Valentine's Day: Yes or no?/Zane's A2K Dating Service

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 12:31 pm
I have always thought that kicky and littlek sort of had this thing going on.

<shrugs>

So what are you two waiting for, anyways? No time like Valentines Day. Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 12:37 pm
Doesn't Zane have dibs on l'k?
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 12:57 pm
kickycan wrote:
Now, is there some kind of dating fix-up going on in this thread for Valentine's day? Because I am in dire need of some love as soon as possible. And I'm not talkin' about wham bam thank you maam, nookie either. I'm talkin' Love, with the capital "L". The biggie. That all-time, forever, no-take-backs kind of love. Can somebody around here hook me up with that kind of thing?

Wish I could, Kicky!

Personally, I think any available woman reading this post would be All Over You.....and I seem to remember a photo of you (women pay attention) where you are simply adorable.....sorry if that's a male-ego problem, but yikes you were cute!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 01:02 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
So what are you two waiting for, anyways? No time like Valentines Day. Cool

Oh, you should talk! Laughing Thought you and Occom Bill were pretty hot, talk about what are you waiting for?????

C'mon, Brooke.....or should I just start that "B&B" thread we're always talking about?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 01:15 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Doesn't Zane have dibs on l'k?

Ohhhh I'm behind the times. Didn't know that. Embarrassed In that case....never mind, Kicky.

BorisKitten wrote:
Oh, you should talk! Thought you and Occom Bill were pretty hot, talk about what are you waiting for?????

C'mon, Brooke.....or should I just start that "B&B" thread we're always talking about?

Embarrassed

I think the difference here is that Kicky is making a plea for the "L" word. Bill isn't. But he's dang good at flirtin'. :wink:
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 01:18 pm
I dunno, Brooke, remember when he posted that little guy holding up his heart? And he posted that For You!

If that isn't making a Love Plea, I don't know what is!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 01:53 pm
excuse me, are you quite finished with pawning me off to the highest bidder?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:00 pm
Just getting started.

I think there may be more bidders in the wings, waiting for the numbers to level off.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:07 pm
Um, that reminds me of an article in today's New York Times, on The New Arranged Marriage....
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:10 pm
Osso, what's The New Arranged Marriage?

LittleK, I must have missed the bids....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:16 pm
work with me - I'm sick.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:19 pm
LittleK, hopefully you mean just sick-in-the-head like the rest of us, not sick as in flu-sick!

Whoops....I mean sick-in-the-head like ME....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:20 pm
well, in the head and cold-sick. it's not bad, but it makes me dopier than usual.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:22 pm
Quote:
Do you remember the moment in Hitchcock's "Notorious" when Ingrid Bergman realizes she's being poisoned? The Mata Hari is a Cognac drink that generates disturbing and indefinable suspicion after the first few innocuous sips. The agent revealed was vermouth infused with chai tea ingredients. Employees Only makes several of its own original blends of bar ingredients, including lavender gin and a house bitters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/13/fashion/13SHAK.html

Lavender gin!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:35 pm
I bet lavender gin would make great basil gimlets! casablanca, a restaurant/bar in harvard square answers the mohito with basil gimlet. It's gin, basil leaf, sugar shacken and strained into a martini glass with a wedge of lemon. Very tasty. With lavender gin..... yeah, I bet that'd be great.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:36 pm
The New Arranged Marriage is an article about three Matchmakers in Manhattan - it goes on and on for pages (10, online, took me awhile to read it, fascinating..)
Two of the three matchmakers charge a client either ten or twenty thousand dollars to set him up with a match they select with an eye to marriage.

Edit to add link - for those who don't mind registering at the NYT -
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/13/magazine/13MATCHMAKING.html?th
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:38 pm
wowsa!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:41 pm
Is that all?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:42 pm
Do they get their money back if they don't make it? Or get divorced?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:44 pm
I don't think so.

Seems just the ticket for our Kicky...
(not)
0 Replies