Big day tomorrow. Family Court at 9.45am...

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:48 am
msolga wrote:
The sad thing, Stilly, is that it appears to be purely tactical motivation from your wife's side .... Too bad she's making her daughter so unhappy & confused!

Too damn right! At each side I am hemmed in, can't be unpleasant at my wife's 'home' (used to be mine too!) - can't be too late or too early in carrying out the consent order. Can't take Sarah. Not covered in the original consent order. Why? Because I might NOT BE HER FATHER!

Looked after that woman - held her hand whilst she had the baby - cared for same baby (bottles, nappies, sickness, etc) - looked after baby when mother hospitalised twice for mental illness - planned - paid bills - tried to cover mortgage - ignored own descent in life-threating depression - did the goddamn lot.

Guess who got to walk away from that house with nowhere to go and all their possessions in one handy bag and his childreb bawling their eyes out watching him go?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:55 am
It hasn't been a good day readers. I suspect that I have been well and truely stitched-up by lawyers......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:57 am
Is she OK now? I mean stable, for want of a better word?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 05:00 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
It hasn't been a good day readers. I suspect that I have been well and truely stitched-up by lawyers......

Is there no one who can properly advise you, Stilly? All this trying to sort through the legalities could drive you around the bend. The emotional stuff is hard enough to cope with ....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 08:26 am
Stilly, surely there must be some version of Legal Aid in Oz? I'm sure you've already done a lot of research, but I found this site when I was searching for the law the other day.

http://www.familycourt.wa.gov.au/content/files/binaryFiles/SRL_Handbook.pdf

Hope you can get internet access to check it out.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 11:43 pm
Quote:
Stilly, surely there must be some version of Legal Aid in Oz?

One of those damnable lawyers WAS from Legal Aid!! When the court-appointed child's representative arrives 20 minutes late with the lawyer for the other side, it don't take a degree to work out that something's been going on!

Two weeks to go folks.........
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 05:21 pm
Thinking of you, Stilly.
0 Replies