Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:30 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oralloy wrote:
farmerman wrote:
Is the NRA imploding??

No.

Yes on several fronts.

Don't be silly. The NRA is still perfectly able to prevent the left from violating our civil liberties.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 08:51 am
@oralloy,
I remember when I was an NRA member it was an outfit that had a real purpose. Now that it seems to be associated with alleged criminal activities, I think its going to have its investigative schedules filled for a few years. I predict they will declare bankruptcy in order to save their assets remaining.
Its usually the way that corrupt organizations try to initiate some degree of self preservation.

I dont speak with any proclamation of authority as you seem to do, but dont try to convince folks that you know what youre talking about when you obviously are guessing.
OBTW I was invited into Mensa years ago, but I quit less than a few months in because at last 1/2 of the folks I met there were pompous airheads whose big accomplishment in life was to choose their parents properly.

oralloy

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 09:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I remember when I was an NRA member it was an outfit that had a real purpose.

Protecting our civil liberties is a real purpose.

farmerman wrote:
Now that it seems to be associated with alleged criminal activities,

I've seen no evidence of this.

farmerman wrote:
I think its going to have its investigative schedules filled for a few years.

Does the NRA have an investigative schedule?

farmerman wrote:
I predict they will declare bankruptcy in order to save their assets remaining.

If necessary, sure. But I see no reason why it will be necessary.

farmerman wrote:
Its usually the way that corrupt organizations try to initiate some degree of self preservation.

It is the way that any organization preserves itself from financial ruin.

farmerman wrote:
I dont speak with any proclamation of authority as you seem to do, but dont try to convince folks that you know what youre talking about when you obviously are guessing.

Predicting whether any organization will survive is a guess.

Saying that the United States will still exist tomorrow is a guess.

Saying that the world will still exist tomorrow is a guess.

But they are pretty safe guesses.

There is no reason to think that the NRA is in any danger. So it is safe to guess that they will still be here tomorrow.

In fact, probably the two biggest dangers to the NRA will be if the United States ceases to exist or the entire world ceases to exist. And like I said, these two dangers have a pretty low probability.

So maybe there is a minute chance that some horrible wave of destruction will come rolling through the universe and wipe out humanity this afternoon. But if that doesn't happen, count on the NRA still being here to protect our civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 09:19 am
@oralloy,
You just proved my point. Sorry about your terrible memory loss.
oralloy

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 09:29 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oralloy wrote:
My memory is nearly perfect.
Go ahead and try to point out even one of these supposed instances of people pointing out my errors. Or even just point out one of the errors. Whichever is easiest.
You will not be able to do so since it never happened.

You just proved my point.

No. I invited you to back up your point.

As I predicted, you could not point out a single case to back up your claims.

MontereyJack wrote:
Sorry about your terrible memory loss.

I can always back up everything that I remember with actual cites of the posts in question.

You can't back up any of your claims with a single cite.

Go ahead and link to some of these events that you claim happened, where I was wrong and/or people showed that I was wrong.

The thread is only ten pages deep. Finding these supposed events, if they happened, should be no trouble at all.

You can't and you won't. Because they never happened.
Real Music

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 11:16 am
Does the NRA Represent Gun Owners or Manufacturers?

"Throughout its 142-year history, the National Rifle Association has portrayed
itself as an advocate for the individual gun owner's Second Amendment rights.
In turn, the NRA relied on those gun owners, especially its 4 million or so
members, to pressure lawmakers into carrying out its anti-gun control
agenda."

The NRA is attempting to deny an affiliation with gun or ammunition
manufacturers, saying they're fighting gun control on behalf of gun owners.
Large sums of money say otherwise.

Published January 11, 2013
oralloy

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 11:23 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Does the NRA Represent Gun Owners or Manufacturers?

The NRA represents gun owners. Manufacturers are represented by the NSSF.

