Will Any Gay Marriage Opponents Here Admit to Gay Tendency?

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:15 pm
Wow, all this hysteria about a lousy 1% of the population?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:18 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
Are you coming to San Francisco anytime soon, we could discuss this. :wink:

I'm sure your thinking that you could prove me wrong. You'd lose. :wink:

Aw, you are too young for me anyway, a lot of women do not really get in touch with their sexuality until later so there is hope for you yet though sadly not for me. Cool
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:19 pm
I don't think there is any hysteria except that coming from the gay activists. The people in their votes have consistently, and calmly voted to deny this absurd attempt to pervert the long-standing institutions pf our society and protect those who produce and raise the next generation of our people.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:21 pm
How absurd that people want basic civil rights.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:25 pm
What "basic civil rights" do you have in mind? I don't think there is any argument here about the freedom of consenting individuals to engage in homosexual behavior if they choose to do so.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:32 pm
Chrissee wrote:
OB, 900 page views now, since over 50% oppose gay marrigae, that is now 450 people who refuse to admit even the slightest gay inclination. That is statistically almost impossible. You personally might be in the minority of people who is 100% hetereo-sexual. OTOH, you might feel the way you do because of repression.
Repressing me would be quite a feat. Stick around... you'll see what I mean. Page view happens each time someone views a page on the thread. You're probably responsible for dozens of that 900 yourself. Approximately every 8th view became a post which is probably about average for a political thread. I read more than I talk myself (believe it or not Shocked), and lots don't like to mix it up in a political thread at all. Verdict: Inclusive. :wink:

Chrissee wrote:
Again, every person alive is a unique sexual being. BTW I don't feel like I am a homosexual, I am a bi-sexual with a strong leaning towrds women. I don't like hairy guys either but you know not all guys are hairy, so maybe you just haven't met the right man. Smile
Laughing I don't know what percentage of men have hairy a$$es either... that's just a visual that I have to asume will seperate the classes. Laughing I don't have a hairy one myself. Cool
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:33 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
What "basic civil rights" do you have in mind? I don't think there is any argument here about the freedom of consenting individuals to engage in homosexual behavior if they choose to do so.
Rolling Eyes Drunk
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:41 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I don't know what percentage of men have hairy a$$es either... that's just a visual that I have to asume will seperate the classes. Laughing I don't have a hairy one myself. Cool

Care to prove that? Cool
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:43 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I don't know what percentage of men have hairy a$$es either... that's just a visual that I have to asume will seperate the classes. Laughing I don't have a hairy one myself. Cool

Care to prove that? Cool

OMFG, puhleeeeeeeze. I just ate!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:00 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Care to prove that? Cool

You might want to be more careful what you wish for. :wink: (In other words; Yes)
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-017.gif
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:22 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
I don't think there is any hysteria except that coming from the gay activists.

Your usual selective logic on display....

First they came for Bert and Ernie, and I said nothing, because I was not a Muppet.

Then they came for Tinky Winky, and I said nothing, because I was not a Teletubby.

Then they came for Sponge Bob and Patrick, and I said nothing, because I was not an asexual cartoon sea creature.

I'm just wondering who'll be the next target of the Righteous Conservative Wrath Against Imaginary Creatures Perceived as Gay....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:34 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
You're a perceptive guy, Finn. If you know enough potential closet gays; try my liar experiment only substituting homosexual innuendo and see how many of your lie detectors an overreaction sets offÂ… I think you might be surprised.

Bill I suppose that there is some validity to the notion that some men who are aggressively anti-gay are simply reacting to the shame they feel about their own homosexual tendencies, but this is an overly broad generalization. They may just as well aggressively bash gays because they perceive them to be, as a whole, weak, and they enjoy bullying the weak.

In any case, the sort of anti-social behavior that might suggest latent homosexuality is a far cry from opposing same sex marriages or finding the image of men copulating to be repulsive.

