6
   

Trump's supporters want respect

 
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 06:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Clinton-era politics were just the start of high school shootings. I don't see a violation of anybody's rights by raising a minimum age to purchase weapons to 21. Legal consumption of alcohol is 21, why not for purchasing weapons?
How about raising the voting age to 21?

If we let you raise the age for all guns to 21, you'll turn right around and start demanding that handguns have a higher-yet age.

neptuneblue wrote:
The paranoia of "government supervision" on weapons sales feeds into the NRA's suspicion of Big Brother Is Coming For You, but driver's licenses, car tags or income tax does not?
We don't have a prominent political party trying to violate our rights when it comes to cars.

We do have a prominent political party trying to violate our rights when it comes to guns.

neptuneblue wrote:
This isn't a party line here, it's standardizing how sales are driven.
Allowing anyone to be able to call in a federal background check on anyone else would still be a massive invasion into the privacy of the American people.
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 06:39 pm
@oralloy,
You have no idea what "we" will be demanding. Pure speculation on your part.

Every political party opposes impaired driving such as DUI/DWI. Yet when it comes to weapons, somehow it's only the Democratic party that seeks change.

"We" already have a federal system in place for felonious charges. Try getting a loan, a job or credit without submitting to a background check. It doesn't happen.

oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 06:51 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
You have no idea what "we" will be demanding. Pure speculation on your part.
The Democrats' long history of insisting that handguns are more dangerous and therefore require a higher purchase age is plain to see.

It is very clear that if we give in to demands to raise all guns to the same purchase age, we'll see a quick return to demands that handguns have a higher purchase age.

If all you want is for all guns to have the same purchase age, you can achieve that by rolling back the handgun purchase age back to 18.

neptuneblue wrote:
Every political party opposes impaired driving such as DUI/DWI. Yet when it comes to weapons, somehow it's only the Democratic party that seeks change.
The Democrats don't seek change. They seek laws that will do nothing but violate people's rights for no reason.

neptuneblue wrote:
"We" already have a federal system in place for felonious charges. Try getting a loan, a job or credit without submitting to a background check. It doesn't happen.
If there is a number that I can call to get a federal background check on my neighbor, what is it?
neptuneblue
 
  2  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 07:07 pm
@oralloy,
The only one who insists hand guns are "more" dangerous is you. All weapons are dangerous. Fire arms have to be restricted to those 21 and over. It's a maturity factor to combat high school shootings.

For you to repeat the same passage doesn't make it any more true. Democrats AND Republicans do not want to violate any one's rights for no reason, this HAS a reason: To curb high school shootings.

There is a host of websites geared to getting background checks. Landlords, credit companies and banks ALL check City, County, State and Federal records for information on an individual.

oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 07:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
The only one who insists hand guns are "more" dangerous is you.
That is incorrect. The Democrats are the ones who have insisted that handguns are more dangerous and thus should have a higher purchase age than long guns.

neptuneblue wrote:
Fire arms have to be restricted to those 21 and over.
No they don't.

neptuneblue wrote:
It's a maturity factor to combat high school shootings.
Very few high school shootings are carried out by people between the ages of 18 and 21.

neptuneblue wrote:
For you to repeat the same passage doesn't make it any more true.
I have no need to make it "more" true. It is truthful enough as it is.

neptuneblue wrote:
Democrats AND Republicans do not want to violate any one's rights for no reason,
Nonsense. What is the reason why Democrats always try to outlaw pistol grips on rifles?

neptuneblue wrote:
this HAS a reason: To curb high school shootings.
Very few high school shootings are carried out by people between the ages of 18 and 21.

neptuneblue wrote:
There is a host of websites geared to getting background checks. Landlords, credit companies and banks ALL check City, County, State and Federal records for information on an individual.
So what number do I call to have the federal government do a background check on my neighbor for me?
neptuneblue
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 07:54 pm
@oralloy,
Again, this isn't a party line issue, as much as you want to make it one. Quoting things I say doesn't help your cause when you resist how issues change.

Almost ALL school shootings were carried out by current or former students UNDER the age of 21. If you'd like to dispute that, look it up yourself.

oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 07:59 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Almost ALL school shootings were carried out by current or former students UNDER the age of 21.
Also under the age of 18.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/20/2018 at 08:39:06