Manufacturers have no objection to assault weapon bans. Gun owners object to having their civil liberties violated.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 11:45 am
@oralloy,
Don't you ever get tired of posting your utter nonsense over and over again?
oralloy

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 11:50 am
@MontereyJack,
I don't get tired of defending civil liberties.

That the left thinks that civil liberties are nonsense is reason to reelect Mr. Trump.
MontereyJack

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 12:23 pm
@oralloy,
You're losing the argument. And you'll keep on losing support as long as your oint of view results on mass violations of Americans' civil rights thru murder every year. Find an argument that doesn't result in thousands of deaths and you might see more r erosion of your support every election and every year, Vote Trump out. Vote for democracy and an end to corruption and federal crime.
oralloy

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 12:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You're losing the argument.

What argument? The only thing we're doing is preventing you from violating people's civil liberties for fun.

We're going to keep doing that.

MontereyJack wrote:
your point of view results in mass violations of Americans' civil rights thru murder every year.

Don't be silly. Preventing you from banning pistol grips on rifles does not violate anyone's civil rights. Nor does it cause any murders.

All it does is prevent you from having fun by violating people's civil liberties for no reason.

MontereyJack wrote:
Find an argument that doesn't result in thousands of deaths

Preventing you from banning pistol grips on rifles does not result in any deaths at all.

MontereyJack wrote:
erosion of your support every election and every year,

Our support is just fine in rural districts.

MontereyJack wrote:
Vote Trump out.

No. He prevents you from violating our civil liberties.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 05:20 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
count on the NRA still being here to protect our civil liberties.
You dooo know the concept of marketing by superlatives dont you?? NRA is a "marketing institution" plain and simple. Their recent sales pitch (since 1972) has focused on how they protect your (meaning their) civil rights.

You are just one of their rubes.

Are you enjoying OCD?

oralloy

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You dooo know the concept of marketing by superlatives dont you?? NRA is a "marketing institution" plain and simple.

Nope. The NRA defends our civil liberties.

That's why you are so unhappy with them. You want to violate our civil liberties and the NRA won't let you do that.

farmerman wrote:
Their recent sales pitch (since 1972) has focused on how they protect your (meaning their) civil rights.

Civil liberties apply to all Americans. This includes me.

farmerman wrote:
You are just one of their rubes.

No, I'm someone whose civil liberties you are being prevented from violating.

farmerman wrote:
Are you enjoying OCD?

Leftists get childish when they are prevented from violating people's civil liberties.
glitterbag

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 11:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Don't you ever get tired of posting your utter nonsense over and over again?

I don't think he does......I suspect it makes him feel important. Go figure.
oralloy

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:19 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I don't think he does......

That leftists refer to civil liberties and freedom as nonsense is a big reason why people vote for Mr. Trump.

glitterbag wrote:
I suspect it makes him feel important. Go figure.

Since leftists hate civil liberties and freedom just as much as their 9/11 terrorist buddies hate civil liberties and freedom, it would never occur to a leftist that the reason why someone defends civil liberties and freedom is merely because they like civil liberties and freedom.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:21 am
@oralloy,
A I said several timws , I was an NRA member and I had been with my Dad and had my son a member also. We quit kind of in disgust when it completely changed its "market plan" from sporting, hunting, as well as protection, and became the self annointed " protectors of our gun rights" (actually , this was another way of merely saying "TAKING ON A MANTLE OF CIVIL RIGHTS WE CAN SELL EVEN MORE GUNS" . So as the lickspittle of the gun industry (a fact that the NRA never ever denied), the NRA has rounded up and sold their marketing plan of deceit and youve unquestioningly bought- in to their methods and have blindly supported how they stand in the way of reasonable gun regulations . You seem to confuse "Shall not be infringed" with banishment and youre wrong headed.