I believe gay men and women are perfectly capable of being decent human beings and a decent gay person is as acceptable to me as a decent straight person. I don't believe they should be persecuted for the sole reason of their sexual orientation, but frankly I'm ambivalent about same sex marriages.

What I have some difficulty with is the compulsive insistence on the part of some folks to try and assert that homosexuality a not just a norm but an enlightened state of sexuality.

Bisexuality as some form of carnal experimentation is not much more than plain hedonism, in my opinion. One can be as much a slave to lust as to narcotics, gambling or alcohol. Pleasure is great but it invariably proves out that too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 06:32 am
Quote:
Bisexuality as some form of carnal experimentation is not much more than plain hedonism, in my opinion. One can be as much a slave to lust as to narcotics, gambling or alcohol. Pleasure is great but it invariably proves out that too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

You guys really crack me up. With all the kinky, bizzare things allegedly straight guys particiapte in, you make the ridiculous assertion that bi-sexuality is hedonism and then make the absurd implication that it is sexual addiction.

Quote:
What I have some difficulty with is the compulsive insistence on the part of some folks to try and assert that homosexuality a not just a norm but an enlightened state of sexuality.

Don't knock it til you tried it. Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:25 am
Most people that are aggressively against beating women secretly yearn to actually beat women.

Most people that are aggressively against George Bush secretly yearn to support him and his policies.

Most people that are aggressively against the war in Iraq secretly yearn to publically support and go fight in it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:31 am
Chrissee are you trying to justify to yourself or others, your bisexuality? You seem to be wanting others to admit to you your lifestyle. Which, for the record, is your business. I have no problem with gays. Or bisexuals. Or straights.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:16 am
Kristie wrote:
Chrissee are you trying to justify to yourself or others, your bisexuality? You seem to be wanting others to admit to you your lifestyle. Which, for the record, is your business. I have no problem with gays. Or bisexuals. Or straights.

I want people to be honest.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:18 am
Chrissee wrote:
Kristie wrote:
Chrissee-

Having a "fleeting thought" regarding the same sex does not constitute a gay tendancy.

So am I to understand that you agree that almost everyone entertains at least a fleeting thought about the possiblity of gay sex?

Why didn't you answer the question?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:24 am
Chrissee wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
Kristie wrote:
Chrissee-

Having a "fleeting thought" regarding the same sex does not constitute a gay tendancy.

So am I to understand that you agree that almost everyone entertains at least a fleeting thought about the possibility of gay sex?

Why didn't you answer the question?

Sorry, it was about 10 pages back and I didn't see it. I haven't been online all night.

I am not going to say a definitive yes or no because I am not "everyone".

Brooke has stated that she has not. So I guess, that not everyone entertains the idea.

You do entertain the thought. So I guess that some people do.

The other question is what do you consider sex? Intercourse, oral, tongue kissing, touching, heavy petting, fantasizing, manual stimulation, penetration....sex is what the person doing it defines it as. Some say it's intercourse or penetration only.

And if entertaining a gay thought constituted bisexuality that would mean that all men are cheaters since at one time or another, they have probably thought about another woman sexually, other than their wife or girlfriend.

Edit: Spelling correction.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:46 am
There are no "serious" studies determining that only 1% of the population is gay.

The University of Chicago study (criticized for it's accuracy as much as the Kinsey, and Masters and Johnson) placed the male gay percentage at 2.3 %. I very much doubt that gay men come flocking into these interviews (interrogrations?) and I doubt that all straight men are willing to divulge they've had a homosexual experience (which, as I remember is the actual inquiry in the Kinsey Report). Psychiatric professionals I have known well enough to trust their judgement looked at all the studies and concluded the figure is more likely around 6% of the male population as living a gay lifestyle. I just have never believed anyone can come up with a true figure and the extrapolations are moot. Just the difference between these studies taking place in urban or rural areas could throw statistics wildly off course.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:

You might want to be more careful what you wish for. :wink: (In other words; Yes)
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-017.gif

Laughing

Awaits the proof. :wink:
0 Replies