My nose won't stop bleeding.

JPB

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:28 am
take advil (ibuprofin) for hangovers.

I worked in a blood donor center for ages. Every January we lost tons of blood donors because their liver enzymes were elevated indicating liver damage. When we called them to counsel them most of them had been taking Tylenol to recover from their New Year's fests.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:28 am
Kicky, have you been taking any aspirin? If you have, then stop immediately.

My sis was taking one aspirin a day, but it was a 325mg. tablet not the recommended dose of 81mg.). Last winter she had a nose bleed that lasted several hours and eventually had to go the emergency room to have it stopped. Scary stuff.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:31 am
Two aspirin destroy your platelets which you need to stop bleeding. About 10% of your platelets are removed/replaced daily by your body so one dose of aspirin can affect your platelet function for up to 10 days.

Sorry to butt in but I was a blood banker for about 15 years.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:35 am
I never take aspirin. In fact, I hardly ever take any pills at all, except multivitamins. If I have a headache, which is rare, I'll usually take Advil. But I haven't taken an Advil in about six months, so it has nothing to do with that.

My hangover cure is to drink a huge glass of orange juice right before I go to sleep. That's all I need.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:37 am
check your blood pressure

just in case

(should I be throwing that into every thread I see you on?)

please
0 Replies

kickycan

J_B wrote:
Two aspirin destroy your platelets which you need to stop bleeding. About 10% of your platelets are removed/replaced daily by your body so one dose of aspirin can affect your platelet function for up to 10 days.

Sorry to butt in but I was a blood banker for about 15 years.

J_B, why do you feel like you're butting in? The thread is about blood and bleeding, after all...
0 Replies

kickycan

ehBeth wrote:
check your blood pressure

just in case

(should I be throwing that into every thread I see you on?)

please

I will!!!

eventually
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:40 am
like a man...

he'll have it checked when he's laying in the emergecy room. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:40 am
kickycan wrote:

J_B, why do you feel like you're butting in? The thread is about blood and bleeding, after all...

oh, I thought it was about tampons!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:44 am
Kicky, once you get the bleeding stopped, try vaseline (yep, right up your nose). Don't worry, it ain't gonna kill ya. And it will help heal the bad spot. Works for me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:44 am
Hey kicky!

is this a not too scary neighbourhood?

7 East 27th Street New York, NY 10016
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:49 am
I don't really know that exact address, but it's near Fifth Avenue....about five blocks North of the flatiron building...not too far from Macy's...yeah, that area is totally unscary.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:51 am
cjhsa wrote:
Kicky, once you get the bleeding stopped, try vaseline (yep, right up your nose). Don't worry, it ain't gonna kill ya. And it will help heal the bad spot. Works for me.

I like that idea. Reminds me of something a boxer would do. I think I'll do that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:55 am
the vaseline was a reco at that 911 site as well

definitely do it

thanks kicky. mulling over the two finalists in the NYC hotel stakes. 2 booking windows open ....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:57 am
http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec19/ch221/ch221e.html?qt=nose%20bleed&alt=sh

This article points out that you shouldn't be picking your nose. <raised eyebrows> You aren't doing that, are ya?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 12:12 pm
ehBeth wrote:
thanks kicky. mulling over the two finalists in the NYC hotel stakes. 2 booking windows open ....

Where's the other one?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 12:14 pm
Piffka wrote:
http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec19/ch221/ch221e.html?qt=nose%20bleed&alt=sh

This article points out that you shouldn't be picking your nose. <raised eyebrows> You aren't doing that, are ya?

Of course I do! Of course, I don't go in there all fired up and digging like when I was a little kid, but yeah, sometimes you have to get in there and dig a little...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 12:30 pm
That's one of the best parts of being married...being able to pick your nose when you gotta without being self conscious about it. Just go a diggin'... Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 12:32 pm
Okay, so who else is willing to admit that they pick their nose? Come on, fess up, people!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 12:39 pm
I pick it when I gotta.
0 Replies