Anyone interested in Chinese?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 07:41 pm
I visited Hong Kong last month for my third visit, and since it was Chinese New Years, everybody was saying "kung hay fat choi." I'm Japanese American, but we have many Chinese in our family on both sides between my wife and my siblings. I've been to China twice, but would like to return, because I still want to do the Yangtse River cruise. Many years ago on my first visit to China, I met a girl at our hotel in Xian, and she spoke better Japanese than I ever could. Wink
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 08:17 pm
I am not sure the non-Chinese people here could see Chinese characters well on their computers.

How many of you can see "你好" clearly?
(If you couldn't see it well then it may present as two squares)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 08:37 pm
JB, Your Chinese characters are correct on my computer.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:27 am
Why did I only visit this site NOW at the crazy time of 9:15pm Australian time? I feel so at home here!! Very Happy Very Happy

*cough cough* (embarressed face) Embarrassed

Hi all I am from HK (which I regard as China) but now living in Australia, so really I feel like I have a lot to learn myself. BOOH and JB - you can be our tutors now! :wink:
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:30 am
So, tell us your basic knowledge of Chinese Smile

And I have discovered a Australian radio station, both in English and in Chinese. Quite good Smile
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:33 am
re the radio station - I think I know which one you are talking about - 93.3 FM or something? Or did you find another one?

Basic knowlege? Well, definitley cantonese is more easier for me but I can understand mandarin and now am learning it - the simplified version, not the traditional version.

That's all. Not very interesting. and thank you to BOOH for putting up this topic!!
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 03:34 am
Hey - here is a question! Why is the chinese saying of mobile phone da ge da - big brother big??? Confused
0 Replies

MrBromley

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 10:31 am
Chinese is not really that difficult after you learn how the grammar works.

I ave been in China for 2.5 years and my chinese is quite good. I have never studied the language at all.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 04:32 pm
MrBromley wrote:
Chinese is not really that difficult after you learn how the grammar works.

I ave been in China for 2.5 years and my chinese is quite good. I have never studied the language at all.

Good on you! Very Happy Its true - I have seen many westerners who speak chinese really really well (better than some chinese!! :wink: ) and they have lived there for a while - I guess one just picks it up sometime. I look forward to conversing with you soon - can you read pinyin? My computer can't write chinese words. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

awaychen

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:39 am
Hi, i woulld like to swap my Mandarin and Cantonese with the language you speak if you need me.
0 Replies

awaychen

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:50 am
my msn: [email protected]
0 Replies

ilovejqx

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:15 am
I'm a Chinese,thank you all for liking this fantastic language.However it's somewhat difficult for you guys to learn.But I believe that diligence can make wonders!
0 Replies

jangel27540

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 03:26 pm
me wanna know how 2 say shut up in chinese
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:52 pm
jangel27540 wrote:
me wanna know how 2 say shut up in chinese

So long as its not against chinese people... :wink:
0 Replies

jangel27540

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:10 pm
pragmatic wrote:
So long as its not against chinese people... :wink:

o no itz against my friend who is like obsessed w/ other languages
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:05 pm
sha tup
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:30 am
I am from China.
But it seems that nobody here knows Chinese well, except the guys who are from China too.
Smile
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 08:56 pm
hi,everyone here.I am back after long-time absence from the A2K.
When I surf the forum,by chance i glance at this topic,and i am also a Chinese guy, so any questions if you want to ask me and if i can answer you,i'm willing to reply and make friends.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 09:00 pm
I still want to know: why is it us chinese ppl say "da ge da" as a phrase for our mobile?

In cantonese we just say sao tai (hand held).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 09:52 pm
upstudio, Where is Chendu located in China?
0 Replies