Trump's supporters want respect

ehBeth

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:16 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Im sorry but were going to b removing ALL the snowplows from the Northern Border.

yanno I was thinking about this the other day

snowplows from my home region - the Ottawa Valley/1000 islands - traditionally send snowplows over to Watertown/Fort Drum most winters. The lake effect snow hits worst on the south side of the Great Lakes. If we don't send them snowplows how are the soldiers from Fort Drum going to get over here for the invasion?
farmerman

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:59 am
@ehBeth,
Mosta those guys at Ft Drum are there because they couldnt shoot strait. Trust me, you dont want em over the border, somebody might get hurt.

We will probably invade via St Stephen , its fairly good salmon fishing and the clamming is outstanding. When we get there we can all hve a brewski and (Hopefully) a laugh on prezeeden Plump
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:58 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
See that's why I looooove one issue voters. Guns are about to become even more expensive. But yeah, who cares about trade war stuff... lol
At least we won't have any unconstitutional laws preventing us from having them.
Ceili

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 03:12 pm
@oralloy,
Ha ha ha. I'm pretty happy about that. Keep killing kids, it's what you're good at.
oralloy

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 03:13 pm
@Ceili,
I've never killed anyone.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 03:45 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
Ha ha ha. I'm pretty happy about that. Keep killing kids, it's what you're good at.

What a stupid thing to say.
Ceili

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 04:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Just responding to stupid. Plus, it's what you're known for. The rest of the world protects it's kids. You protect your guns.
Now that's stupid. lol
oralloy

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 04:45 pm
@Ceili,
Hardly stupid. Civil rights are a good thing to have.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 04:48 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
Plus, it's what you're known for.

And I would bet that is good enough for you, isn't it? You only sing in a chorus. And they tell what to sing.

The problem is not guns, the problem is pushy intolerant idiots have decided you cannot trust the American citizen to let them use them for a doormat. That being said, guns have to go.

Anyone with any sense knows the breakdown of the family and the loss of religion has turned out some beauties.
farmerman

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 06:23 pm
@coldjoint,
you seem to sing soprano for your chorus. You realize that all this BS about rights being crushed and minimal control on the insane, are all merely gambits to divert attention away from remembering that uncontrolled availability to guns IS THE ISSUE>!!

I said earlier(and often), in the US it will be a generational thing but guns will ultimately and reasonably be controlled , our rights will not be infringed, my hobby as a gun sportsman wont be affected, and murder rates on our kids will go down.

What I mostly see from the gun nuts is a whiney buncha clowns who do nothing but demonize those who disagree with them (as if a democracy means that everyon must march in goose step).
oralloy

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 06:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you seem to sing soprano for your chorus. You realize that all this BS about rights being crushed
No BS. Freedom haters really do want to violate our rights.

farmerman wrote:
and minimal control on the insane, are all merely gambits to divert attention away from remembering that uncontrolled availability to guns IS THE ISSUE>!!
Pointing out that it is wrong to violate civil rights is hardly a diversion when the subject is a proposal to violate those rights.

farmerman wrote:
I said earlier(and often), in the US it will be a generational thing but guns will ultimately and reasonably be controlled,
No. Future generations will love their freedom and defend it just as passionately as current and past generations.

farmerman wrote:
our rights will not be infringed, my hobby as a gun sportsman wont be affected,
Only because of those of us who defend the Second Amendment.

farmerman wrote:
and murder rates on our kids will go down.
I've not seen anyone propose a measure that would achieve that.

farmerman wrote:
What I mostly see from the gun nuts is a whiney buncha clowns who do nothing but demonize those who disagree with them (as if a democracy means that everyon must march in goose step).
Freedom haters are rightfully denounced for their opposition to civil rights.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 07:10 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
that uncontrolled availability to guns IS THE ISSUE>!!

That is what is called crime. Any guns obtained illegally.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 07:13 pm
Quote:

Look a few posts back. If that is not the hugest projection I have ever read. Your kind of government is in the UK or Germany, where it belongs.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 09:26 pm
@farmerman,
Hopefully future generations will be more concerned about their children than this generation.
Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:51 pm
@oralloy,
I'm deadly serious. You may not have children or grandchildren who are potentially casket bound because some other parents are frigging sloppy about keeping their guns locked up. But I'm an adult and a mother and grandmother, a daughter, wife and aunt and I accept my responsibilities just as my parents and grandparents did and I believe in keeping children safe from lunatics with guns....lunatics who assault them... and doing everything possible to allow them to grow into adulthood so they can have children if they wish and live an unmolested life. There are a whole shitload of civil rights that need to be protected, the 2nd amendment is safe but you know that, you just like to crybaby it up as if someone is coming to take your Daisy rifle away. Get off the computer for a few hours and educate yourself.
Below viewing threshold (view)
neptuneblue

Tue 12 Jun, 2018 04:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The Democrats aren't trying to implement safe storage standards. They are trying to pass laws that do nothing other than violate people's rights for fun.

I don't see your point of view. Asking for gun standards is not a 2nd amendment issue.

An 18 year old can waltz into a store and buy an AR-15 but not a pistol. There needs to be uniform age requirements for all weapons purchases. And background checks and waiting periods only apply to in-store purchases but not gun shows, flea markets or private sales. Again, uniformity in sales has to go beyond the NRA's reach into Congressional/Senatorial pockets.

oralloy

Tue 12 Jun, 2018 05:37 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The Democrats aren't trying to implement safe storage standards. They are trying to pass laws that do nothing other than violate people's rights for fun.
I don't see your point of view.
I'm saying that it is wrong for the Democrats to violate people's civil rights for fun.

neptuneblue wrote:
Asking for gun standards is not a 2nd amendment issue.

neptuneblue wrote:
An 18 year old can waltz into a store and buy an AR-15 but not a pistol. There needs to be uniform age requirements for all weapons purchases.
The only reason why there is a difference is because the Democrats argued that handguns are more dangerous and require a greater age to purchase them. If you want uniform age requirements, roll the handgun age back to 18.

If you think you're going to pull a trick where you raise the age for handguns because you say they are more dangerous, then turn around and raise the age of all the other guns because you say they are just as dangerous, then turn around and raise the age for handguns because you say they are more dangerous, then turn around and raise the age of all the other guns because you say they are just as dangerous, over and over again, I can tell you right now that we are not going to let that happen.

neptuneblue wrote:
And background checks and waiting periods only apply to in-store purchases but not gun shows, flea markets or private sales.
Any store that sells at a gun show or flea market is required to do a background check there.

There is a reason why the Clinton-era Democrats who passed the background check law did not include background checks for private sales. If anyone could call in a federal background check on anyone, that would be a massive invasion into the privacy of the American people.

There is now another reason why we cannot allow background checks for private sales. There is too much danger of the Democrats passing unconstitutional gun laws, so people need to be able to buy and sell guns without any government supervision.
neptuneblue

Tue 12 Jun, 2018 05:53 pm
@oralloy,
Things change, and with that, so do laws.

Clinton-era politics were just the start of high school shootings. I don't see a violation of anybody's rights by raising a minimum age to purchase weapons to 21. Legal consumption of alcohol is 21, why not for purchasing weapons?

The paranoia of "government supervision" on weapons sales feeds into the NRA's suspicion of Big Brother Is Coming For You, but driver's licenses, car tags or income tax does not?

This isn't a party line here, it's standardizing how sales are driven.