I really hope they go down in flames and organizations not associated ith NRA BS will go back to sports and safety in the field and as carry rules. Our local gun target range "gun club" hs disassociated itself with the NRA and has gotten resounding support from members. They've linked up with two other organizations that are associated with gun-safety and Conservation not the fear-mongering of the fascist NRA
oralloy

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 05:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
A I said several timws , I was an NRA member and I had been with my Dad and had my son a member also. We quit kind of in disgust when it completely changed its "market plan" from sporting, hunting, as well as protection, and became the self annointed " protectors of our gun rights"

Leftists find civil liberties disgusting. That's one reason why people vote for Mr. Trump.

farmerman wrote:
actually , this was another way of merely saying "TAKING ON A MANTLE OF CIVIL RIGHTS WE CAN SELL EVEN MORE GUNS". So as the lickspittle of the gun industry (a fact that the NRA never ever denied),

Come now. That's just silly. The gun industry has never objected to civil liberties violations.

The gun industry doesn't care if guns are unconstitutionally restricted, because they make just as much profit selling guns either way.

farmerman wrote:
the NRA has rounded up and sold their marketing plan of deceit

No deceit. They say that they protect our civil liberties, and that is exactly what they do.

farmerman wrote:
and youve unquestioningly bought-in to their methods and have blindly supported

As a gun rights activist, I am quite well acquainted with the actions and motives of gun rights activists. I'm not blind to anything.

That's why I am so easily able to dismiss delusional nonsense like that stuff about acting on behalf of gun manufacturers.

farmerman wrote:
how they stand in the way of reasonable gun regulations.

There is nothing reasonable about you violating people's civil liberties for fun.

farmerman wrote:
You seem to confuse "Shall not be infringed" with banishment and youre wrong headed.

Defending civil liberties is neither wrongheaded nor the result of confusion.

It does, however, raise the ire of those who wanted to have some fun violating people's civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
I really hope they go down in flames

People who want to violate civil liberties for fun always wish for the demise of groups that defend civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
and organizations not associated ith NRA BS will go back to sports and safety in the field and as carry rules.

Only leftists think that civil liberties are BS. Americans actually like having civil liberties.

If an organization is already not associated with defending civil liberties though, why would they need to "go back" to that?

It is generally not necessary to go back to a place if you are already at that place.

farmerman wrote:
Our local gun target range "gun club" hs disassociated itself with the NRA and has gotten resounding support from members. They've linked up with two other organizations that are associated with gun-safety and Conservation

"Leftist gun owners who want to see people deprived of their guns" would make an interesting psychological study.

I bet the root of the phenomena is a deep denial that makes these leftists think that they are special and will be exempted from the gun bans that they want to impose on everyone else.

Newsflash: the gun banners will come for your guns at the same time that they come for everyone else's.

farmerman wrote:
not the fear-mongering

Your demand to violate people's civil liberties, and your anger at being prevented from violating people's civil liberties, show very clearly that there is no fearmongering. It's all very real.

farmerman wrote:
of the fascist NRA

Characterizing the NRA as fascist is just silly.

Fascists oppose civil liberties.
You oppose civil liberties.
The NRA supports civil liberties.

Fascists characterize the violation of civil liberties as reasonable.
You characterize the violation of civil liberties as reasonable.
The NRA characterizes the violation of civil liberties as a horrible atrocity.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 07:37 am
@farmerman,
If the NRA was to go down in flames it would be a good day. I am encouraged by your account of how your local gun target range has handled itself with the NRA. It gives me hope; for sure congress gives me no hope.

I am hoping that they (congress) will at least start to look at domestic shootings/violence as terrorism such as the past weekend synagogue shooting. There is talk of it, but I don't hold out much hope of it coming to pass, even if it did, doubt Trump would sign off on it.
revelette1

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 08:01 am
@revelette1,
I meant "for sure congress gives me no hope." One of the times my habit of leaving out words mattered. I came back to read it and realized my error; but left it too long to edit.
oralloy

Mon 29 Apr, 2019 08:07 am
@revelette1,
It looks to me like the word is present in your sentence.