The Perfect Moment

kickycan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:49 am
JL, I tend to agree with Kristie here, but that might be only because I have never EVER been absolutely confident in that situation. I don't even know if that's possible.

Maybe you are just making the point that there is no such thing as the perfect moment. Is that what you're saying?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:50 am
There is no perfect moment...that's why it is so fun to have the uncertaintiy and anticipation.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:52 am
Kristie, when kissing is performed as a form of "fun", of recreation, then one must, of course, take the "adventure" of kissing (around) light-heartedly. That's fine, and it is fun. We have to take chances when we do adventure. That's true by definition. What I was talking about was the PERFECT kiss (at the perfect moment), and that, by definition, is a profoundly romantic event that requires perfect conditions. I grant you that one mustn't be too perfectionistic about this. That could promote paralysis. Hey, you can kiss me anytime. Just for fun.

You are a girl, I trust.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:00 pm
Oh, there ARE perfect moments, and they are "perfect" (not absolutely but sufficiently) in part because they create confidence (on both sides). I don't say that we should only make our moves when the moment is perfect. I'm just talking about the nature of the "perfect moment" (the formal topic of this thread) when it occurs.
I'm ALL for fun and flirtation.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:04 pm
Laughing Yes, I am a girl.

I agree that you can have a perfect moment, as far as perfect in this world can go....meaning, the right person, the right music, the right lighting.....

I thought you meant that just "going for it" was silly. I see what you mean now. That the "perfect moment" is one where everything just falls into place. No bad breath or worrying.

I can jive with you there.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:06 pm
By the way, it is possible that we choke because we think of the first kiss as some kind of audition. It should be seen, I think, as a gift, as a gesture of appreciation, affection, and passion. If someone rejects your kiss it's like someone rejecting a compliment or a gift. Their loss. I am never so self-confident, however, that I would give a sensual kiss to someone who has not indicated (tacitly or explicitly) that she would like to be kissed.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:10 pm
JLNobody wrote:
By the way, it is possible that we choke because we think of the first kiss as some kind of audition. It should be seen, I think, as a gift, as a gesture of appreciation, affection, and passion. If someone rejects your kiss it's like someone rejecting a compliment or a gift. Their loss. I am never so self-confident, however, that I would give a sensual kiss to someone who has not indicated (tacitly or explicitly) that she would like to be kissed.

Well, yeah....no one would just go in for the kill with someone who has been sending "I think your nice but...." signals all night. What I'm talking about is the first kiss after some time (an hour, 4 hours, 4 dates, whatever) of flirting and hinting and anticipation. But not so much time that it's expected. A first kiss shouldn't be expected. It should be a spontanous thing.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:15 pm
Kicky, you throw a great party. It was an inspiration to invite Kristie. Sorry I crashed it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:17 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Kicky, you throw a great party. It was an inspiration to invite Kristie. Sorry I crashed it.

Say what? No crashing allowed. Now grab a beer and sit down. Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:18 pm
Yeah, what Kristie said. There's no such thing as a party crasher at my parties. All are welcome.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:28 pm
Oh, and everyone at Kicky's parties is required to take their shoes off (and their pants) at the door.

Makes for a much more inviting environment. :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:34 pm
Sounds great.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:37 pm
Gosh, other married folks don't have Those Moments any more? I do, and I can only suppose DH shares them, what with being there and all.

You know, you're just playing, having fun, then suddenly you look at each other and feel like you're in a romantic movie, leaning towards one another....so slowly....and the bonus is, he knows just how I want to be kissed.

After 11 years we still have Those Moments, maybe every month or 2. Really, isn't this part of being married? Duh, I thought so....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:39 pm
BorisKitten wrote:
Gosh, other married folks don't have Those Moments any more? I do, and I can only suppose DH shares them, what with being there and all.

You know, you're just playing, having fun, then suddenly you look at each other and feel like you're in a romantic movie, leaning towards one another....so slowly....and the bonus is, he knows just how I want to be kissed.

After 11 years we still have Those Moments, maybe every month or 2. Really, isn't this part of being married? Duh, I thought so....

I still get the tingly bottom when my hubby kisses me. It shouldn't go away completely. Ever. My grandparents have been married 60 years!! and they still hold hands so I know they still have the romance.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:44 pm
BorisKitten wrote:

No, the good kissing and the good, ahem, lovin' doesn't go away. Just that anticipation and fluttery feeling of the first kiss with a new love interest. It helps if you don't know a hell of a whole lot about the person. It's the excitement of someone new. I don't know, maybe I was a man in a past life, but I really miss kissing strangers.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:48 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I don't know, maybe I was a man in a past life, but I really miss kissing strangers.

Hm, me too. At least that feeling. The chase. You know, the I-can't-have-you-so-I-am-gonna-take-you-anyway-and-make-you-want-me-even-if-it is-wrong scenario.

Laughing
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:54 pm
You know, I don't miss this at all. I suspect it's because I didn't get married until I was 35!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:16 pm
Forbidden kisses are the best kisses. It was customary for everyone to give everyone a kiss on New Year's Eve, especially in the music business.
Some guy with silver hair laid one on me that I will always remember.

In the dating game, I had an older man tell me:

Letty, I have never kissed a girl before. Would you like to be the first?

Can you believe that I bought that bit?

But really, folks. The best part of the music is the prelude to a kiss.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
Really? I thought it was prelude to an afternoon of a faun!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:00 pm
Laughing Osso, that's the oddest thing, cause classical composers have been popping up all day long. Actually this was the song that I was thinking of:

If you hear
A song in blue
Like a flower crying
For the dew
That was my heart serenading you
My prelude to a kiss

If you hear a song that grows
From my tender sentimental woes
That was my heart trying to compose
A prelude to a kiss

Though it's just a simple melody
With nothing fancy