ehBeth wrote:
http://logo.cafepress.com/5/763393.153665.jpg

this might make a nice kinda avatar for right now

Cool

Hmmmm...interesting idea. Maybe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 05:58 pm
sub the lollipop for the ciggie? in colour?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 09:48 pm
Back to the quitting crutches - I worked at a bar while I quit. I chews drink stirers, toothpicks and drank soda, which I don't usually do.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:36 pm
sub kicky for a lollipop?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:38 pm
Oooh, I bet that would help him quit.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:01 am
Sub Dag for a Werther's?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:06 am
kickycan wrote:
Sub Dag for a Werther's?

The bottle, hand me the bottle - he's babbling!!
0 Replies

enjaytee

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:21 pm
Nose Bleeds
try SEAL.ON NASAL SPONGES ... Ask your drug store or google they will stop your bleeding!

noel
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:32 pm
Thanks, enjaytee! I'll look into it.

So Dag, are you offering to make me into a Kickypop? I hope so. I really think I could quit if I had that as an incentive. Otherwise, I might not have the will power. I'm counting on you, Dag.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:53 pm
How's your bp (literally or figuratively) today, Kicky?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:56 pm
bp=blood pressure?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:58 pm
yup
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:02 pm
Remember the little blood pressure/work stress discussion at the beginning of this thread, lollipopMan?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:06 pm
Yeah, yeah...actually, I feel pretty calm today. I haven't had a nose bleed since that night I started this thread.

Oh, and another thing about the smoking...there is a new freelance woman who is now working pretty close to me, and she has the most disgusting phlegm-filled smoker's hack that I've ever heard. And she coughs constantly. It sounds like a death rattle. Poor woman. That is making me feel really good about my decision to quit.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:09 pm
Enjaytee's post reminded me what started this thread and the suggestion to have your bp checked (that's the literal question) along with yesterday's soul-sucking day (that's the figurative question) prompted a little health check. So, how's it going?

edit: never mind, Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:11 pm
I haven't gotten anything checked, so literally, who knows how my blood pressure is. But no more nose bleeds is a good sign, right?

Figuratively, I'm feeling fine today. Not much soul-sucking going on...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:13 pm
Yum, nothing like a little phlegm-filled sound effect to brighten your day.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 06:26 pm
kicky, they're not always reliable, but you can check your BP at some pharmacies. Why not have a doc appointment?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:50 pm
See you doc for a check-up/out. A lot of people have high BP and just don't know about it, because there aren't any symptoms (myself, for one). And have yourself checked for bowel cancer (they just look for occulted blood in the stool). Get them to heck out your prostate too....... I don't know if you need it, but you can think about how much nicer you could have been to all of us as the nurse snaps on those gloves and screams 'Clear!! I'm going in!!'
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:05 pm
Jesus, Stillwater! Please! Control yourself man! Gross!

I remember the last time I had my blood pressure checked, it was pretty low...that was when I lived in Florida though. At least 7 years ago.

Littlek, I don't want to go to the doctor, basically because I just don't feel like it. It's just such a pain in the ass to go. I guess that would be literally true if I took Stilly's advice, and who needs that? Plus, I'd have to get up early to do that! No thank you!
0 Replies