Bush a Genius Says NY Times

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 11:34 pm
In a "nut' bag. Smile
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:50 am
Foxfyre wrote:
It works like this. One member, usually a conservative, makes a reasoned argument giving his/her particular point of view. The lefties immediately pile on with leading questions, unrelated comments, and other diversions coming from all sides so that the ganged-up-on-member, assuming s/he doesn't have all day to devote to this, cannot possibly respond to all. He is then called insulting names, andt he lefties feel righteous.

That's pretty much it.

Yes, the history of this thread in particular is that they jump in with a jibe and then simply don't respond to any request for proof, or to any logical challenge. I say "How do you get from A to B?" and they make some new unrelated assertion and ignore the question.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:56 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
It works like this. One member, usually a conservative, makes a reasoned argument giving his/her particular point of view. The lefties immediately pile on with leading questions, unrelated comments, and other diversions coming from all sides so that the ganged-up-on-member, assuming s/he doesn't have all day to devote to this, cannot possibly respond to all. He is then called insulting names, andt he lefties feel righteous.

That's pretty much it.

Yes, the history of this thread in particular is that they jump in with a jibe and then simply don't respond to any request for proof, or to any logical challenge. I say "How do you get from A to B?" and they make some new unrelated assertion and ignore the question.

Now, Fox says, the conservatives can't response to all, and they are comments etc are coming from all sites.

You, Brandon, say, they just jump in and disappear, but nevertheless you agree to Fox' response.

Shocked
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:58 am
It's okay Brandon. I think we have to allow for some serious handicaps there. Smile
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:00 am
I don't really need to have my posts answered with an uncommented quote of mine or "look at this other post," with no explanation. If I ask a question, just answer it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:04 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
If I ask a question, just answer it.

Yessir!

Sorry, massa!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:11 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

That's pretty much it.

Now, Fox says, the conservatives can't response to all, and they are comments etc are coming from all sites.

You, Brandon, say, they just jump in and disappear, but nevertheless you agree to Fox' response.

Shocked

Huh?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:44 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Yessir!

Sorry, massa!

See? Now that's all we ask.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:47 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Yessir!

Sorry, massa!

Laughing That was a coffee spitter.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:05 am
I have noticed a trend utilized by the Neolib gang bangers lately though. They attack in packs as previously described, and one way to make sure the attackee is kept off balance is to insert those comments about 'previous posts', or 'you didn't answer my question' (with no clue as to what the queston was) and this is usually accompanied by derision of how the person is unresponsive or clueless or is intentionally ignoring the obvious, etc. etc. etc.

I don't believe those doing it are always doing it intentionally but I believe some are. And it almost always derails the thread (which I also believe is sometimes intentional.)

This is not a mandatory activity, and my personal opinion is that each member should be allowed to participate in the way he or she enjoys participating. I understand that nobody can read every single post, especially if the member is active on several different threads. And, while I am not always successful, I think it is perfectly acceptable to ignore the idiots, self-righteous judgmental prisses, the unreasonable, and the intentional jackasses. And if I am guilty of participation in any of those groups, I am quite happy to be ignored.

I need to renew that pledge more often I think.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:48 am
Quote:
They attack in packs as previously described, and one way to make sure the attackee is kept off balance is to insert those comments about 'previous posts', or 'you didn't answer my question' (with no clue as to what the queston was) and this is usually accompanied by derision of how the person is unresponsive or clueless or is intentionally ignoring the obvious, etc. etc. etc.

Fox. Take a look at my avatar. Then think for a moment:

It goes both ways. It takes two to tango.

Ya see?

If not, take for example:

Quote:
I think it is perfectly acceptable to ignore the idiots, self-righteous judgmental prisses, the unreasonable, and the intentional jackasses. And if I am guilty of participation in any of those groups, I am quite happy to be ignored.

Um, wait, I forgot, what did you say in your prior paragraph? Oh, yea:

Quote:
I have noticed a trend utilized by the Neolib gang bangers lately though

So, don't worry, Fox. Be happy. I shall ignore you now. Although, perhaps the only purpose that would serve you is your increased participation amongst your "pack" of neoconservative brethren on able2know.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:49 am
Dookiestix wrote:
... I shall ignore you now. ...

I'll believe it when I see it.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:55 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
I don't really need to have my posts answered with an uncommented quote of mine or "look at this other post," with no explanation. If I ask a question, just answer it.

Hmmmm.... could you be referring to when I said 'And you ignored this post, too.'

See, the problem is: you were accusing me of changing my argument. You said 'If you have changed to include the qualification, "if the war was preventative," then you are still wrong'.

I was trying to point out that I didn't, all of a sudden, change my argument. Hence referring to an earlier post. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a definite proposition. So I think you shouldn't just comment on the latest post and ignore earlier posts.

And I never said things like "Your argument is pretty much nonsense." An argument is an intellectual process... contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

But then, maybe you weren't talking about me at all...!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:58 am
Foxfyre wrote:
... idiots, self-righteous judgmental prisses, the unreasonable, and the intentional jackasses...

Fox! <gasp>

That was quite rude, too!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:21 pm
She's held her water long enough.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:23 pm
It was bound to come out....and it did!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 06:42 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I have noticed a trend utilized by the Neolib gang bangers lately though. They attack in packs ... I think it is perfectly acceptable to ignore the idiots, self-righteous judgmental prisses, the unreasonable, and the intentional jackasses.

And all this time I thought you was the Church Lady.

Do you really think "gang bangers" is an insult? Mr. Green
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 06:45 pm
It seems to me that Foxies personality changed 180 degrees. Somebody must've gotton under her skin. Wink
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:17 pm
Not at all. Do you think it necessary to be polite to "... idiots, self-righteous judgmental prisses, the unreasonable, and the intentional jackasses...", OE? I didn't direct that to a soul, so I wonder why Dookie and C.I. took offense? Care to elaborate gentlemen? Oh, I forgot, Dookie is ignoring me. I don't remember which number that one is though.

I will say flat out though that the neolibs have no problem dribbling out the personal insults and their buddies never complain, comment, or think it is anyway inappropriate. For example see how some of you were treating Brandon, and that was mild.
But I make a comment about what I think about neolib debate tactics and I'm rude. But then you think I'm rude when I'm trying to be reasonable and fair.

I think maybe it's more fun being rude for real. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:21 pm
Fox, You were one of those rare posters on a2k that refrained from adhominems. Now, you're the same as the rest of us. Wink
0 Replies