The Perfect Moment

kickycan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:35 pm
BorisKitten wrote:
Gosh, other married folks don't have Those Moments any more? I do, and I can only suppose DH shares them, what with being there and all.

You know, you're just playing, having fun, then suddenly you look at each other and feel like you're in a romantic movie, leaning towards one another....so slowly....and the bonus is, he knows just how I want to be kissed.

After 11 years we still have Those Moments, maybe every month or 2. Really, isn't this part of being married? Duh, I thought so....

Yes, maybe they happen in sort of the same way, but they aren't the same. This is the one thing that all my married friends, if they're honest, admit that they miss about single life. The not knowing is the thing. The mystery, and the newness can't be duplicated, no matter how you try. I'm not saying that your moments aren't also exciting and romantic (who knows? they might even be better, for all I know), but it is not the same as that first moment with someone new.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:48 pm
Amen...to that!

Quote:
The not knowing is the thing. The mystery, and the newness can't be duplicated, no matter how you try.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:56 pm
Ditto here. My hubby and I used to play this game. We'd meet at a bar for drinks and pretend that we didn't know each other. That was fun for a while. We don't meet at bars anymore. I suppose I could meet him at the door and pretend he's the UPS man.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Ditto here. My hubby and I used to play this game. We'd meet at a bar for drinks and pretend that we didn't know each other. That was fun for a while. We don't meet at bars anymore. I suppose I could meet him at the door and pretend he's the UPS man.

Brown knee socks and all?

or just brown knee socks???
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:58 pm
Well, it's pretty cold outside. Maybe I'll make him keep the brown knee socks on...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
I married an UPS man...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:50 pm
So do you meet him at the door and pretend he's the plumber?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:58 pm
Or the Milkman!

If it was the Milkman I know...lol, I'd take him...HA
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 04:47 pm
How come there are no UPS girls? Maybe it's because UPS is pronounced OOPS.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 04:54 pm
My marriage did turn out to be an Oops with an UPS... (it took a while).
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:05 pm
kickycan wrote:
BorisKitten wrote:
Gosh, other married folks don't have Those Moments any more? I do, and I can only suppose DH shares them, what with being there and all.

You know, you're just playing, having fun, then suddenly you look at each other and feel like you're in a romantic movie, leaning towards one another....so slowly....and the bonus is, he knows just how I want to be kissed.

After 11 years we still have Those Moments, maybe every month or 2. Really, isn't this part of being married? Duh, I thought so....

Yes, maybe they happen in sort of the same way, but they aren't the same. This is the one thing that all my married friends, if they're honest, admit that they miss about single life. The not knowing is the thing. The mystery, and the newness can't be duplicated, no matter how you try. I'm not saying that your moments aren't also exciting and romantic (who knows? they might even be better, for all I know), but it is not the same as that first moment with someone new.

I think I don't miss those moments only because I married so late (35). I was glad to be done forever with Not Knowing...however, I have found Knowing to be much less predictable than I would have thought! Laughing

No need to duplicate any newness, people change all the time, and in many ways are Always New. No matter how well you think you know them, you just don't. But maybe I'm the only married person on earth who feels this way!?

If I'd married younger, particularly in my 20's, I'd have missed the newness thing Big Time!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 05:44 pm
I remember my very first kiss, and how terrified I was
that the guy could notice of me having no experience at all.
I guess I was around 16 years old, at a church party (of all
places) and my long awaited, anticipated, and in front of the mirror practiced kiss just happened.

While dancing with an older classmate, he just came closer
and closer and before I could react, he planted his kiss
on me, forced his tongue into my mouth and there I was
enjoying my very first kiss. Luckily for me, he was quite
experienced and knew what to do, so all I needed to do, is
play along Wink
0 Replies