Alternately: Zane needs a woman.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,660 • Replies: 176
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 01:32 pm
I don't have a sweetie, I did help my neice make valentines for her parents and grandparents. When in relationships, I don't really care much either way, though I do love chocolate.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:01 pm
I liked Valentine's Day more as a child...bringing cards and candy to school, making valentines for people. As I grew up, Valentine's Day seemed silly and fake.

I'm a cynical bitch, but I love the chocolate.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:02 pm
Oh, I wondered if that word would get asterisked by the rodents.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:39 pm
When I'm seeing someone special, it's dinner, flowers, chocolate, occasionally jewelry. Otherwise, eh, who cares? But something for me mum, of course.

Hey there littlek. :wink:
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:29 pm
[Revised subject matter]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:37 pm
Not into it.
Don't like chocolate much.
Allergic to most flowers.
The lad's kinda into it.
Oh well.
0 Replies

Krysia

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:47 pm
I voted for "Not important for me". I would go along with any plans my fiance had, though. I've never celebrated Valentine's Day after grade school, even though I almost always had a boyfriend for the holiday*. Wink I just don't care about it at all.

edit: *in high school! I didn't have interest in boys till I was 15. I wasn't dating at age 12 or anything! Just thought I'd clear that up.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:51 pm
no lad this year. i am kinda into it though when there is a lad. nutin wrong with a nice candle-lit dinner.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:56 pm
I understand that in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong) that on Feb 14th women give the men in their life chocolate; and that on March 14th men return the favor.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:58 pm
I'll check my Banana Yoshimoto books! I've heard that before, somewhere.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:16 pm
OMG! Zane, you're so coy!

Valentines Day has a special place for me for a couple of reasons:

1. First year of college my grandma came by my dorm to pick me up for lunch and shopping during the first week of Feb. I saw the fancy heart shaped boxes of chocolates and said "I wish someone loved me."(sigh) Grandma said "Someone DOES love you!" I said "No, I mean REALLY love me. You know, a guy." We moved along. On Valentines Day, I returned to my dorm after class and was stopped at the front desk. A beautiful large light blue heart shaped box of chocolates was handed to me. Inside the card it said "From someone who REALLY loves you!"

Signed,

Grandpa

2. My daughter was born 8 minutes into Valentines Day in 1989. It's been her day since then, and I gladly take a back seat. The week before her 4th birthday we took a walk around the neighborhood. She said "Look, Mommy. Everyone is decorating for my birthday!" I said "Yes, they sure are. Isn't that wonderful!" By the time she was 6 she had discovered crab legs, so she and Bear got all dressed up and went on a "date." Bear said he had no idea where she put three plates of crablegs when she barely weighed in at 50 lbs.

Monday she turns Sweet 16. <Sigh> She doesn't know it yet, but Bear is taking her out for crablegs. When they get home all of her friends will be here, the house will be decorated, and in addition to other entertinment, they will have princess style horse and carriage rides .

Bear and I might sneak in a ride, too. In a couple of years I'll reclaim Valentines Day. Until then, it's all hers.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:24 pm
( sigh )
I knew there was a reason you and the bear seemed so wonderful. Crableggs and a carriage? :-) great story !

(( i almost dont want to follow THAT story with mine but here goes...)))

Im only in to valentines day for the sex.
I tell mr wolf , dont bother with candies and cards.. no need to boost hallmarks stock on the account of me. Just remind me you love me and that is enough.
off to bed we go. HA!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:29 pm
Weeeeellllll, I wasn't gonna say anything here about my plan for sex in the carriage!
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:30 pm
Ugh!! I've never been much of a fan (not being the kinda girl who gets a lot of cards... Razz) and since i've grown up the whole commercial aspect just annoys me - i mean at Christmas or Birthday you can buy the boyf something that he really wants - but on Feb 14th it has to be romantic - and what if you're just not a romantic person?! I think my ex sealed it for me - he refused to celebrate it at all, and now i'm really struggling to pull it together for the current object of my affection Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:51 pm
Chocolate? I am supposed to get chocolate? Lol!

I think it is dumb - another commercial bit of crap designed to make people buy stuff - or feel mildly guilty if they don't. But if folk enjoy it, well, let 'em.

Heehee - at one stage, for a few years, a group of us used to get together and write elaborate satirical Valentines for our male friends.

They were collectors' items for a while there!

Lots of the fellas STILL don't know who did 'em.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:53 pm
Lol!!! I just wrote that, then got a Valentine's Card in my email!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 05:56 pm
I enjoy any holiday; it's a chance to do something special for family and friends on most of them.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 06:32 pm
Mr B and I enjoy dinner out alone on the 13th. We usually have the restaurant to ourselves because everyone is waiting until the next night to go out. We started doing this a few years ago once our girls were old enough to stay home alone for a few hours.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 06:53 pm
Zane wrote:
Hey there littlek. :wink:

Hmmm, I thought you and Cinn were an item.....
0 Replies