My ex still loves me :-)

Montana

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 11:59 pm
My ex called me tonight and told me he misses me and never stopped loving me.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

He wants to meet in Maine for a few days in the near future, so I'm thinking about it. I haven't had some lovin in a long time, so I may not be able to resist, LOL!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,261 • Replies: 55
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:12 am
Come on - more info!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:26 am
Ok, so it's not my evil ex who fathered my son, but my most recent ex, which isn't all that recent. We've been broken up for over 6 years now, but we've stayed in touch here and there. He can be a real ass sometimes, but for the most part, he's very sweet to me. He has never stopped loving me and a part of me never stopped loving him either.
He said he wants me back, but that'll never happen because he refuses to grow up. I may not be able to live with him, but the last time we went away together we had a really nice time and he would like to get together at least once a year for about a week, since we are both still single.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:33 am
Have fun!!!

I have a special warm spot for a couple of my exes, too.

Just cos it doesn't work out as a relationship doesn't necessarily (thank heavens) make the warmth go away!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:51 am
Thanks Deb :-D

Yeah, it would be nice if we could get together every now and again. It's been 7 years since I've been with him or anyone else and just the thought of melting in his arms again makes me feel warm all over. He's a very cuddlly kind of guy and I miss that the most.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 07:10 am
Quote:
He said he wants me back, but that'll never happen because he refuses to grow up.

Montana- Go with him, have fun, but make very sure that you are not giving him a double message. After all that you have been through, what you don't need is a jilted swain pining after you. Make sure that YOU set the boundries of your relationship. Enjoy!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 07:22 am
Montana--

All's fair in war and love as long as the ground rules are clear.

After being a single parent and a dutiful daughter and a short order cook for casual drop-by family members, you could use a bit of Capital "R" Romance--you deserve a bit of Capital "R" Romance.

You know Peter Pan doesn't function in the adult world, but in Never Never Land Peter Pans can be a lot of fun.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 07:37 am
Montana - WHEW! You scared me there for a minute. I thought I was gonna have to come up there with a bucket of common sense! Thought you'd surely lost your mind!

As long as it's not the EX ex, go and have fun! Just remember WE WANT DETAILS!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 07:49 am
P.S. Second to the right and straight on 'til morning will get you to Never Never Land--the real one. If you see Michael Jackson's bed, steer clear. You've made a wrong turn.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 09:57 am
Sounds like quite the bit of fun, and maybe just what you need.... but it's hard not to get sucked into the vortex of Romance when it's so near. If you were younger/less experienced, I'd be screaming warnings all over the place... but I think you're grown-up enough to take the fun and leave the trouble.

You know, this could be just the infusion of confidence you need to find yourself a new romance, with a new person.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 10:17 am
Eeep.

It's not that I don't wish you the best but exs and still existing feelings and relationships that you know can't work make a very bad mix, not always but there's danger there.

Be cautious. Not just for yourself. Make sure you don't hurt the guy. This kind of situation can be harsh.

That said....

Congratulations and have a lot of fun. All my best.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:30 pm
I'd like to ditto what Noddy said. Just because he isn't someone you want to spend the rest of your life with doesn't mean he shouldn't be in your life at all. I hope you have a wonderful time.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:44 pm
I agree with boriskitten. Usually this kind of questions would get all kinds of critisim. But i think that we have confidence in you Montana. We're sure you'll handle everything the right way. Go get your lovin girl.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 06:54 pm
Phoenix
No worries. He knows exactly where I stand and it's meant for us both to have some fun and enjoy a little romance. He would love to have me back, but he knows it'll never happen. If anyone is to get hurt in this, it'll be him. I have make myself very clear to him that I don't want him to get hurt when it comes time for me to leave and that we should not do this if he can't handle it. He assured me that he could handle it, so we agreed to go through with it.

Noddy
Yes, all ground rules are in place and I truly do need some romance. I'm not the kind of girl who can sleep with someone I don't care about, so it'll be a very familiar and comfortable set up for me and him. :-D
I'll be staying clear of Michael Jackson's bed ;-)

Squinney
If I start talking about going away with my Ex ex, bring up a bucket of bullets, shoot me and put me out of my misery, LOL!

BK
I'm not looking for a serious relationship at the moment, so this works for me. I know it's something I probably wouldn't be able to handle when I was much younger, but there's no doubt in my mind that this won't be a problem in this stage of my life ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 07:04 pm
buddha
The only concern I have is him getting hurt. I told him that I don't want to hurt him, but he assured me that he could handle it, so I'm gonna go for it and have a good time.

JB
Thanks. I agree that there's no reason why we can't enjoy eachother occationally as long as we're not hurting anyone :-)

Tenoch
Thanks. I appreciate that ;-)

Everyone
Thanks for all your kind words and concern. I'm not sure if this is going to happen as soon as I thought because I'm starting work in May and he might be tied up until then, which means it won't happen until next year, sigh!
Oh well, it's been 7 years, so what's one more.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 07:28 pm
For years and years men (married and unmarried) have been able to leave town for a little fling.

You're entitled to your non-adulterous romance. If you can't organize satin sheets, at least splurge for a frilly nightgown and paint your toenails something wicked and trendy.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 07:36 pm
Heehee!!!! Yeah, I'm gonna get myself dolled up and buy something extra sexy for the occation. He likes me in red, so I think I can manage to find something that'll tickle his fancy ;-)

One thing about him is that he is gorgeous, so it won't take much for him to get me in the right mood. He's also very romantic and I'm looking forward to spending some time with him.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 07:42 pm
PA Dutch speak of "plain" and "fancy"--for men.

There are some men who are disasters as husbands, but wonderful romantic lovers.

Pity men don't come with labels.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 08:06 pm
Yep, he's a disaster to live with, but he gets an A+ in the lovin and romance department. Those are the things that I still miss about him.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 08:58 pm
are you out of your mind or what? after all he's put you thru?
0 Replies