The Perfect Moment

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:18 pm
Do you know the moment I'm talking about? You are out with somebody new, and you're getting close, you're starting to feel comfortable...or it could be a friend, someone you've known for a long time...

...and it happens...that moment when you are just talking and hanging out, just enjoying each other's company, and suddenly you look at each other and there is that silence...and your eyes lock, and everything changes, and the mutual chemistry compels you to move in, oblivious to anything but that person in front of you, and the pull of the kiss that you are about to share begins to bring your mouths slowly together...

...and you blow it! You say something awkward and idiotic or laugh or look away nervously, because you are too afraid, or you're too self-conscious or insecure...you just choke.

Is there anything more embarrassing and awkward than that moment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,973 • Replies: 91
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:42 pm
I don't know, Kicky. But it sounds like this just happened to you?? Confused
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:46 pm
Naaah.

Actually, I just saw the move "Sideways" last night, and there was a scene that depicted that moment so perfectly that I actually felt pain in my gut when it happened. Oh, man that hurts!

Just rememberin'...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:47 pm
Un huh. Sales people would say we are not good closers.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:48 pm
Kicky, I think justa_babbling_brooke is on the right track. Can you tell us what happened?

jbb, I just noticed your signature line. Did you come up with it or is it a quote? Whichever it is, the message is one of life's most important.

Forgiveness is one of the most difficult concepts to understand. Your quote says it perfectly.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:50 pm
Ya know what? If it ever did happen to you, as cute as you are.....I'm sure she'd patiently wait for 2nd time you tried to kiss her. Then she'd just place her palms on each side of your face (hold you so you couldn't get away :wink: ) and bring her lips to yours first.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:55 pm
Diane wrote:
Kicky, I think justa_babbling_brooke is on the right track. Can you tell us what happened?

jbb, I just noticed your signature line. Did you come up with it or is it a quote? Whichever it is, the message is one of life's most important.

Forgiveness is one of the most difficult concepts to understand. Your quote says it perfectly.

Hi Diane........actually I'm not sure who that quote belongs to. It's just one that means alot to me because I've had to deal with that issue. So I try to embrace it. Smile (Although, I sometimes fail.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:55 pm
Please. You guys know me better than that, don't you? You know that whenever something highly embarrassing and incredibly personal happens to me, I immediately go and blab about it on A2K. If it happened to me, you would all hear the complete story, probably in way too much detail. I'm not one for beating around the bush.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:57 pm
Yeah well.......I was thinking that it didn't really sound like something you would do. Pull away from a kiss that is. :wink:
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:59 pm
Sorry for getting off subject, Kicky. Many years ago, around 1964, I went out with a man who was wonderful to talk to, smart, honest and fun. When things started getting too hot, I chickened out. That has always been one of those "What might have been?" questions throughout my life. I have always wondered what became of him and have always wished him well, whever he might be.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:00 pm
I never miss a kiss.

I kissed the next door neighbour when he moved his Jeep for me.

I never miss a chance to lay a smooch on someone.

Very Happy
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:04 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I never miss a kiss.

I kissed the next door neighbour when he moved his Jeep for me.

I never miss a chance to lay a smooch on someone.

Very Happy

heehee
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:04 pm
I think guys are more likely to have experienced this. Since the guy is the one who is always expected to make the move, if it doesn't happen, I think women are just clueless that anything even transpired. Of course they probably felt something happen, but they don't realize that the guy is now tearing his own guts out because he choked so bad.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:05 pm
So, Diane, did you ever google him?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:07 pm
Times have changed, Kicky. :wink:

Is not shy about making the first move if I really wanna kiss someone. Except it's hard to stop once you get started. Kissing is something that can go on for hours...and seem like minutes.
0 Replies

kickycan

Diane wrote:
Sorry for getting off subject, Kicky. Many years ago, around 1964, I went out with a man who was wonderful to talk to, smart, honest and fun. When things started getting too hot, I chickened out. That has always been one of those "What might have been?" questions throughout my life. I have always wondered what became of him and have always wished him well, whever he might be.

Osso's right. You should google him and see what became of him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

That's probably true, kCan.

The neighbour did kinda give me a look like "whoa - you mean I coulda kissed you sometime?". Then he looked over at Setanta and went home.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:12 pm
Haha! Must be interesting being your neighbor.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:12 pm
ehBeth wrote:

The neighbour did kinda give me a look like "whoa - you mean I coulda kissed you sometime?". Then he looked over at Setanta and went home.

Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:16 pm
In my very early twenties I dated a georgeous model from my life drawing class. I had big plans, and that made me very nervous. At one point we were sitting in my car and she commented on the beauty of the moon. I impatiently looked out the window and grunted a perfunctory "Yeah." She responded "No the other way, that's a street light." That was the best thing I did that night, the night of our last date.
0 Replies