Emotionally bankrupt....what to do?

Lady J

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 02:39 pm
Fourteen inches of new snow and we are anxiously awaiting more news from you. Smile

You are NOT a terrible person in any sense of the word for wanting and deserving the love and companionship that make up a whole and healthy relationship.....

Keep us posted, Mikey!!
0 Replies

photoman

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:30 pm
New snow but no couselor yet....
Hi gang,

I'm still looking at a number of different counselors. I also just found out today that I'm going to Spain for probably six weeks for my job. They need my expertise over there for their navy. That should be a fun trip. And, being a photographer, you can rest assured that I'm bringing all of my camera equipment with me (except, of course my studio lights and the big stuff like that).

Yup, we got dumped on with snow on Tuesday. Wouldn't you know it, I get up and get ready for work, watch the news for cancellations, and they don't cancel my work. So, I drive in only to find my office dark and cold and I'm the only one there. As it turns out, while I was out shoveling the walk and warming up my Jeep, the news reported that they closed my office. Last time we had a huge storm they didn't close my office so I expected to go sit and work and do nothing all day, just like last time. Only last time we lost power to our building and they STILL didn't send us home. I was working nights at the time and so I sat in the dark for three hours thinking that maybe someone in management would have the testicular fortitude to make a decision to send us home. Nobody did so I said, "F*** it. I'm taking vacation time", and I left and went home. The storm outside was so bad as I drove home that I literally could not see the front end of my Jeep. I could see the glare of the headlights, which looked more like a flashlight in a pillow case, but, by golly, we just HAD to be at work. They said we needed to "support our customer." Well, our "customer" was at home in front of the fireplace while we sat in a cold building with no electricity. Let it be known that education and positional authority is NO INDICATOR OF INTELLIGENCE. Gawd.

Ok. Sorry for the rant. I better chill out before I have a bust a vessel in my head or something. Gosh, some stress relief would be nice right about now. Hmmmmmm.....that would mean sex. Oh wait! i don't do that anymore. DOH!

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. I'll be playing soldier at my national guard unit all weekend.

Take care.

Mikey
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:06 pm
Sympathy to photoman. I hope counselling will help, I really do. Good for you to make the decision.

Otherwise - I'm sorry to break into the thread as rudely as this - but Lady J, you wrote,
Quote:
I don't know what your wife's medical or mental situation is, but just to share a bit of my own fiance's wife's experiences, she was diagnosed a long time ago as bi-polar, schizophrenic, paranoid and delusional. She has twice attempted suicide, has never worked a day in her life....either outside the home or in the home. [..]

As you pointed out, children learn what they live and they learn about relationships from their parents primarily. Good or bad. I feel your concern about your children very much and with my fiance, that was finally a big motivating factor to finally leave the relationship. [..]

That must have been a tremendously difficult decision. What happened to her after that, do you know? Did they stay in contact? Did she find a way to take care of herself?

No need to answer if its too private/painful, of course.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:51 pm
I just found this thread and am amazed that there are still men like you out there. Damn!!! I've been looking for one like you all my life, sigh!!!

Nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say that I hope things work out for you.

(((Hugs)))
0 Replies

fos351

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:42 am
Nearly Identical relationship
Photoman, I feel your pain my situation is nearly exact to yours......no hugs, sex, talk of sex disgust her, its not her resposability to make me happy, she doesnt "need" me she justifies her actions of no intamacy, she makes me feel like a pervert and a freak because I want to have sex with her. when we do talk about it if I convince her that I need it she will try for about two days and quit and same ol same ol....we have had tradgedy I owned my own business our home burned we lost everything I went bankrupt because of that and other reasons, I feel lonley and when I even tease the idea of an other woman just to spurn her she freaks like I'm to stick to my vows but she doesnt have to fullfill hers...
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 10:12 am
nimh wrote:
Sympathy to photoman. I hope counselling will help, I really do. Good for you to make the decision.

