Bush a Genius Says NY Times

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:21 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
You are clearly alleging that because I think some innocent deaths are worth it, this proves sociopathology.

Yes, amongst other indications.

Brandon9000 wrote:
But every war in history has been entered into on that basis,

Did France fight a 'preventive war' in WW2? No. Did Russia fight a 'preventive war'? No. Did Germany fight a 'preventive war'? Yes.

Brandon9000 wrote:
so if you draw the conclusion about me, then you must believe it about anyone who has ever thought a war justified.

Who has ever thought a 'preventive' war justified? Yes. Madmen, all of them.

Brandon9000 wrote:
You argument is pretty much nonsense.

I wouldn't say so. But look at the bright side: "It is hypothesized that many high achievers exhibit APD characteristics."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:21 pm
Brandon, You are the only one on this thread that takes that statement seriously... Your problem; everybody else understands what a snide remark is all about.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:23 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:27 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Brandon, You are the only one on this thread that takes that statement seriously... Your problem; everybody else understands what a snide remark is all about.

Misrepresenting another poster's arguments in order to gain debating advantage is not merely a snide remark.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:32 pm
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
You are clearly alleging that because I think some innocent deaths are worth it, this proves sociopathology.

Yes, amongst other indications.

Brandon9000 wrote:
But every war in history has been entered into on that basis,

Did France fight a 'preventive war' in WW2? No. Did Russia fight a 'preventive war'? No. Did Germany fight a 'preventive war'? Yes.

Brandon9000 wrote:
so if you draw the conclusion about me, then you must believe it about anyone who has ever thought a war justified.

Who has ever thought a 'preventive' war justified? Yes. Madmen, all of them.

Brandon9000 wrote:
You argument is pretty much nonsense.

I wouldn't say so. But look at the bright side: "It is hypothesized that many high achievers exhibit APD characteristics."

At first you alleged that the mere fact that I thought some innocent deaths might be worth it if many more people were saved indicated sociopathology. Am I correct that you are now abandoning that position to qualify it with "if the war was preventative?" If you still maintain that finding any innocent deaths to be worth it is by itself indicative of sociopathology, then you must hold that opinion about anyone who has ever supported any war. If you take that position, then I need not point out why your argument is absurd. If you have changed to include the qualification, "if the war was preventative," then you are still wrong, but it's a different argument.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:40 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
At first you alleged that the mere fact that I thought some innocent deaths might be worth it if many more people were saved indicated sociopathology. Am I correct that you are now abandoning that position to qualify it with "if the war was preventative?"

You're wrong. Read my post a couple pages back.

Brandon9000 wrote:
If you still maintain that finding any innocent deaths to be worth it is by itself indicative of sociopathology, then you must hold that opinion about anyone who has ever supported any war. If you take that position, then I need not point out why your argument is absurd. If you have changed to include the qualification, "if the war was preventative," then you are still wrong, but it's a different argument.

You haven't read my post, have you?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:41 pm
And you ignored this post, too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:50 pm
Oh, but it is. You see, you're the only one who took the bait.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:55 pm
It's like arguing with a wind-up toy.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:01 pm
I get the distinct feeling that Brandon is a parrot or he doesn't read anybody else's posts.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:04 pm
I think "wind-up toy" was a pretty good description!

Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:48 pm
Huh. Perhaps you should read Brandon's posts. Read them and tell me where he stoops to the all-too-common-these-days attacks on other posters? Read them and tell me why you can't respond to them with anything more than what you have already.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for bringing every thread you post in down to the level of first graders.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:55 pm
McG, I'm allowed. I've been retired for awhile now, and going back to childhood. That's a natural regression for people that reach old age - I'm told.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:56 pm
I'm must heartily disagree with first grade though. I think my regression is at the stage of 5th or 6th grade now.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:57 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
McG, I'm allowed. I've been retired for awhile now, and going back to childhood. That's a natural regression for people that reach old age - I'm told.

Laughing
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 11:05 pm
Whould someone give me the Cliff Notes on this topic? Feel free to e-mail it to me....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 11:06 pm
Cliff Notes. ROFLMAO
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 11:07 pm
All one needs to do is read the first page, and the rest is all a broken record with some change in wording.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 11:26 pm
It works like this. One member, usually a conservative, makes a reasoned argument giving his/her particular point of view. The lefties immediately pile on with leading questions, unrelated comments, and other diversions coming from all sides so that the ganged-up-on-member, assuming s/he doesn't have all day to devote to this, cannot possibly respond to all. He is then called insulting names, andt he lefties feel righteous.

That's pretty much it.
0 Replies