Valentine's Day: Yes or no?/Zane's A2K Dating Service

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 03:11 pm
Zane, I imagine it's cold comfort to hear all these married women say what a great date you would be. But it's better than us NOT saying what a great date you would be!

Actually, I met Mr. Kitten when he posted a newspaper ad seeking a mate. Have you tried this sort of thing, the internet and such? Er, maybe I'm just Assuming you're looking to meet a woman....
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 03:52 pm
It's my fault.

He's not gay.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:12 pm
Whoops! I didn't mean to imply I thought he was gay....I meant that not every man who is single is hot to meet women at the moment.
--------------------------
As for the Essential Chocolate sub-thread....even I don't like Hershey's bars. Blick!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:17 pm
Well, its kinda hard to avoid instinctively thinking he's gay with the avatar he has ... Razz
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:28 pm
nimh, and I thought that avatar was sexy! Ha!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:33 pm
That was amusing. Maybe he's a metrosexual. Zane, not Pim.

BK, my grandmother bribed me with Hershey Bars when I was practically still an infant.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:35 pm
It IS sexy. Or was...

<edit> The assassinated politician, not the Hershey's.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 06:40 pm
grumble grumble
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 08:51 am
What's wrong with you, love?
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:06 am
BorisKitten wrote:
Zane, I imagine it's cold comfort to hear all these married women say what a great date you would be. But it's better than us NOT saying what a great date you would be!

Actually, I met Mr. Kitten when he posted a newspaper ad seeking a mate. Have you tried this sort of thing, the internet and such? Er, maybe I'm just Assuming you're looking to meet a woman....

Lucky Mr. Kitten.

I haven't tried the dating websites. Yet. There is no shortage of women, but it 's hard to find the right one. I was in a long term relationship for...a long time.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:25 pm
Ah, then if you're not looking for a long-term relationship, you can say in your ad, "just looking for some light-hearted fun," or something of the sort. That's the whole joy of using the internet (or newspaper, or whatever) for dating... you can Say Up Front what you're looking for.... and you can pick & choose, and nobody even knows about it.

You in particular are certainly articulate enough to state your needs/desires without flinging out turn-offs by accident. Personally I think meeting people in the grocery store or in a basket-weaving class is way over-rated.

Speaking of Mr. Kitten, he's in the shed playing the guitar, angry at me because I don't yet have a job. I'm angry at him because he's angry at me over work. That's the whole fun & burden of long-term relationships: Life Intervenes. But you already know that.

And I wanted to raise my hand and say, "ooh, ooh, I know!" when you were grumbling... after all, we hardly know whether we're talking about chocolate, or whether you're gay, or cats, or how attractive you are. Or, that was what I thought.

If you want a date, why not have a date?
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:52 am
No, I do want a serious relationship.

Being busier at work than usual results in me doing a post & run, not always as articulate as I should be. Hold my place. I'll be back.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:01 am
Update. Valentine's Day is a few calender pages back, remnants of Easter candy linger in the 75% bin at the grocery store, and my life is still too complicated and simultaneously not complicated enough.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:40 pm
well, at least we have some mighty fine company in the club of us, spinsters.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:49 pm
<hiss>
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 07:51 am
You are beautiful women. Spinster is not an appropriate word.

Zane IS mighty and fine.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:06 pm
<sigh>

(What is a vampire planet?)
0 Replies