Otherwise - I'm sorry to break into the thread as rudely as this - but Lady J, you wrote,
Quote:
I don't know what your wife's medical or mental situation is, but just to share a bit of my own fiance's wife's experiences, she was diagnosed a long time ago as bi-polar, schizophrenic, paranoid and delusional. She has twice attempted suicide, has never worked a day in her life....either outside the home or in the home. [..]

As you pointed out, children learn what they live and they learn about relationships from their parents primarily. Good or bad. I feel your concern about your children very much and with my fiance, that was finally a big motivating factor to finally leave the relationship. [..]

That must have been a tremendously difficult decision. What happened to her after that, do you know? Did they stay in contact? Did she find a way to take care of herself?

No need to answer if its too private/painful, of course.

Hey nimh....

Thank you for asking and thank you for waiting forever for me to reply. Also not wanting to break into Mikey's thread and detract from his situation... but aspects and recounts of others experiences do relate and I have no problem sharing.

"G", the ex wife is still around and still mad as hell. She was awarded custody of their son initially but for the past year and a half my fiance has been fighting to obtain sole custody with visitation allowed for her. Sadly, she has not been able to provide a stable, nurturing or supportive environment for their son (I'll call him "M") at all. There have been numerous continuances to the custody battle. Two attorney's have quit on her, citing that she is too unreasonable and irrational to work with. A third attorney had two brain aneurism's while working with her and had to quit for medical reasons. She now has a fourth attorney and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that this time the case will actually make it to trial on its scheduled date of mid July.

During all this time of continuances and delays, she has continued her pattern of drama after drama after drama, all attention seeking and all very emotional. Her perpetual physical "ailments" have her seeing no less than 18 doctors, 7 of which are psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors. She takes huge amounts of medications, including oxycontin for all of her pain....back pain mostly, but also migraine pain, knee pain, arm pain, hip pain, etc, etc, etc. Both her mother and her father have almost "died" at least three times each during the last 18 months. She read of someone dying of complications from asthma a few weeks back and spent 3 or 4 nights in a row dashing to the emergency room because she believed she was dying of asthma too although she has never had asthma in her life before.

She currently has their son, M on 9 different medications (he's only 11!) for allergies, asthma, ADHD, Acid Reflux Disease, eczema and god only knows what else. Sad During this past school year, he was either tardy or missed school altogether more than 40 times, because she either could not get herself out of bed in the morning to get him to the bus or she said he was too sick to go. One rare morning when M was actually getting breakfast at home, he was eating too fast and starting choking a bit (as we all have done from time to time, right?) and she kept him home from school because he might be sick.

She constantly fights with M, he tells his dad that he is always grounded when he's at his mom's house. One day M got tired of listening to her constantly yelling at him and he went into his bathroom and locked the door to get away from it. G kicked the door down, ripping it off its hinges in her anger. She bought M a cell phone (at 11) so she could keep in touch with him while he was visiting his dad. He lost the first phone so she bought him another and calls him sometimes up to a dozen times a day. She bad mouths his dad in front of and to M. M never looks forward to going back to his moms house after his visitations with dad and has asked his dad on numerous times if he could just stay with him. Luckily, he (M) will be able to speak to the judge one on one during the custody trial once it finally arrives.

God, I could go on an on and on, and I realize I haven't even answered your question directly at all. In a nutshell, no. She has not found a way to take care of herself. She is the consummate example of "Peter Pan" syndrome, she simply cannot grow up and face adulthood and needs someone to take care of her. That is being handled by her aging parents and her one sister who is very similar to her. Financially, she receives almost 2 grand a month in alimony and child support and is always asking for more. What she receives above and beyond that, I can only assume is provided by her folks.

We have no idea how she may react if she loses custody of M. We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Her odds of retaining custody don't look very promising at this time. I'll keep you posted as this progress if you like. If nothing else, it should be an interesting and possibly very sad ride.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 03:27 am
Wow, Lady J., thats quite a story. I'm sorry to hear of such tremendous travails. I had asked because initially, the story had seemed to touch on a personal consideration, but I can see now that the trouble your fiance's ex-wife is having (and you all are having with her) are beyond the worst I could have imagined. I wish you - and M, especially - all the best. <nods>
0 Replies