is that in Lybia, Egypt, Lebanon, perhaps Palestine, and of course, Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan, things do indeed appear to be evolving very much as Bush indicated they would and as a direct result of the bold new direction in our policy taken at his initiative.

Is this genius or something else? I won't quibble with words here, but note that the ability to see a truth that conventional intelligence merely obscured, and then to act successfully on it - is the essential thing conveyed by the word.

The churlishness and mean-spirited exception-taking by the perennial critics here is a fair indication of both character and the ability to recognize new elements of reality. Very un-genius like, I think.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:33 pm
<heartened exhale>
<smile>

Jon Stewart gets it.

I just watched his show with Bill Nelson.

He gives Bush credit for the rapidly falling dominoes in the ME. It was great to see at least one leftie give credit where credit is due.

Once that fire gets wind--there's no stopping it. It was joyful to see the Lebanese out in the streets with their flags... Wonder who's next?

This is such a great time.

Its The Greatest Show on Earth!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 12:27 am
Indeed it is Lash. It is awesome how people who don't have a clue how to achieve a solution to a problem become experts in exactly how the administration should address it. We should all pitch in on bus fare to get this great talent to Washington immediately.

Or we can just overlook all the carping and sniping and complaining and accusing and prophecies of doom and gloom and just smile when everything the naysayers said couldn't be done is being done and everything they said wouldn't ever happen is happening.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:59 am
Lash wrote:

Perhaps, but I doubt that it will attract much attention from the pundits on the A2k Political forum. They are far too obsessed with the unique evils they associate with the United States to see the real world before them.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 07:30 am
Lash wrote:
<heartened exhale>
<smile>

Jon Stewart gets it.

I just watched his show with Bill Nelson.

He gives Bush credit for the rapidly falling dominoes in the ME. It was great to see at least one leftie give credit where credit is due.

Once that fire gets wind--there's no stopping it. It was joyful to see the Lebanese out in the streets with their flags... Wonder who's next?

Did you notice how excited his guest was though that N. Korea and Iran could still F*** things up? It's like she hopes something bad will happen to justify her hatred of Bush. Typical liberal junk.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:21 am
georgeob1 wrote:

The churlishness and mean-spirited exception-taking by the perennial critics here is a fair indication of both character and the ability to recognize new elements of reality. Very un-genius like, I think.

Mean-spirited? Churlishness? I thought the republicans & george bu$h had a monopoly on that!

Reality? Has it ever dawned on you that maybe we "lefties" can REALLY see that these mean, nasty, vindictive, self-serving crooks are destroying this country from the inside out and we are disgusted because of that?.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:49 am
I think those on the right should at least give us on the left at least the courtesy of being sincere in thinking Bush and co. are wrong in their approach to everything. I honestly do not understand why it is so necessary to tear poster's down for having a different ideology than that of the right.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:53 am
Magginkat wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:

Mean-spirited? Churlishness? I thought the republicans & george bu$h had a monopoly on that!

Reality? Has it ever dawned on you that maybe we "lefties" can REALLY see that these mean, nasty, vindictive, self-serving crooks are destroying this country from the inside out and we are disgusted because of that?.

No.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:58 am
nice Sad
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:01 am
Well he could have made nasty comment too. Or we could degenerate into a totally nonproductive argument over whether it is the left or the right hellbent on destroying this country.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:04 am
There's just no pleasing some people.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 12:43 pm
He answered the question......... besides I knew the answer before he typed it!

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
0 Replies