bronchitis sucks

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:09 am
wow, that's great!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:58 pm
Yay, Kristie!!!

You brave thing, you! I'm glad it had such a good effect -- and so fast, too. Cool!

I think, however, I'll stick with what I know -- snorting the salt water from my palm. (Old dog... old tricks.)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:00 pm
I can't believe it. I am absolutly amazed. Who woulda thunk?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:11 pm
What's your doctor going to say? You gonna tell him/her?

I've heard that at least part of the reason the salt water rinse works for allergy sufferers is that it washes out the allergens you breathe in rather than covering 'em up or making your body dispose of them.

I'm happy for ya!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:15 pm
hey, yeah...that makes sense...

actually, I am booting my doctor out of the picture and going to see an allergist. I don't think I am being treated properly by my regular doc. So when asked, I will tell them I shoot salt water up my nose for fun. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:18 pm
I have some of those booger bulbs from when jillian was born.
Hmm.. i could try one of those!
more control then that nettie pot i tell ya what.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:19 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I have some of those booger bulbs from when jillian was born.
Hmm.. i could try one of those!
more control then that nettie pot i tell ya what.

gotta be careful or you shoot it too far and it burns.....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:16 pm
aagh you have my sympathy - I'm just recovering from it.

I had lots and lots of bottled water with fruit juice, cinnamon and mango tea, did the salt water thing, and gargling with salt water helps as well, got through 3 bottles of expectorant cough medicine, a zillion boxes of Kleenex with balsam,Vick Sinex and yes, fever, bronchitis, feeling like death and as though I'd been steamrollered (and I'm asthmatic too). It was 2 weeks before I started to get better (on antibiotics finally) and still trying to shake the last of it off and feeling tired and achey.

yuk
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:17 pm
aaaaawwwww, I hope you guys aren't contagious via the internet.....

Shewolf, how are you feeling today?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:38 pm
today im feeling pretty good...
my doc gave me some cough syrup with codeine...
i aint feellllliiinnnnggg noothing....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:43 pm
littlek wrote:
aaaaawwwww, I hope you guys aren't contagious via the internet.....

> procedes to wipe germs all over littlek's avatar<
I dunno... we shall see... ;-) Laughing
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:46 pm
Just found this thread. Shewolfnm is irrepresible--it's hard to believe she is still online, but it is good to moan and bitch and get some good sympathetic thoughts coming your way.

I discovered the nettie pot a few years ago through a magazine. I get terrible sinus infections and it has helped more than anything else.

Did you try echinacea? That has worked for me when I've had a cold--dont' think I've used it when I've had bronchitis. Thank heaven I've only had bronchitis a couple of times.

Honey, cough syrup with codeine is the best when you just want to sleep and sleep for hours on end. Nice doc.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:48 pm
I'll get you for that shewolf!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 06:20 pm
you should come over and keep me company diane. ;-)
Bean would love too play with ya.

So, i go shopping for some herbs yesterday.
I made a list of the ones you suggested littlek.. and even in our herbal market ( we have the herb bar, whole foods and a few other metaphysical stores ) everyone is out of most of thier stock. Shocked
Apparently, there is a shortage of herbs, certain beans, organic brown rice and a few other common things here!
Drought? anywhere in the nation maybe? isnt that strange?? So I did get some Anise, and some slippery elm. I have thyme but it is pretty old so i will just use it in my humidifier.
thanks for the list lk!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:03 pm
shewolf, how are you feeling today? When is/was the doctor appointment?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:09 am
I think I am finally over that awful stuff
The doc said that the fluid in my lungs wasnt bad. It was where he thinks it should be for bronchitius and nothing else.
This weekend wasnt easy because we spent some time moving all the music equipment out of the studio room and packing some up and putting it in the attic. I did not do much but help wrap some of the drums up, but I could feel the pressure in my lungs. >sigh<
So I spent most of sunday resting. I feel tons better today and I have not had a coughing fit in 3 days. My fever is gone and I am starting to feel like a real human and not the walking dead. ;-)
I think.. i can see a light at the end of this tunnell......
maybe....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:19 am
shewolfnm wrote:

I think.. i can see a light at the end of this tunnell......
maybe....

sometimes it's the sun...sometimes it's a train.... Laughing

Just kidding. I am glad you are feeling better!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
Glad you're on the upswing. Being sick with small children to take care of sucks.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:01 am
oh yes it is.
I stay at home with my daughter. So there has been noone to help and no way to really nap.
So this weekend I almost didnt come out of my room to make everyone else HAVE to take care of bean for me.
>sigh<
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:57 am
Glad you're starting to feel a bit better, Shewolfnewmom.

Keep up with the salt water, and rest as much as you can. If you are post-bronchial, you're in danger of a quick relapse if you don't let yourself recover fully.
0 Replies